What does Islam tell about Jesus ?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (71 posts)
  1. docrehab profile image60
    docrehabposted 14 years ago

What does Islam tell about Jesus ?

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It would not matter. It is heresy any way. Conjecture without basis.

But, Thank you for playing. smile

2. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jesus was a great prophet or messenger of god. smile

3. mohitmisra profile image61

That  he was a great prophet a messenger of god like Muhammad.

4. errum fattah profile image60
      errum fattahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Islam says abt jesus that jesus was a great prophet like mohammad(pbuh) and all muslims should respect  him, love him, care abt him, care abt his people like caring abt mohommad(pbuh)'s people...so jesus has great importance in islam cuz he's our massiah he'll save us in the day of judgment from yajooj majooj..v love him

1. skyfire profile image78
        skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why he needs love ? Is there senti-emo thing going on for god and his prophets ? I mean come on, gods are sadistic that they need love and care ?

2. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Why would you want to know? All religion is just man written nonsense!

docrehabposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your reply is not needed. Thx

1. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

he has just as much right to reply as anyone.  I happen to agree with him.  You of all people should know we can reply as often as we like.  So please change your ongoing righteous tone.  Thank you smile

It is not hard to understand that I posted this question to people having a religious faith specifically to muslims and I didnt want to read to insulting atheic replies.

I just want to discuss in peace. Can I ?

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
              Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi docrehab, if you start a thread and want to discuss religious faith issues, you'll quickly get replies from atheists.  I don't know why.  It's like you're asking directions to Walmart and they tell you it doesn't exist. Just ignore it, people you are seeking will eventually post, it just may take longer because there have been times when OPs have tried to start what was thought would be a religious faith exchange but ended up in mockery. Keep asking questions.

1. profile image54
                (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why do you feel the need to lie?

So, are you saying we shouldn't mock your beliefs but you are free to openly lie?

See what I mean?

1. Freya Cesare profile image78
                    Freya Cesareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought maybe they just want to share their faith..... ^_^

or maybe they really curious to see if there are something about religion in people's mind which able to change their mind. smile

Did I'm wrong?

2. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your post is not needed tnx smile

3. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Can you?  I can't answer that question for you.

4. docrehab profile image60

Please, give up. I am not interesting in this kind of discussion. I am a christian and I have the right to talk to anyone who is interested in my beliefs. If you dont agree, are you obligated to participate to the discussions? Read my posts and comments you will see that I dont judge anybody.

1. Hokey profile image60
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You said you are not interesting!!!   big_smile big_smile lol lol

5. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

And no one is judging you.

Well, I just reported your posts to Hubpages team. I dont want issues on Hubpages. I just came here to communicate with real people...

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are talking to real people? roll

Btw- you it isn't good to report people when they haven't done anything wrong. You yourself could get banned. Just to let you know. smile Just a piece of advice. smile

Well, we will see their feedback big_smile

6. docrehab profile image60

Well, I think I better ignore your replies unless you have respectful words (we are adults) to say in relation to my initial question.

7. FranyaBlue profile image74
    FranyaBlueposted 14 years ago

We sent to her our angel Gabriel, and he appeared before her in the form of a man in full human form.

She said:
    ‘I seek refuge with The Most Beneficent [God] from you, if you do fear Him.’

He (Gabriel) said:
    ‘I am only a Messenger from your Lord, (to announce) to you the gift of a righteous son.’

She said:
    ‘How can I have a son, when no man has touched me, nor am I unchaste?’

He (Gabriel) said:
    ‘So (it will be), your Lord said ‘that is easy for Me: And to appoint him as a sign to mankind and a mercy from Us (from God)’, and it is a matter (already) decreed.’

(Quran 19:16-21)

Chapter 19 entitled 'Maryam' is one of my favourite chapters of the Quran, please read it, but for more info specifically on Jesus(AS) please read chapter 3 entitled 'Aali Imran'.

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

nice.
      Thanks Franya, i forgot that they believe in angelic beings.

Imrah/Imran: the physical word/evidence of words.
      ...a beautiful thing

8. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

In my understanding, though I am neither Christian nor Muslim, Islam believes that

Jesus, aka Isa, was one of a series of prophets, all of whom are worthy of reverence. Mohammed was the last prophet, who completed the revelation from Allah to humanity.

