Will December 21, 2012 be just another day?

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (107 posts)
  1. globalserenity profile image60
    globalserenityposted 14 years ago

So I have actually been overly curious about this topic for several years, but as the date draws nearer I'm noticing more coverage and research into the topic. I really hate to think that I only have two more years to prove myself to the world, especially since I only recently decided to begin living my life for me. I'm not sure if what I need is assurance or if I simply wish to discuss this issue. All I know is on the given date above we have a whacked out planetary alignment due to us and that many believe this will result in a polar shift. I ask you now, what do you think about this subject? Could the Mayans have been wrong? Or is it our view of their ancient beliefs that are incorrect? Discuss among yourselves.

1. nikki1 profile image59
      nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I only hope nothing happens, if anything happens it maybe possibly weather related. Such as sever storms,. Hopeful nothing serious. Possibly like global warming effect, if possible. The universe will most likely create weather conditions/.

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

can you imagine if there is a severe storm somewhere on that day? people will go all crazy yikes

globalserenityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh geez...you know they will!

2. nikki1 profile image59

My friend, I'm afraid this may affect all of us, in some sort of way. I have no doubt. My god be with all of us sad. I only hope for the best. The more we all know the better. Beings the world is shifting.. the weather will no doubt go possibly reverse. Or give or take. There was a movie about the weather going nuts I forget the title. I am praying for everyones safety sad. Frienz4lif, hi cosette.

2. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

2012 will be just another day like y2k was

3. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not if its a Saturday.  I'll have to cut grass and I hate that.

Seriously?  Please, the Mayans could see so far into the future and were so wise in the ways of astrology and chronology they didn't even see their own demise coming.  We're expected to worry about it?

4. JBeadle profile image81
      JBeadleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It will probably be a bit like the year 2000 when the end was also near and combined with the fears that all the computers were going to crash.  The world didn't end and the effect on computers was minimal.  That said, the world is facing a lot of issues but we all have a huge desire to survive so I imagine we will cope and deal with conditions as they arise... as we always do.  The fear thing is the problem... MEDIA loves fear, NEWS loves fear, POLITICIAN love fear - fear is used in many ways and probably none of them productive.  I don't do fear.  I do deal with it.  Bad stuff is going to happen... no way around that.  But that is the way of the world.  Lastly, there is so much going on to deal with - I feel like it is a waste of all our energy to be afraid of stuff that hasn't happened.  I'm getting sick of hearing the phrase "It isn't a matter of *if* it is a matter of *when*." Even when that when isn't for 600,000 years and at about .0000001% of happening in ones lifetime.  Like Yellowstone exploding.  We need to stop eating fear.  It just creates anxiety.

I completely agree. But when you think of all the people in our society that have been actually diagnosed with anxiety and depression, the idea begins to surface that human beings might be a bit, addicted to it all. The whole idea that we can't stand it when something bad happens...when deep down in side we are, on a majority, addicted to these tragedies that occur and are broadcast on the evening news.

I completely agree with being annoyed with people constantly saying, "its not if, its when.." We all need to wake up and realize just how much energy is wasted on anticipation. I'm no Saint though, I worry tons more than I should about things I have no control over. I'm working on it though smile

5. profile image0
      SquigglesMcBeeBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

no. i'm's scared. I ams hoarding carrwots as we speak...

6. DogSiDaed profile image59
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Mayans didn't do so well though did they? Why are they some sort of great authority?

Also, we are soon due for a change of the magnetic field, but it isn't instantaneous, and is gradual in its weakening and more rapidly recovering. We may become more vulnerable to solar radiation and such should this event occur, but there is no specific date set for it.

More info here:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_reversal

I don't think it's just about the Mayans anymore though. The idea now is that there were many cultures that seemed to have 0 relationship with each other, that seemed to hold a common outlook on things to come. And of course that raises the realization of how truly advanced they all were for what they had available to them.

And yes, there is definitely some proven scientific data out there now, regarding events in space and such, that are due around the time the Mayan calendar supposedly "ends". So if anything it doesn't hurt to wonder and explore eh?

