jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you think the world will end on December 21 2012?

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image77
    crazyhorsesghostposted 6 years ago

Do you think the world will end on December 21 2012?

If so please explain why. Have you joined the doomsday preppers and started preparing for the end of the world as we know it. Don't you think all this end of the world talk is just a lot of hype and that the sun will come up on December 23 just like it always has.

2. scottcgruber profile image81
    scottcgruberposted 6 years ago

Nope. The December 21 hoax is nothing but a very profitable scheme for writers, publishers, and video producers who earn their living from the gullible. The "prediction" will be wrong, just like every other doomsday prediction of the last few thousand years.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

Nope. We'll still be here.

Remember that in 2011, Harold Camping and his KoolAid Kids predicted the world was going to end not once, but TWICE (May and October) and we dodged that bullet. We're not going anywhere.

I do find the people who are panicking about it to be absolutely hilarious though.

4. d.william profile image76
    d.williamposted 5 years ago

NO.  Even if it did there is little one can do to prepare for it.  There have been so many doomsday predictions over the years, it is really foolish to believe that this one is any different.  People are basing this on the Mayan calendar, but in reality the Mayan calendar does not coincide with our current calendar anyway. 
    If you believe anything at all in your bibles, it does say that when the end of the world comes no one will know in advance. 
    People will only believe what they want to, to suit their own purposes at any given time.

5. artrush73 profile image61
    artrush73posted 5 years ago

No, in December there won't be the end of the world. But some things will absolutely change.

6. Barbara Kay profile image91
    Barbara Kayposted 5 years ago

No. For one thing, Jesus said that no one would be able to predict the day or the time. I wrote a hub about this.

7. AfricaResource profile image63
    AfricaResourceposted 5 years ago

Certainly not, its just another hoax, the same as all these other guys predicted the end of the world, it never comes to anything! The worlds still going to be around long after we're dead!

8. JohnM profile image61
    JohnMposted 5 years ago

Do you know that in the last 50 years that the end of the world has been predicted 265 times. And guess what your still here. None of them got it right and I think I will see the sun come up on December 22 2012. But if not no one will be here to say well John you were wrong about that one.