9. thekidandblue profile image60
    thekidandblueposted 14 years ago

I think the Qu'ran says he is a prophet but not the son of god, not sure though

10. FranyaBlue profile image74
    FranyaBlueposted 14 years ago

Yes, in the Quran Jesus(AS) is a very important prophet and believing in him is obligatory as a muslim, we don't believe him to be the actual son of God. And yes Mohammed(SAWS) was the last prophet from God to us, as we believe.

>Twenty One Days - Thanks, I didn't know that Imran had that meaning.

11. muslima61 profile image73
    muslima61posted 14 years ago

our Prophet Jesus, Isa, عيسى‎(pbuh) is the messenger of Allah for the purpose to guide the people of Israel with a new scripture - The Gospel, Injil. He was born to Mary, Maryam by virginal conception which is a miraculous event by Allah.Isa was neither killed or crucified but was raised alive to live in Jannah, heaven.
    He will return close to the day of judgement to restore justice and defeat the Masih ad-Dajjal,messiah.the anti christ.Isa (pbuh)was a mortal man like the other prophets before him, he was not the literal son of God, he had been divinely chosen to spread God's message.Isa (pbuh)foretold the coming of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh).

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If Jesus was not crucifed, how do you eplain Roman and Jewish historical reports the He was?

12. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

When you refer to The Gospel, is that the New Testament of the Christian Bible? Is this seen by Muslims as a transition to the revelations of the Quran? Does the foretelling of Muhammad appear in the New Testament, or do Muslims refer to another collection of the sayings of Jesus?

I'm curious as to why Messiah is equated with Anti-Christ. I thought the word Messiah meant saviour.

I'm asking out of genuine interest, not in order to provoke. I am not Christian, but I have done some amateur study of Christian theology. I am ashamed to admit that I know very little about Islam, my studies in that direction have mainly concerned Sufism.

1. mohitmisra profile image61

He means fake messiah,you are corerct in asking.

2. muslima61 profile image73
      muslima61posted 14 years agoin reply to this

..In both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible, we find clear prophecies about the advent of the final prophet of God, Muhammad (peace be upon him).

Prophet Muhammad pbuh - in the Torah ( old testament) as revealed to Moses
      The Torah is the Book revealed by God to Moses (peace be upon him). Traditionally it is said to consist only of the first five books of the Old Testament namely, Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. The prophecy you have mentioned is taken from the Book of Deuteronomy chapter 18. Here is what Jehovah spoke to Moses about the prophet to come:

“I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.” (Deuteronomy 18:18)

To dispel your confusion, here are the facts, again: Prophet Abraham or Ibraheem, peace be upon him, had two sons: Ishmael and Isaac, (i.e Isma`eel and Ishaq, peace be upon them both). The second son, Isaac had two sons, Esau and Jacob. It was Jacob who was later called Israel. The Children of Israel are now called Jews. The brethren of the Children of Israel are the Children of Ishmael. As the prophet to come was from among the brethren of the Children of Israel, it is clear that he is from the Children of Ishmael.

Ishmael the firstborn of Abraham, had twelve children and of these, Kedar is specially noticeable, because he is mentioned with significance in a prophecy we find in Isaiah 42. It supports the earlier prophecy given in Deuteronomy 18.

Isaiah 42:

“Behold my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights; I have put my Spirit upon him, he will bring forth justice to the nations.” (1)

“He will not fail or be discouraged till he has established justice in the earth; and the coastlands wait for his law. (4)

“I am the Lord, I have called you in righteousness, I have taken you by the hand and kept you; I have given you as a covenant to the people, a light to the nations…” (6)

“Let the desert and its cities lift up their voice, the villages that Kedar inhabits; let the inhabitants of Sela sing for joy, let them shout from the top of the mountains. (11)

“The Lord goes forth like a mighty man, like a man of war he stirs up his fury; he cries out, he shouts aloud, he shows himself mighty against his foes. (13) (Isaiah 42:1, 4, 6, 11, 13)

From the above verses, we may understand the following:

The prophet to come will not fail or be discouraged till he has established justice on earth; and it is emphasized that the coastlands wait for his law.

We can see that this prophecy as well as the previous one, refers to Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, rather than to Jesus. This is because Jesus could not establish justice on earth; God took him up when the Romans tried to crucify him; whereas Muhammad founded an Islamic state, the hall mark of which was law, order and justice.

