jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What does the Quran say about Jesus?

1. brooklyn00123 profile image61
    brooklyn00123posted 6 years ago

What does the Quran say about Jesus?

2. nscnikhil profile image54
    nscnikhilposted 6 years ago

quran never say something bad about jesus,quran also doesn't say that he is the son of god,it says that jesus is a prophet,it says that jesus ascended into heaven

3. Shahid Bukhari profile image61
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

Al Koran, invariably refers to Jesus ... The Promised Messiah ... The Christ ... Peace be Upon him ... as son, of The Blessed Virgin, Mary ... on sixteen different occasions.

That Jesus, Peace be Upon him, is a Prophet of God ... for he eats bread with his companions, and asks all humankind to Worships The One God Who hath Created us all ... That Christ, Shall be Returned towards the End Times.

4. ar.colton profile image84
    ar.coltonposted 6 years ago

Essentailly that he is a prophet. Most of the things the bible says about him minue the son of god business. Isa son of Maryam.

5. IntimatEvolution profile image79
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

I believe it also tells the story of his birth as well.  I believe it says Christ was born under a palm tree.

6. platinumOwl4 profile image77
    platinumOwl4posted 6 years ago

Whenever, a person poses a question such as this, my advice is go to a library and check out a Qur'an and read it for few days.

7. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I've had many a Muslim tell me that Islamic persons tend to love Jesus and understand his words more than the common American mass media believing idiot.

8. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 6 years ago

Jesus is mentioned about 25-28 times in the Quran. Following are some verses mentioning Jesus. If you want to see all of them let me know.

Sura 6 - Al-Anaam (MAKKA) : Verse 85
    And Zakariya and John and Jesus and Elias: all in the ranks of the Righteous:
    Translation : Eng-Yusuf Ali

Sura 33 - Al-Ahzab (MADINA) : Verse 7
    And remember We took from the Prophets their Covenant: and from thee: from Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus, the son of Mary: We took from them a solemn Covenant:

Sura 3 - Al-E-Imran (MADINA) : Verse 59
    This similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam: He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be" and he was.

Sura 5 - Al-Maeda (MADINA) : Verse 114
    Said Jesus the son of Mary: "O Allah our Lord! send us from heaven a Table set (with viands), that there may be for us? for the first and the last of us a solemn festival and a sign from Thee; and provide for our sustenance, for Thou art the best Sustainer (of our needs).

Sura 61 - As-Saff (MADINA) : Verse 6
    And remember Jesus, the son of Mary, said: "O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allah (sent) to you confirming the Law (which came) before me, and giving glad Tidings of an Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad." But when he came to them with Clear Signs they said "This is evident sorcery!"