when you were a kid

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)
  1. greeneyesH1982 profile image59
    greeneyesH1982posted 14 years ago

tell of something you lied to your parents about that they still to this day do not know the truth! and have you ever thought about telling them? also what was one of the worst things you did as a child? LOL

2. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I was never much for lying, beyond the odd fib about where I'd been. But the worst thing I ever did was find all my Christmas presents one year, unwrap them, glory over them - then re-wrap them, keeping my mouth firmly shut as to what I'd done.

Christmas Day was awful. Truly awful. I never did it again and to this day, I love love love surprises smile

greeneyesH1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lmao SHAME ON YOU!!! hah i think we all done that though... well most of us.. only i didnt unwrap all of them i just unwrapped an end because a friend showed me how and then retaped it after i seen the side of the box lol... then i felt really bad lol

3. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

The only things I can remember lying about are the things I was caught lying about.  Doesn't mean I didn't tell others but none that I recall.  smile

Worst thing I did as a child?  That would probably be tricking my sister into smelling my feet, and then laughing so hard I kicked her in the face.  sad

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol HAHAHA!!!!!! The funniest thing ive read all day!!!
      the dumb thing i did when i was a dumb kid....sneaked to the country store, and bought Big League gum. It was forbidden, cuz it was supposed to look like chewing tobacco. My parents thought eating that gum would make me 'graduate' to chew....thing is Id allready tried it. YUCK...I just wanted gum. Sooo, I went to the store, and spent my silver dollar..  sad  still kick myself, now. It would be worth thousands today.

4. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

I lied that I did not put my sister's head through the wall. They did not believe me sadly as the impression of her nose and chin were there. I still to this day don't know how it came about, but I'm quite sure she jammed my toe in the door.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

i never lied to my parents. the worst thing i ever did was probably run away from home at 14. it was only to my girlfriend's house and only for one night. she ditched me though to sneak out and meet this older guy and have sex. she told me not to tell anyone and i never did...

1. blondepoet profile image66
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow I ran away too. I told my parents I neve ran away I was chased by a stranger.

greeneyesH1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. profile image0
          cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it was right after my father died. my mom went berserk and started venting on me, beating me with an oleander branch, to the point where it broke and i was lying on the floor and she still kept beating me. i was covered with welts and when my sisters saw them the next day she goes "i don't know how they got there" roll

crazy beyotch. i forgave her though. if my sisters hadn't come and got me, my girlfriend and i were going to run off to California with that older guy. i wonder how my life would have been different. hmm...

1. blondepoet profile image66
            blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Cosette that just put a lump in my throat I am so sorry to hear that happened as it reminds me of my own childhood too. That sort of thing is really hard to grasp.

5. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 14 years ago

After I moved out of the house, my sister and I told my mom all of the horrible little things we used to do...there are no secrets now! For years my mom thought I was making up excuses or just trying to get my sister in trouble for different things, and now my sister told Mom that I was telling the truth and she really DID do those things. Her favorite thing was to constantly pinch me until I'd hit her and then get in trouble for hitting, but if I just told Mom about the pinching I'd get in trouble for fibbing.

Actually...one thing I'm not sure if she knows about or not, but I think I did tell her. We lived in a town of 600 people when I was in middle school and my best friend had a room in a walk-in basement, and my room was right by the back door. She'd come over around midnight and we'd both go off and ride bikes (with headlights), jump in the creek and run until we were dry, or just put our shoes on our heads and walk down the center line of the main road in town. Ah, childhood memories wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)