The mentioning of Kedar and the villages where the Children of Kedar inhabit, indicates that the prophet was one of the Children of Kedar.

The reference to fighting and victory over the enemies in verse 13 also points to Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, rather than to Jesus.

Jesus was one of the Children of Israel; he was not one of their brethren. Thus, both prophecies make it clear that the Prophet-like-Moses foretold in Deuteronomy and the “my servant whom I uphold” of Isaiah 42, was Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), the Last Prophet of God.

prophet Muhammad. pbuh - in the gospel ( NEW TESTAMENT)

In the Gospel of Matthew in the New Testament, we read how Jesus was addressing his people — the Children of Israel:

Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes? Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. (Matthew 21:42-44, KJV)

The Christians interpret "the rejected stone" to be Jesus. But the epithet refers to Ishmael the son of Abraham, and not to Jesus, for the following reasons:

1. Jesus was not rejected unlike Ishmael who was clearly rejected.

2. Jesus himself refers to "the rejected stone becoming the head of the corner" in future tense.

3. This verse particularly: The Kingdom of God will be taken from you, and given to a nation producing the fruits of it.

In this context, the reference to a nation clearly shows that it cannot be Jesus.

And he is not speaking of himself here. Rather, he tells the Children of Israel whom he addresses that "the Kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a nation producing the fruits of it."

So, the nation mentioned here must be a nation other than the Children of Israel. Obviously the reference is to the Children of Ishmael.

A Prophet Like Moses

In New Testament times, the Jews were still expecting the "Prophet like Moses" mentioned in Deuteronomy 18. When Jesus claimed to be the expected Messiah, the Jews questioned him about Elias, because they had a parallel prophecy that Prophet Elias must come before the Messiah. And Jesus confirms this belief among them:

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. But I say unto you, That Elias is come already (Matthew 17:11-12, KJV)

But the Jews were not prepared to believe the words of any would-be Messiah. And so when John the Baptist confronted them, they asked him who he actually was.

Read the Gospel of John:

And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou? And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ. And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No. (John 1:19-21, KJV)

From the above verses the following facts become clear:
      1. John is not the Christ (i.e. the Messiah).

2. He is not Elias (This is a contradiction of what Jesus said about him, and it poses a problem for the Christian interpreters of the Bible).

3. He is not "that prophet."

Note that John answers three questions about three distinct persons: Christ, Elias, and "that prophet." There is no reference to "that Prophet" in any previous passage in the Gospel of John nor in the three other gospels. Who is "that prophet"? Christian exegetes argue that "that prophet" means the same as Christ. We see no supporting evidence to this either in the words of John the Baptist or in the gospels.

Bible concordances mention in their notes that the words "that prophet" refer to the prophecy in Deuteronomy 18 about "the prophet like Moses." And the "Prophet-like-Moses" was not Jesus, but Muhammad, as can be seen in our explanations of the relevant verses.

The Comforter Will Come

In the New Testament, we read about Jesus telling his followers that a "Spirit of Truth" or "Comforter" (translation provided for the Greek word, "Paracletos" in the English translations of the New Testament) would come after him to complete the Religion of God.

See the Gospel of John:

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. (John 14:16-17, KJV)

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. (John 16:7KJV)

This means that "the Comforter" is someone who would come after the departure of Jesus. In fact "the Holy Spirit" was active according to the Old Testament as well as the Gospels, before the departure of Jesus. So the predicted "Comforter" was someone other than the Holy Spirit.

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. (John 16:8-13, KJV)

The above verses mean that "the Comforter" would not be a member of the Trinity (i.e. God Himself according to the Christians) because he would be someone who speaks what he hears (i.e. hears from God), and "he shall not speak of himself." That is, he would not be God the Holy Spirit.

He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. (John 16:14, KJV)

That is, "the Comforter" will glorify Jesus. We find that it was Muhammad who glorified Jesus, by quoting the Word of God in the Qur'an, as he ought to be glorified.

For the above reasons, the predicted "Comforter" or "the Spirit of Truth" is not "the Holy Spirit," as claimed by Christians. And it was only Muhammad who fit all the details of the prophecy of Jesus here. And this prophecy in the New Testament is corroborated by the Old Testament prophecies about "the Prophet-like-Moses" given in Deuteronomy 18 as well.

