Ha! It's almost 0 degrees

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (31 posts)
  1. profile image0
    blatvaposted 14 years ago

And im in shorts ^^  Take that Cold Indiana Weather! I'ma Californian O:<

How cold is it where you are?

1. DogSiDaed profile image61
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's about -5 at the moment, getting colder...

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do not have dual citizenship like you!  ha
      I'm in Indiana and yeah it's way below freezing.
      Several inches of snow;  beautiful stuff but nasty on the roads.
      Hibernating with hubby and kitty cats.
      We can't all be California girls.  haha

2. Betty Reid profile image60
    Betty Reidposted 14 years ago

Here in Austin it was in the low 20's last night.  I think it will be quite cold again tonight.

1. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Same for Palominas, Arizona.

3. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Eh, about 20 here in Maine.

4. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Ehhh, it is cold enough to freeze cat whiskers on a witches broom.

5. jenblacksheep profile image69
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

I read today that the weather in England has been as cold as the South Pole!!! Don't think where I live has been one of them, ONLY been about -3 here. Some places have been -20s though!!!

6. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

That sounds like North Dakota weather.

7. dyesebel10 profile image64
    dyesebel10posted 14 years ago

forecast is 17 here in Maryland

8. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

43 and going down... fireplace will be going this weekend.

not so sunny florida weather. hmm

9. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 14 years ago

-17 here supposed to get colder than the south pole over night a staggering -22  putting my beer outside overnight for a real cool one.....jimmy

1. Katelyn Weel profile image91
      Katelyn Weelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where is that?

It's -17 here in Ontario as well, -20 with the damned wind chill OMG i love my furnace.

1. DogSiDaed profile image61
        DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As he's jimmythejock I'd guess Scotland. I've seen the Scottish weather forecast and it does look bloody cold :S

Edit: definitely Scotland

10. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

Here in Michigan it's 20 and with the wind chill feels like 9 above! We have about 5 inches of snow on the ground too....

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey K, new avatar, GOOD hehe, its 20 plus here, nos snow, but cold BRRR

1. K Partin profile image60
        K Partinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi PDH, yeah the new me! smile Like yours too....

2. Princessa profile image81
        Princessaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

20... that sounds blissful.
        We are blattling here to get over minus temperatures sad still, at least the  fields look lovely with their white blanket of snow.

11. rebekahELLE profile image85

brrrrr, I can't imagine how those temperatures feel!! I've been here too long... stay warm hubbers.

12. jenblacksheep profile image69
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

I'm soooo cold right now. I'm lying in bed, admittedly in shorts and a t-shirt which probably isnt the smartest choice. But sooo cold. The radiator in my room is broken, and im sure it's just stuck on vaguely tepid. Brrrrrr!!

1. profile image0
      Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

A warm blanket maybe? Or a few of 'em? big_smile

1. jenblacksheep profile image69
        jenblacksheepposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A woolen one perhaps?

How could I forget about my blanket. I have the most amazing one. It's massive and multi-coloured and actually in my room so I don't have to go far to get it.

13. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Electric ones are great too.

1. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you have electricity.

14. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 14 years ago

Kentucky is at 14 degrees as I write,and I'm in the "warm" part of the state!
    Three layers of clothing,two hats, thick socks, a scarf over the face and two pair of gloves, and I'm still cold!
    My electric blanket is getting used.smile

15. maudine_05 profile image61
    maudine_05posted 14 years ago

Yesterday classes were suspended due to the weather forecasted to  "snow storm". Since it seldom happen in Mississippi, this part of the country is not prepared, but guess what? today there were ice on the edges of creeks but no snow storm arrived.

16. elayne001 profile image78
    elayne001posted 14 years ago

You all need to come to Hawaii. It is in the 70s today with soft breezes blowing. I even have my a/c on.

1. Katelyn Weel profile image91
      Katelyn Weelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're MEAN! tongue

17. rebekahELLE profile image85

o.k. where's the ugg boots lady...
    feels like 31 here with the sun shining, or sort of shining.. hmm

18. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 14 years ago

It's 22 degrees!!!! This after weeks of -20 to -40, and then it got all the way up to 42...the negative temps were last week, 42 a couple days ago, and this 22 still practically feels like summer, even my puppy has been really happy to get out walking in this heat wave smile. Temps are supposed to stay high at least another week...this is still better than last year, where there were quite a few weeks of temps up to 60 during the day, plummeting to -10 a couple hours after sundown...swings like that are a lot harder to deal with than bitter cold that sets in and stays.

19. spiderspun profile image60
    spiderspunposted 14 years ago

how cold is it

Man it is cold here in Ontario Canada. Temp tonight is -15 celsius tha is about 5 degrees fahrenheit. To survive these temps I climatize myself in the fall by still wearing shorts and Ts outside or wearing a lighter coat for colder drops. Even today when I was out at the barn I just wore short sleeves for the half hour working. As long as it is not a wind chill going on I dress light.
    I find I adapt better in colder severe tempertures - I never ever get cold or flu, and I guess I must be getting some Ds from the sun with more skin exposure.
    there ya go
    spiderspun

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)