All Natural Sweetener With 0 Calories

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

For those wishing to cut out sugar from their diets but hate Saccharin (sulfobenzoic imide), Aspartame (aspartic acid, phenylalanine) and all other bitter tasting, unhealthy products.

Stevia, a herb native to South America is your best bet. There are 0 calories and it tastes as sweet or sweeter than the sugar cane and sugar beet sugars (sucrose). Sugar cane and Sugar beet sugars are carbohydrates.

Stevia has no carbohydrates, no calories and does not pose any health issues as do the Saccharin, Aspartame sweetners. It also tastes very sweet.

For those wishing to cut sugars out of your life for weight loss, and any health issues requiring the elimination of sugar, the great taste of Stevia is the way to go.

1. pinkboxer profile image60
      pinkboxerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I use Stevia and highly recommend it. It is available with the other sweeteners on your grocery aisle. Search until you find a particular brand of Stevia which suits your tastes. Great for making your own natural fruit drinks! Try making lemonade with Stevia. The will cut your appetite and promote easier weight loss. Great post.

2. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I LOVE Stevia. I purchase a brand with chromium and inulin which helps stabilize blood sugar and makes you less likely to crave foods that are bad for you.

I drink this every morning:

16 oz of cold bottled water
    Juice of 1 fresh lemon
    4 packets of stevia
    ice

(Note: Stevia amounts will be different for each brand you use...make sure to taste before putting 4 packets in of your brand!)

I LOVE this. Tastes just like the type of lemonade that is sold at carnivals or fairs.

I've replaced my daily coffee with this lemonade.

3. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

The health and fitness industry is finally getting on this band wagon as well. More and more products show stevia as a sweetner in protein drinks, etc.

Deborah, how about writing a hub on this?

4. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

When you eat something that tastes sweet, but isn't actually sugar, your body releases the usual flood of insulin to break it down, but because the sugar isn't there for the insulin to use, it then triggers even more cravings for sugar in an attempt to balance your body chemistry.

That's the main reason that artificial sweeteners are unhealthy.

1. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're not implying Stevia is an artificial sweetener are you?

Stevia is an herb.

Our diets are not without sugars. A whole Potato is equal to 25 teaspoons of sugar. Starches are converted to sugar in the body. Any root food (the vegetable part grows in the ground) like carrots, radishes, peanuts, potatoes etc are full of starch.

There is no need to add sucrose to our diets.

Though our bodies may crave sugars, we are in control. When we deny the craving, the craving will eventually go away.

Sugar causes *candida to grow in our stomach and intestines. The immune system tries to fight it but due to our continuous consumption of sugar the battle is never won. As long as the immune system is fighting the candida, it misses other invading viruses and germs even cancer.

*Candida is a yeastlike, parasitic fungus that can sometimes cause thrush.

Hope this helps.

5. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

Deborah - glad you know about candida. Not many do!!

I was diagnosed at age 16 with a systemic infection. Bloodwork confirmed this.

I go on a candida detox every january for a few months and then try to be conservative about my intake of unhealthy food throughout the rest of the year. I can tell you that I feel absolutely spectacular because of my anti-candida diet. My energy is level because I don't eat refined sugars, artificial sweeteners or refined carbs. Everything is whole grain. I wish I could eat this way year round but it is sometimes difficult.

Stevia is a great natural substitute!

1. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Girly..girl, thanks for bringing that up.
      Once the Candida has filled the intestines and stomach it will go to the bloodstream. Once in the bloodstream, it will be carried  to every part of the body, the lungs, heart, spine, brain etc.

I think you are doing well. Not many people take the time to clean their system. You will feel better, look younger and live longer.

6. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

I've been through candida as well. Happens in a lot more men than they realize. Don't usually have problems with it now, but still do "clean ups" occasionally. This type of infection can have a devastating effect not only on the body, but on brain function. I've written about how poor nutrition and assimilation can be a huge factor in many cases of mental illness. It's a long route back to health, but worth any effort or trouble. A clear mind took a long time to restore, and I value it greatly now.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)