As outlined above, the qualities mentioned in the prophecies of both Moses and Jesus about the coming prophet find their fulfillment in Prophet Muhammad, the final prophet of God, through whom God completed His Guidance for humanity.

I apologise for the very long answer but the question you asked does not give to a short answer.

13. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Why Final Prophet ?

1. muslima61 profile image73
      muslima61posted 14 years agoin reply to this

When we Muslims say that the prophet Muhammad is the final prophet, we mean there will be no new prophets to come after him, and no former prophets to come back with a new message, nor any new prophets comming with a new book.

Muslims expect the Mahdi.

Hindus the avatar of Vishnu.

Parsees the twin as avatars.

Buddhists expect the Buddha.
        I have written a book which is ranked above the Holy Quran.

As long as humans  exist god will keep sending his prophets to guide humanity.

2. profile image54
        (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

What about John Smith and the Mormons?

Notice Muhammad was wrong, again?

Whoa, you consider Smith a prophet?  I had no idea you were a mormon lol

14. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

What does Islam tell about Jesus?

To be quite frank, what Islam tells about Jesus is quite irrelevant to those who live in reality.

The true message of Jesus' work has been hidden within the context of religion, so as to keep people from finding the truth about their own life.

Why? Because, it's based on an ideology that chaos would rule and the human race MUST BE MADE to answer to a higher authority.

The original message/teachings of Jesus' work was included in religion, long after he was executed for no crime.

Should you disagree, you're welcome to, however, I suggest you ask yourself this- Why isn't ALL of Jesus' work included in religion?  Once you figure out why NOT all his work is included, then you destroy religion. Because, much of his work had absolutely NOTHING to do with religion.

It's only when you look at the real meaning of his teachings do you understand that religion is the FALSE IDOL that Jesus' work was fighting against. And, when you put that together with the understanding of the primitive language of HIS time, then you realize that much of his works was "coded" in religion's language, so as to be hidden from the Romans.

The religious/spiritual leaders of Jesus' time realized Jesus was not teaching religion's "GOD" concept and hence, he threatened the existence of control by rulers, mystics, oracles and the god-kings of that time.

As for him dying for the sins of humankind. It's B.S.! All the way down to the last letter written.

1. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've been following this thread like you would a boxing match but not commenting until I read this.
      Everything in this post could not have been better put by a modern Christian Gnostic,
      Cagsil,you and I are on opposite sides of this fence.
      Thats clear by the company we keep,However,I admire this post.
      My sincere admiration and compliments.

15. skyfire profile image78

One assumption after another, i asked why final and people point out that it is cause of scriptures that's not at all satisfactory answer but mere assumption.

16. earnestshub profile image79

Qur’an 5:72 “They are surely infidels who say; ‘God is the Christ, the Messiah, the son of Mary.”
    That is what the quoran says about christ, just as nutty as the bible! lol

The Muslims do not equate even the prophets with god.

1. earnestshub profile image79

Hi Mohit. Then why ar these verses and others in the quoran? smile

Its their philosophy they don't equate Muhammad with god as well .
          The believe god is the divine light and is formless.

I see, so he is a cool dude in the quoran, and god in the bible. smile

He is a prophet in the Quran.

17. errum fattah profile image60
    errum fattahposted 14 years ago

well, i didn't read this verse in qura'an..r u joking or making fun of Islam? c islam respects, love and care abt jesus..if v'll not agree that jesus is the prophet of Allah than v'll not go in heaven..v love him so much as v love mohommad(pbuh)..long live jesus(pbuh) long live mohommad (pbuh)

18. de'Arab profile image53
    de'Arabposted 14 years ago

Jesus was a cool dude in the Quran and in the Bible.

Did you decide to accidently miss the text from the quoran above? Or do you deny it is from the quoran, or alternatively do you just avoid things you don't like to know? smile

19. earnestshub profile image79

The above is from the quoran!

20. Rishy Rich profile image71
    Rishy Richposted 14 years ago

Ya I agree with Mohit, the verse is probably from Quran but it doesnt matter bcoz they would have said the same thing against Muhammad if he were equated with God. The Muslims claim Quran is the work of god, flawless since it is protected by Allah(God) himself. I would consider the God concept of Islam to be much more solid than christianity. The trinity nd the holy shit is just too confusing to be monotheism.