Thank you for the link by the way *smile*

1. JBeadle profile image81

Many cultures who star gazed were able to predict an alignment of stars or whatever they thought the lights in the sky were.  It isn't coincidence, it is a bunch of different peoples using simple observation methods to come up with similar conclusions.  The human brain now is the same as it was 10,000 years ago - we just have more recorded history and cool gadgets.  This "so many cultures predict the same thing" from shows that fail to mention the simple explanation are selling fear - because fear sells.  Big time.  Nothing more.  My mother in law has thought the end is near because of major earthquakes.  See!!! She says whenever an earthquake happens.  Except she doesn't realize that the earth has 100's of earthquakes a day.  It's all normal.  The earth is a dynamic structure.  It is a think crust floating on molten lava and is shifting and drifting.  This 2012 thing is garbage.  Over population and climatic changes are real pressures but they are not support for the Mayans or Egyptians or Chinese or any other culture who was up on their astronomy.  End of story.

Good points indeed. And I certainly hope that this type of information can help calm whatever fears I or others might have.

It's just nice to have more people pushing for this idea than the latter. Everyone in my life lately just seems to damn negative.

If I continue to allow them to effect me on a personal level, I might continue to feel as though I'm running in place in my life.

I have a tendency to think sometimes, "What's the point in trying to change NOW, if it's all just going to be over soon?". That kind of thinking only leaves me buried beneath the cement that I myself have piled up around my legs over the last few years. All observation, contemplation, regret...No Action.

7. tobey100 profile image60

Won't be for me.  I plan on being in Hawaii, sitting on a rock at the edge of the sea naked, waiting for the end.  If it doesn't come....boy am I gonna be embarrassed!!

2. jfreemon profile image60
    jfreemonposted 14 years ago

I'm glad I've gotten the opportunity to post this before anyone else, but 12-21-2012 was never predicted as the end of the world. It was a miscalculation that someone made according to the Mayan Calender and is therefore not the "last date" on it.

Regardless, it's supposed to be a day that "a great change comes."

As far as my beliefs? It depends. If enough people believe in it, it just might happen. I for one... Well, I actually do hope something happens.

Well, I'm glad you posted that the date was inaccurate smile Somehow that doesn't surprise me.

I do hold a bit of belief in the idea that as a whole when we believe in something on a mass scale, we may have more power than we know. Honestly, I hope "something" happens as well, just that its going to take something HUGE to get people out of their aimless strolling through life. I suppose if something big happens, it may very well force the human race to change its ways once and for all.

3. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

It's wrong. I am of the understanding the world is going thru a change and is dawning a new way of thinking. More productive than ever before. How accepting society is going to be to it? Is another story entirely. smile

But, December 21, 2012 will be just another day of the year. smile

I agree in a  sense with this too. The world is most definitely going through a change on many levels. I think the change begins with us as a people rather than anything a particular government could achieve. Its a shame we tend to forget how little of our brains are actually used, yet no one seems to be curious as to why that is or what is missing! I think we have yet to truly understand just how powerful we can be together. smile

1. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is nothing more powerful than the unity of the human race, as a civilization. It's the way of thinking that needs to be addressed. Certain truths need to be revealed, so as to let people in on the best quality of life possible. The potential is limitless, as is our knowledge and understanding of our existence.

I'm of the understanding that people needed to seek out and learn more about their own individual potential, instead of plopped in front of a tv or computer. There is a better way of life, where everyone can excel and not be a disruption to others.

That actually touches base on the Hub I just created on people's need to escape reality nowadays. I completely agree, the question is how on earth do we help ourselves as a whole create the change we so need sad

Well, I think you are possibly looking at it from the "wrong" angle. Only knowledge and wisdom(understanding) can anything change. We, as a society, need to realize, accept and move forward, with only truth as our guide. smile

I most certainly agree with this statement, the question though still lies, how do we come together? The last time I feel this happened in mass numbers and simply wasted away was during Vietnam with the Hippy era. I obviously didn't live then but in a sense I still feel that during this time a large number of humans found out how to use music(and drugs strangely enough) to rise up and join together in a positive way. Where did it go? We need that again I feel....with or without the drugs of course, whatever you're into =P

2. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree we need to see what we have in our future. A site called http://www.bltc.com/ is on the right track, and Lawrence Krauss is also a great source of new scientific discovery.

