Bookmarking Demons Unite!

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

OK, here is the deal - only those who bought the software called BookMarkingDemon can take part in this thread. Well, not exactly, of course, but it does not make any sense for those who do bookmarks manually - cause it will take a lot of time. If anyone wants to consider joining the club - here is my affiliate link big_smile
    <snipped-come on, Misha, of course no affiliate links in the forums!> (Maddie, please delete it if you think I gone overboard with self-promotion)

Those who want to participate have to compile the links they want others to bookmark into .txt file, host this file somewhere, and place the link to it here. Others load the file into their software and start bookmarking big_smile

Every line of the file should be of the following format:

"URL","Title","Keywords",""

like this one:

"http://ezinearticles.com/?Six-Random-Gas-Saving-Tips&id=1163859","Six Random Gas Saving Tips","gas,fuel,saving,savers,mileage",""

Now, it's not THAT easy unfortunately. Since such a method is NOT a bright white hat, rather a gray one, we have to fly under radar to avoid being penalized by search engines or banned by bookmarking sites. This makes the things a little bit more complex.
    First, a single file should not have too many lines in it. I would say 5 is the good maximum number.
    Second, you should not process more than a single file in one run.
    Third, you should not process more than a couple of files during a single day, and you have to run them several hours apart.
    Fourth, you are not obliged to run every file. In fact, you should not run every file. Invent your own system to pick the files you run.
    Fifth, don't forget to bookmark your own links, too wink

Rules are open for discussion smile

2. stephhicks68 profile image88
    stephhicks68posted 15 years ago

Misha - this looks very promising. I will have to read when I am not on pain meds for my shoulder... LOL (i.e. tomorrow).  Thanks for posting/sharing and I hope it is still here tomorrow.  Steph

3. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

The approach I was told to take with the legit social sites was to mix 1 of my links with 5 or so legit sites e.g. hubpages/squidoo/whatever  I only use 1 login per a run but  I do quit a long list of links (last 1 ran for 24 hours ROTFL)
    The easiest way to get the correct format is to add some urls and save as XML then open up the XML file in notepad and add other links in the same format
    Keeping the files posted here to a max of 5 lines is a good idea because then for each file u add one link of your own!

When  Iget home  I will put together some files!

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

OK, I got a better idea. Screw bookmark demon! big_smile

Most of us bookmark to delicious among other sites. Delicious has backup/restore or export/import feature. When you backup/export, you create a special format file on your local hard drive that holds all your bookmarks. You can later restore it to your account - or TO ANY OTHER ACCOUNT. More, most of other bookmarking sites take files in this format, too!

That means you don't have to buy this fairly expensive piece of software to participate in bookmarks exchange! Just to give it a start, here is my current delicious backup: http://www.funandsafedriving.com/files/ … Misha.html . Right click on it, download, and add to your bookmarks if you wish. I will do the same for you!

To get to import/export you need to choose settings, and then you'll see it under bookmarks header.

5. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

No takers? Talking about group effort and synergy sad

1. Inspirepub profile image73
      Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That Site disabled my account and I have not yet forgiven them. Bastards.

Jenny

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Want to buy a "I had my delicious account banned" T shirt?

2. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Most of other social bookmarking sites take those files, too. Get busy smile

1. SunSeven profile image63
          SunSevenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

What a waste of time! smile

1. Misha profile image63

I don't think it is smile

All the best to you Mishkeen smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image57

LOL

Done, this is mine:

http://pursenickety.com/wp-content/uplo … marks.html

Sorry I didn't respond, I had no idea what you were talking about so I had to work out what to do lol

As you may have guessed, I don't do a lot of this sort of stuff. It gets in the way of the writing big_smile

HA! Ha! Ha! I caught you! smile

* hangs his head in shame *

I'll never make an internet marketer at this rate big_smile

Hugs Mark to comfort him smile

2. Misha profile image63

Mark, I just loaded yours.
        It appears there is one more step to this, though.
        In delicious, when bookmarks are loaded, they are marked private by default - so I had to go through every single one of them and mark them shared. It's a bit of work to do - but it does not make any sense without it. I guess this is one of their methods of spam defense smile

Me, a spammer?

Good grief! I have just looked at yours. You have 41 pages of them. Can't you do them all at the same time? lol

I will go through them as I get the chance. smile

2. vietnamese profile image67
          vietnameseposted 15 years agoin reply to this

So, is this mean it's not good to do it? I meant it's too much time consuming?

6. Shirley Anderson profile image70
    Shirley Andersonposted 15 years ago

It's not that it doesn't sound wonderful, Misha....I just don't have a clue what you're talking about.  I'm challenged in these sorts of areas.

7. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

Sorry Misha - I forgot - put it on my 2 do list tonight!

8. Eileen Hughes profile image62
    Eileen Hughesposted 15 years ago

Sorry I am a bit slow at understanding too  so cannot help you

9. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Thank you smile

I am sorry if I misspelled your name this time. It has another meaning in Arabic. I hope you are not offended. smile

Warm Regards

1. SweetiePie profile image81
        SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Wow that is neat you speak Arabic, not to go off topic.

2. vietnamese profile image67
        vietnameseposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I wonder if Misha got this already? heheehehehee

10. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Come on SunSeven, I know you are a nice creature smile And you got me curious - what is the meaning you mentioned?

11. SunSeven profile image63
    SunSevenposted 15 years ago

Come on my cuddly bear, I know you have already done the search. I am sure you can find it out by yourself.

Once again, I am sorry. smile

Warm Regards

12. vietnamese profile image67
    vietnameseposted 15 years ago

Misha, if you're reading this: Is BM compatible with MAC? I don't think it is but I just have to ask!

13. vietnamese profile image67
    vietnameseposted 15 years ago

I guess no one here know if Bookmarking Demon is compatible with MAC huh?

14. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Vietnamese,
    Since I never ever used Mac, I have no idea. On the site you have the following text:

System requirement:
    Windows XP and Microsoft .Net Framework v3.0
    You can download framework from here

BMD does not work on 64 bit OS!
    Not all Vista machines are fully compatible with BMD.

Which does not make me too optimistic about working on Mac possibility. I did not find their helpdesk (my main computer is down and I don't have access to the soft right now), so the only other option I can point you to is developer's blog - http://edwinsoft.com/. Try to post a comment there, you may get an authoritative response. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)