21. skyfire profile image78

Human written book flawless ?

22. earnestshub profile image79

The constant across both books is the invocation to be afraid of god and to kill others who are not afraid of god, not too much different. There are about 4000 more threats in one than the other, I cant recall which one makes the biggest number of psychotic threats, but both have thousands. smile

23. Rishy Rich profile image71

well according to Muslims, its not written by human. I think Gabriel or some other angel came to Muhammad to teach these verses (words of gos) nd Later these verses were written down in a book which are claimed as flawless. They also claim that other holy writings like bible or Rik Veda, all are distorted form of gods words. Quran is the only survived exact teachings of God, bcoz god himself protected it from the devil

I guess you're talking about muslim preachers who say those things. one preacher i know "zakir naik" who claims to know sanskrit and say that things are from rigveda are about mohammad. Me being sanskrit student for many years never got any reference of muhammad in rigveda.

rigveda is just poetic text and quran is on similar poetic lines. there is no way god or angel wastes their time with poetry. if they want to clear things up why poetry can't we write DIY or howto humanity guide ? why poetic text ?this is one point that trashes claim of those holy text from god. it is just human opinion about god and again those opinion are assumption of god's position on various things. there is no need for any god like entity to protect such books, he's got any loss if that book or it's teaching gets eroded ? No.

2. mohitmisra profile image61

Divine revelations, Holy Vedas, Bibles, Qurans.

24. Rishy Rich profile image71

smile well they also blv when the teachings will be eroded, the world will end. And Zakir Naik? he could b a role model for indian muslims but da truth is, its all abt donations nd fame thorouh peace TV. His audience is full of illiterate people and opponents r mostly weak christians of hindus. I would like to see him facing Dawkins. But I blv Dawkins has more imp work to do than wasting time with him

Ofcourse,it is waste of time arguing with him. Just imagine a guy who openly admits his support to osama laden is worth debating with dawkins ? and zakir never produced any evidence for his claims just word play and blunt talks. Besides he's very good at word manipulation,i have to agree. The way he showed to deluded people that big-bang theory is explained in quran was hilarious show lol

It especially crack me up when they start on about all the love. A more hate filled pile would be hard to find. smile

25. Rishy Rich profile image71

not only that, according to him, most scientific theories are explained in quran smile From nuclear physics to AI, everythin is written in quran (except evolution i guess smile ). But theres one interesting thing abt him, he puts atheists above other religious ppls. did u knw that?

No I did not know that. Little matter the mans a nutter anyway! smile

2. skyfire profile image78

here is one interesting point about quran. they claimed that god created humans from clay and water. and they refused to accept evolution ? i mean first single cell species aren't from water ?(not clay though). Vatican accepted evolution, but islaimic people can't don't know what stops them. they're contradicting their flawless book IMO.

Reason Zakir keeps distance with atheists is that some of the atheists in india are weak atheists more like seasonal-agnostic or you can say anti-theists so those can be easily converted if they have no access to science/logical fallacies. Many christian preachers introduced ID(intelligent design) in india to those wanna-be atheists and now those atheists are staunch ID preachers.

Seriously, it makes me laugh when any hindu/christian/islamic claims that poetic verses are scientific, i mean if any random poet mentioned about star, galaxy,medicine then his poetry can also get label for scientific text that way.

The Holy Vedas means science and it is poetry .

More like pseudo-wanna-be-science and hard to interpret poetry.

26. earnestshub profile image79

Islam is so much like other religions in some ways. Here is an example.

Qur’an 8:55 Surely the vilest of animals in Allah’s sight are those who disbelieve.

They don't think much of each other do they?
    lol

27. earnestshub profile image79

Time for some more loving and conciliatory words from the quoran. smile

Qur’an 5:37 “The (Christian) disbelievers will long to get out of the Fire, but never will they get out there from; and theirs will be an enduring torture.”

Geeze I thought they liked jesus!
    Nice! Just like the bible! lol

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought you heard. Jesus was beamed up before He was nailed to the cross. Judas Iscariot was put in His place to make sure the guilty redeemed the guilty.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
        Disappearingheadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good point, well presented.

28. earnestshub profile image79

Valerie still thinks we would all run amock without jesus.
    I don't get this, I hardly ever run amock! lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)