Ernest thank you for this link! Seems they are most definitely on the right track.

1. earnestshub profile image80
            earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. The BBC science show is another great source. smile
            It takes a couple of years to read the BLTC site! I have known the operative David Pearce for many years, one very bright Englishman, and a lovely man to boot! smile

Yes the site is pretty in depth, I bookmarked it so I can read some of it here and there. I'm just glad that there are focused individuals out there trying to lead people into a better future smile

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Yes, it will be a day like any other day. Except for the endless hype of fear mongers, religious zealots, and exploitive cable news stations.

lol lol

2. globalserenity profile image60

Yes I'm afraid that is always something of a problem in our society, all the hype from different angles clouding the truth, or even simply the discovery of truth.

5. nikki1 profile image59
    nikki1posted 14 years ago

Its shocking that the weather channels haven't done a segment on this. They should know more about this in my opinion.
    Frienz4lif

Yes but wouldn't it be unfortunate if we later learned they know more than they are letting on? As if to avoid mass Panic?

I disagree.. if they know something, they need to inform the world.  So we can do what we all need to do. This is outrageous, in my opinion. Hi globalserenity.

Oh don't get me wrong, if they know something, they should DEFINITELY let everyone know, I mean who are they to withhold such information ya know?

I'm only saying it would be unfortunate for everyone to find out that were the case. It would, in a sense be a good thing of course, then people could take their own lives back as they realize their individual power and potential...

Everything in a sense would change smile It would be a turning point none the less. Still an unfortunate day, to realize you're being lied to. But this wasn't supposed to take a conspiracy turn, not sure how that happened, sorry guys, =/

6. elayne001 profile image79
    elayne001posted 14 years ago

I hope we are still here by then. B-)

Me too my friend.....me too sad

7. marcel285 profile image64
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

The world is not going to end in 2012. I'm more worried about being abducted by grey aliens.

OOooOOooOOOoo yea, the Grey ones are the worst =/

1. marcel285 profile image64
        marcel285posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Um well, cmon..if you think the world is going to end in 2012..whom are you to say whats ludacris..Iwas just making an example lol

In all honestly? No...I don't deep down inside, feel with every bit of my heart and soul that the world will end that day, or even that year. Its just that tiny little doubt monster, that curiosity gremlin that gives me the urge to at least, discuss it with people smile

2. nextstopjupiter profile image60
        nextstopjupiterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, the grey ones are not coming but the pink ones, and they will teach us stupid earthlings a lesson: to leave the negative thinking behind and to start to think in a positive way to build a better future on this spaceship Earth.

Well, it seems the "pink ones" and I will get along just fine! big_smile

8. double_frick profile image62
    double_frickposted 14 years ago

i anxiously await the new beginning i've been 'promised' haha seriously though, i really think a lot of people are unhappy with their lives and the world so its comforting to latch onto some future date which promises change, for better or worse, change is change. look at obama. lol
    i do hope for a "new beginning" in my wildest dreams the "good" world and the "bad" world diverge where those on the "good" world experience the golden age and those on the "bad" world perpetuate their negativity amongst themselves. big dreams, however delusional they may be to some people, gets me by.
    i do feel that there are changes socially and environmentally that would indicate a possible change is coming, but i've come to understand that whatever one wishes to believe can be verified by some proof, however circumstantial.

honestly, i will admit that i don't really know what will happen, only what i want to happen.
    no one knows what will happen, anyone who offers their opinion as anything more is a fool, imho.

Of course if anyone offers their opinion as anything more, I'm sure we'll be able to differentiate on our own between an actual truth and their opinion. I feel its silly in any situation to claim that you know what you couldn't possibly know, but at the very least, I suppose it would spice things up eh? big_smile      jk...

9. Alessia Amnesia profile image60
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years ago

According to modern-day Mayans, the Mayan Calendar was never meant to predict anything other than the solstices and equinoxes. It does, however, make a nice piece of art.

Ya know that's one thing I hadn't considered surprisingly enough, searching for actual comments on the topic from modern Mayans.....hmm.....odd that I don't feel I've seen anything on that. And a nice piece of art it does make indeed smile

10. wychic profile image85
    wychicposted 14 years ago

No, it won't be just another day, it'll be my son's 7th birthday big_smile.

