unusual situation - google hubpages - only one hub shows

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Health Conscious profile image61
    Health Consciousposted 15 years ago

I just encountered an unusual situation.

My analytic showed a keyword referral from hubpages  .

Like usual I like to know where my standings are.

What I found.

of course hubpages.com is first

then and congratulations

uninvited writer #2

now guess where the next hub showed up

I don't know after 100 I quit looking. 

I am trying to figure out if this is something I should be concerned with or just a simple fact that a lot of blogs which happen to have information about hub pages are higher rated than hubs themselves

Any thoughts.

also had a hubpages.com

this returned hubpages.com as first

and at 250 i quit looking for hubs

2. privateye2500 profile image41
    privateye2500posted 15 years ago

It has to do with the keywords you used.

My hubs get piles of traffic from google.

Hubs get majorly good rankings with google - google owns it!

I find the exact opposite to be true ... so it has to be the keywords or...?  I don't know - something.

M/

Health Consciousposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Do you mean that google owns hub pages, I didn't know that if they do.

1. Inspirepub profile image71
        Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

No, they don't.

When you look at your Analytics stats, you can see the keywords by which each visitor came to HUBPAGES, but they did not necessarily arrive directly to your Hub. So if someone Googled trout recipes, arrived at Mark's Hub on that topic, then typed "sexy pictures indian starlets" into a HubPages search box - or just followed a link to someone's profile from a comment on Mark's Hub and then from there to a Hub on a related topic, and your Hub came up in the sidebar and they clicked ...

You get the picture. People can tool around forever inside HubPages between their "trout recipes" Google search and arriving at one of your Hubs. Then you look at Analytics and say "Trout recipes! How are people who were searching for trout recipes ending up at my sexy photo gallery? Google must have some weird fetish ..."

Jenny

Health Consciousposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh what tangled webs we weave, cool

I get it i think, 

So this means all hub pages are considered one site and no matter who's hub brings a visitor in, if they stay within hubs and get to your hub, it will show up on your analytics as being the referrer to the first visited page.

I don't know why I thought my hub was considered a separate site.

Thanks Jenny

3. privateye2500 profile image41
    privateye2500posted 15 years ago

LOL - actually - you never said you were looking with google at all!

My reading error.

You didn't say where - what - or with what.

M/

4. Health Conscious profile image61

Sorry

It was Google.

I was not thinking i had earned much on the keyword of "hubpages" or "hubpages.com" yet.

I was just surprised that so few actual hubs or profiles were actually on the search for these keywords.

I have been working on placement for years on my various sites and just thought this was an anomaly.

I also can't figure out exactly why I keep getting keywords show up on my analytics which have nothing to do with my hubs, I have noticed that I have been to and commented or left fan mail on each one that did show up.

It's too much for my little brain to figure out,  :-)
    Just wanted to share it with anyone jealous of uninvited writer :-)

5. profile image0
    MJoyceposted 15 years ago

I also noticed that when I typed hubpages at google search Uninvited Writer is no 2 most of the time, i also notice SunSeven seems to take that place for a few times...I wonder how did they get that spot?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image78
      Uninvited Writerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Funny, when I search I don't see myself listed at all smile

6. Health Conscious profile image61

I am beginning to think google is really playing with us all.

Uninvited writer

I just used a different browser which did not have a cookie or cache of hubpages and the search came up the same .  this is for "hubpages"  not " hubpages.com".
    Your profile is number 2 and is the only hub or profile in the first 100 listings. I wonder if it is regional although I can't imagine why yours would show up here and not in your region.

7. Mark Bennett profile image60
    Mark Bennettposted 15 years ago

The mind boggles.

8. topstuff profile image60
    topstuffposted 15 years ago

Usual situation...............

9. profile image0
    Popular Wealthposted 15 years ago

I was going to say just that :p

It happens with StumbleUpon too, and you can't go snooping because SU redirects you to an advertising page from analytics (very smart marketing).

I got a chuckle from your post because it reminds me of something I see quite a bit.
    When I start a new site I sometimes sign up to all of the social media sites using the title of my sites BEFORE adding much content to my site. I recommend everyone grab their domain names on all social networks in case you need them later actually.... but what happens next is funny.

What happens is that all of the social media accounts jump to the first few spots on Google for that name but the real site can't beat the social media accounts until enough traffic visits the site i'm building. It's humorous to see all of your social media accounts outrank your actual website... while it lasts.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)