Why do I worry?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (40 posts)
  1. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

How old do people think I am? I think because I work in a nursing home I worry way to much about how old I look because I do not want to grow old. It scares me because I know what happens to the elderly. How old do you think I am? If you already know please don't guess because that will make me feel bad. smile

1. itech profile image64
      itechposted 14 years agoin reply to this

30-32

2. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you look young, and dont be scared to grow old anymore...it is inevitable, old gracefully, you are beautiful woman too,

the problem of elderly is very complex, they need more attention, they want to be reassured that they are still on it...they become insecure at times, we as children need to love our parents when they grow old, I am not saying something here but in the Philippines, we dont have as much home for the elderly, when our parents gets old, we get them, one way of showing our love to them for what they did when we were young,

I am not scared to grow old, because everyday for me I live it as I never live it before, and my children will be with me, my family too,

2. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

26 or 28.
    I believe that we are only as young as we feel we are.
    Age is not an issue one should worry about.  Many more important issues to deal with.  Besides ageing is inevitable, so why worry.

kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

IDK but I do worry. I hate the thought of getting old. For some reason it really scares me.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Somehow I don't see aging doing any harm. smile But, if I were to guess, by this picture...I would say you are about 30-34 years old. But, again it's just a guess. lol

You really think I am that old. sad

Aww...it's a sign of the level of maturity I see in you, not just your looks? lol But, you can take it however you want. I say it's a good thing. smile

Oh ok that makes me feel better. I guess its really not a good thing when the patients at work ask me where my mom is. lol

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

3. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

I would guess around 28.  Don't worry about it, though.
    A lot of women get even better looking as they get older.

lol
      Some people tell me after seeing my pictures that I look younger as I am getting older.

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
        Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, see...that's a good thing. Hopefully I didn't overshoot in my estimate. big_smile

lol
          Its a secret. Ya see if I say then others will guess older then I would feel bad. lol

4. kmackey32 profile image65

Although pictures sometimes done really show a persons age. Maybe I should put my other one back. lol

5. Jeffrey Neal profile image68

I know the 30 mark is scary to some ladies for some reason.  Trust me...things are just getting started.  I never want to go back to my 20's, lol, too tiring! lol

Your new picture is nice...alluring...you should keep it.

Ok to be honest, I am over 30 by 4 years. lol
      I am 34, on Feb. 1st. smile

Hmmm.....? Looks like I got it right. lol lol lol

Ya but most guess alot younger. Atleast in my 20's. smile

2. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
          Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good one lol cool

6. Jeffrey Neal profile image68

I just noticed the number next to your name...any significance?

OMFG see, dam Ima blond sometimes. Thats the only reason you knew. lol

7. kmackey32 profile image65

OMG I hate it when I have to tell my age. lol

8. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Umm.... 63? lol Kidding

No guesses big_smile

P.S. Good to see your old picture back in the avatar.

lol lol lol

2. kmackey32 profile image65

Oh thank you. You like that one better?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
        Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like the current one better. BTW you look younger in this one, quite like a college girl.

Oh interesting. Maybe this is the one to keep. smile

I'll agree....yeah, I'll definitely agree. lol

9. kmackey32 profile image65

Ok thats what I thought. So I am keeping this one. smile

10. kmackey32 profile image65

I once went to get my daughter at school and she was scared that the principle wouldnt believe I was her mom. ha... She is 16.

11. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I believe that. smile

12. kmackey32 profile image65

See, so you didnt think I was really in my 30s?

That's not the point. I can see how people can see you that young? That means I can form an image of you being that young, because in reality I see what I mentioned. big_smile

13. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

But, nice try tho. lol

14. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Based on most of the people I know (with the exception of a couple who turned themselves old looking by baking in the sun too much when they're young), most people don't even show any signs of aging at all until they at least pass 50.  (A few in their forties have some signs, but that's not most.)   Only 50% of people have hair that starts to gray before 50 (that one I ran into in research recently).  So generally, everyone stays young looking until at least well into their forties and doesn't have to worry about aging.

Here's some "crusty old wisdom" I learned at 20 years old.  I used to always be looking in the mirror, examining the space between my mouth and the end of my nose, because, in my opinion, there was too much space because I have a short nose.  Although I certainly didn't consider plastic surgery, the idea would always come to me that it might be good to have some little thing to make that space "better".  Well, I was in a car accident and my face was so cut up nobody could recognize me.  I didn't know if my face would ever "come back", and suddenly I realized how foolish I'd been to worry about the stupid space between my nose and mouth.  roll.  I vowed that if my face ever came back I'd never again be looking for whatever I thought was wrong with it.  My face came back, and I settled into a life of having my worries in perspective.  One added thought is that that accident took the like of my 20 year old friend, who never got to experience seeing a few well earned fine lines or gray hairs; so even though I'm still decades away from "nursing home age", I'm guessing I'll still be pretty damned happy to have gray hair and wrinkles and to know how fortunate I am to have not been "frozen in  youth" the way my girlfriend was.  Although some of those elderly people may now struggle with physical problems that can come with age, a lot of them may be far more whole on the inside than their exterior would lead anyone to believe.  You're young now, and if you stress over getting old 40 or 50 years before you need to you'll bring on the worry lines in a year a half!  lol   Hope this helps.  smile

15. emievil profile image66
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Honestly speaking, I thought you were like in your mid 20s when I first saw your picture. I nearly fell off my chair when I found out we are almost of the same age smile.

16. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

If in my old age I am able to A. Get to a toilet in good time, B. maintain a relatively good mobility, and C. have my mental functions continue to be able to serve me well enough Then I look forward to getting older. I would love to be a spry little ol granny who can bake a delicious cookie for any and all kids who visit, and considering the state of pension plans n such if I could hold down a part time job somewhere to make up for a low pension I shall be happy. Maybe have a grand kid or two to spoil, sounds pretty sweet to me big_smile

1. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Weren't you the one who also mentioned, in the last couple of days, becoming an old granny who uses foul language all the time?   lol  (I didn't go back and look it up, but I thought it was you.  lol  )

1. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah that sounds like me big_smile I think being old is going to rock!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)