However, for the rest of the world...yes, I think it will be just another day.

big_smile

11. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

December 21 2012 will be the winter Solstice the Sun will rise in Aquarius. It will be the beginning of a new age. The Mayans were very good with astronomy and are very correct that 2012 will be the dawning of the age of Aquarius.  Now let's hold hands and sing.

BTW If the Mayans could foresee the end of the world you think they would have known the Spanish were coming to annihilate their civilization.

1. Pearldiver profile image68
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You've gotta be joking yikes
      ..... Age of Aquarius... You Mean they are re-releasing the musical 'Hair' again? hmm

There is an End of The World Party at Randy Godwin's place the night before.... tickets are available via his site.
      But Please: Drinks are free.. But Bring Your Own Fate! smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL

2. readytoescape profile image60
      readytoescapeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think they just chose to small a stone to chisel.

3. globalserenity profile image60

That point shows promise!   And I'm an Aquarius, soooooo that damn "Hair" song has always been like a personal theme song in a way =P

4. Arthur Fontes profile image74
      Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thy sky is divided into twelve sections the zodiak it is not an astrology thing it is an astronomy phenomona on 12/21/2012 when the sun rises it will rise in the area of the sky held by the aquarius constellation.  It takes thousands of years to go through an age.
      http://www.crawford2000.co.uk/maya.htm

The idea that the two seemingly separate entities of astrology and astronomy have always been based on the same concepts has always intrigued me. Thanks for the link btw smile

12. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

In all honesty I expect to be particularly sarcastic on that day, which will be just a mild change from any other December day. As to the prognostication should “that” day arrive, like most hump days, I think I shall just skip it and go directly to Thursday.

Hahaha

13. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I am with the firm belief that each day is what one makes of it. Each day is new and if happy is held with open arms with love's warm embrace...well, life can be so much better. This forthcoming day is of no consequence to me as yet, I live today.

14. ohkennyabi profile image78
    ohkennyabiposted 14 years ago

It will be a normal day, guess we will be too busy to notice it too as it is 4 days before Christmas.

15. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Dec 21 2012 will not be that diffrent than the day before or after it. I do believe however that there is a change already in progress that brings us closer to our final outcome.
        It is almost like we are watching dozens of trains approaching the same intersection at the same time.
        Maybe we can get their attention and apply the breaks.
    And maybe not.

Love the analogy smile

16. profile image0

How many times of religious fanatics said the end of times is coming, given a specific date and been wrong? This is just a smooth way of seeking converts.

So true, creating hype seems to be an addiction in a way, and yes, they've done it numerous times before. look at Y2K!

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Y2k was very different. There was a precise problem that needed to be fixed. Because of the diligent work of so many people for years who fixed inadequate computer coding that didn't know how to deal with the change of a millenium - we averted a potentially large crisis.

The 2012 hype has no basis in fact at any level. I was thinking more of religious zealots like Hal Lindsey who have numerous times called for the end of the earth. There was no basis in fact for that as well. Why people choose to put more faith in ancient civilization and romaticize lost culture that respect today's advances baffles me. If I had time I would write a hub on past predictions of the end of the earth from people like Lindsey and his cohorts.

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree, the two events in time are hardly comparable, only really by the nature with which people reacted to hearing the news. I know in my immediate circle of counterparts there were many so called predictions of what might happen, all of them seemed to be a worst possible scenario. Almost as if that's what my acquaintances were craving. All of the reports on the news of people buying out grocery stores of water and canned goods, creating underground bunkers and such...fascinating really. All I did was party my ass off and it was a party I'll never forget. For that I say "Thank you Y2K!" big_smile

17. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Yes it will be the same as other days, fascinating debate in the religious forums here at hubpages, taxes rising and rich people selling crap!

Yea I wasn't really sure where to place this thread initially to be honest, but I would think its more along the lines of where it eventually found its home than that of either rich people selling crap OR taxes rising, hehe

18. profile image0
    Royal Diademposted 14 years ago

Amen Brother Jerami you are on it.

19. Wayne Orvisburg profile image61
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 14 years ago

What if it was a situation of thinking it's going to happen so people create it? I doubt if the day will be any more or less violent than any other day, BUT if enough people really believed it, what would that cause?

Yes someone brought up that point earlier in the thread. The idea of a mass hysteria manifesting into actual events is definitely concerning to say the least, and I believe it just might be possible indeed.

20. K Partin profile image61
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

Just another day like Y2K! lol

hey K, morning, thanks

1. K Partin profile image61
        K Partinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Morning Maita, How's it going? smile

good so far K, Thanks K for reading my hub, how about you

but I dont like to think of days in 2012 in advcance we are in for harder times, but life must go on, and we should stay happy

1. K Partin profile image61
            K Partinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome!

Right on smile  I'm not much for dwelling, I'm only curious and discussion on deep topics tends to exhilarate me, I'm a conversation junkie,what can I say smile

21. Jerami profile image58

Sometimes the truth is as obvious as the umbrella in our hand and yet we do not see it.

I have to go to work in a few minutes, wish I could stay and see where this conversation is going.

We do not have to see the simple answer to a simple question  with technical difficulty

I like that you are enjoying the topic..I was pretty sure it would spark some interest from different angles smile

and yes, I feel the truth is always extremely obvious, almost sad how close we always are to it....not sure why I feel that way, its just something you....feel....I suppose =/

22. Elven  Hottie profile image60
    Elven Hottieposted 14 years ago

Personally, I intend to go to an "end of the world" party and have some fun, other than that, I will treat it the same way I treat every other day (I could die today for all I know)... each day is precious.

Damn straight! working in a hospital for like....well my entire adult life pretty much, I learned what we all...truly....should already know. And that is that you just never know.

And don't get me wrong, I plan to party hard with the best of em....even planning on making the entire year leading up to that all about spiritual discovery, and focusing on just simply having a freakin blast!

23. Arthur Fontes profile image74

The Great Cycle, lasting 1,872,000 days and equivalent to 5,125.36 years, is but one fifth of the Great Great Cycle, known scientifically as the Great Year or the Platonic Year - the length of the precession of the equinoxes. To use a metaphor from the modern industrial world, on Winter Solstice CE (Common Era) 2012 it is as if the Giant Odometer of Humanity on Earth hits 100,000 miles and all the cycles big and small turn over to begin anew. The present world age will end and a new world age will begin.  (I clipped this from the link I provided)

24. Jerami profile image58

Out with the old and in with the new; what ever that intails?  How is that going to work?
    I don't think that the OLD system is going to like it very much,

1. Arthur Fontes profile image74

It is an astronomical and mathematical truth.  It means nothing except what it is. .

The proverbial "they" certainly won't like it, that you can bet on. Its funny that the one thing that remains the same is change itself, yet it seems to be the one thing that drives people insane...any change to our current, out-dated way of doing things can't be all bad I feel.

25. motricio profile image67
    motricioposted 14 years ago

mmm I think we will need to wait!

26. motricio profile image67
    motricioposted 14 years ago

Cosmic year ending prediction is said to be in that date,
    Therefor, if many ancient cultures agree in that point; there should be something really awesome awaiting!
    cool

Im excited!

1. motricio profile image67
        motricioposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How much?

It our world is ending.. that shouldn't be exciting. Or etc. This sounds horrible. I do not want the world to end. Nor anyone to die.  This is really a horrible way to die, hi motricio. Frienz4lif

1. JBeadle profile image81

What everyone is really talking about is human extinction.  The world and something has proven it will survive... and if there is something catastrophic - all life will not end.  It will rebuild.  It is how this place works.  The Mayan thing is crap, though.  As is the alignments.  These alignments happen all the time and the net effect gravitationally speaking is nil.  Mankind will fall to mankind or disease or a comet - not to a gravitational alignment.  To fear this stuff is wasted energy.  If it is going to happen, it is going to happen.  Why fret?

uuuumm...... [____________], like that much?

27. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

This will be just another day. Nothing to fear. smile

28. profile image0

You guys who are still comparing 2012 to Y2K are driving me crazy.

You should be comparing 2012 to the "dawning of the age of aquarious" or other biblical prophesies, or other New Age drivel.

Y2K required hundreds of millions of dollars of upgrades to preclude any problems. The fact that you didn't have to deal with this and that the upgrades worked doesn't mean that the problems wasn't real. Yes, there was media hype, but that doesn't mean the issue wasn't true. That it is possible to solve problems before they become unmanageable, doesn't mean that the problem didn't exist in the first place.

29. nikki1 profile image59
    nikki1posted 14 years ago

Hi one and all, I just emailed www.weatherchannel.com a few minutes ago. To ask them what will happen on 2012. I also asked them to make a "special report" on this matter to inform us what we are to do.
    Frienz4lif

Nice Initiative! big_smile

big_smile

30. Arthur Fontes profile image74

The only significant thing that is going to happen on 12/21/2012 is the sunrise.  It has been thousands of years since it rose in the part of the sky held by the constellation Aquarius..  The Mayans studied the sky and could predict the exact position of the sun thousands of years ago.

The prediction is correct but misinterpreted.

The Mayans would call it the end of an age not the world.  The story has been twisted out of proportion.  It is like a car's odometer rolling over 100,000 it does not mean the end of your car you just have to start at one again.

We do it every year this is just on a much larger scale.

And that is how I feel as well, regardless of my occasional doubts. smile

1. Arthur Fontes profile image74

The only thing I think could bring about the destruction of the planet in 2012 is the reelection of Barrack Obama.  LOL

31. roughtide profile image61
    roughtideposted 14 years ago

I'm glad this was brought up, if only for the lively discussion. I have watched many shows about the Mayan calendar, and I have always wondered the same as mentioned earlier-if they were intending to predict the end of the world so to speak, why didn't they see their own coming... Personally, I have always thought that it was kind of like when man invented the wheel. Yes it was a great invention for them, and showed a great grasp of their "time" as they understood it, but just because the clock only went to a certain date, didn't mean they didn't intend to build a new one when the first one was no longer effective. Kind of like needing to rewind a grandfather clock after a period of time. There may indeed be a "new age" coming, but I don't think it is going to be controlled by astrology or astronomy. I feel it will be because of a slow shift in humanity from hopefully all of the negativity and useless killing that goes on every day all over the world. Hopefully, we will as a whole, become more enlightened and tolerant, and begin to use the huge part of our brains that is indeed wasted everyday. Someone mentioned this earlier, and I agree with them. Sure, it is an intriguing thought to ponder, that an ancient civilization could possibly predict the end of the world, but personally, I think people's interpretations later on as time has gone by that have caused much more to be read  into this clock than was originally intended by it's creators. From what I understand of it, it was used primarily for marking summer and winter soltices, for perhaps marking certain feast and gathering times for rituals for fertility of crops, etc.

I really don't get the idea, after watching a LOT of documentaries, etc. about this clock, that it was mean't for any other purpose than the ones I have mentioned. If I am wrong, then so be it, but that is just my honest opinion about the whole thing.

Besides, wasn't it Oral Roberts or Jerry Falwell that kept insisting the world was ending a few years ago, but if people would send in their money, it might make it not happen, lol!

32. globalserenity profile image60
    globalserenityposted 14 years ago

Roughtide, hello and thank you for joining this discussion. It seems you and I are on the same page, which is to say, I agree with you immensely smile

33. OregonWino profile image61
    OregonWinoposted 14 years ago

Yeah, it is going to be just another day.  People are always looking for some master plan, whether it is positive or negative.

34. guidebaba profile image57
    guidebabaposted 14 years ago

http://www.newuniverse.co.uk/Kepler27s-equation-scheme.png

The above formula says it is going to be just another day.

very cool smile

Now could you explain what some of those variables represent?
      ya know, just for fun big_smile

35. Marquis profile image64
    Marquisposted 14 years ago

Yes it will. I also remember 1 - 1 - 2000. Everything went along. No end of the world either. I bet the people in 1000 AD thought the end of the world was coming. Well, they recieved a rude awakening.

Life went on.

36. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 14 years ago

Another day, another dollar...I hope.

1. tobey100 profile image60

OK, I changed my mind.  I'm with lorlie6, I'll take another dollar!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)