Violation

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (35 posts)
  1. Harvey Stelman profile image61
    Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years ago

What is a TOS violation? A found that on my affiliate settings today. For three weeks it had said; You severed your affiliation with Hub. I never did that. I explained to Ad-Sense what I believe had happene, and was waiting for a reply. I believed we were going to try to iron things out. What am I supposed to do now; I was just shy of $100.

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ton of Sh*t?

just kidding - sorry buddy no idea sad

Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lyric,

I'm sure there are many more of us that do not understand.

2. AlienVisitor profile image60
        AlienVisitorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL, I think it means "terms of service" allthough i like your discription better.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

That doesn't sound good, Harvey.  Are you saying that Adsense suspended you?  Did you get an email or anything from them?  Can you log on to your Adsense account?

A TOS violation means you contravened the Terms of Service somehow.  I assume it was the Adsense TOS.  Did you try emailing the HP team when the message first appeared?

Marisa,

I explain to Ad-Sense that a fried wanted to help me, and clicked awy on the Google ads. They never get back to you, you just have to find what they did. They said; we can discuss any problem. That's pure bull!

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
        pauldeedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Google takes click fraud very seriously.  If you informed Google yourself quickly after your friend tried to "help you", you might have a chance.  If they discovered it on their own, suspended you, and then you tried to plead your case, it's very unlikely that they will ever reverse their decision.

Here are the Google AdSense Terms of Service.

Paul,

I received a phone call about what was done, and immediately looked at my Ad-Sense account. It already said diabled, so I wrote them immediately telling the story.

They replied saying; they will get back to me in about 30 days. At about 30 days I found a TOS on my account. They had told me this can be discussed after looking it over, that never happened.

It appears to me they intend to keep all previous earnings. This must be done to all in my position, that is a lot of money. Also making you wait a month after reaching $100 until paying yu genarates millions in interest for them.

Is there anything I can do? If I start legal action this will quickly become a class action suit, that is not my intention.
          I hope to hear from you soon.

Respectfully,
          Harvey Stelman

1. darkside profile image64
            darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's a lesson to be learned. IF possible, don't tell family and friends about your online activities. Seriously.

And if you do, don't tell them about Adsense.

And if you do, explain to them that every click can and will be tracked and you can get banned for fraud.

Bannings for this happens all the time. And Google have the right to protect their advertisers. In fact, they've been successfully sued by advertisers in the past for not making enough effort to deal with click fraud. So Google takes it very seriously.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
          Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Looks like your goose is cooked, Harvey.  I guess they get lots of people who perpetrate click fraud, then try to blame it on "a friend" when they're found out - so you get caught in the same net.

Misha's advice is good.

Marisa,

The person that did this would testify to doing it.

3. Harvey Stelman profile image61

Paul,

Please take note of my e-mail below to Misha.

Respectfully,
          Harvey

2. Harvey Stelman profile image61

Marisa,

Hub now wouldn't take my first response to you. They said; you have posted a similar thread or whatever.

3. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Harvey, I had a look back in the forums and saw a post you'd made then about a strange message. You were advised to contact HubPages - did they respond?

What exactly did Google tell you at that time?

Marisa,

They said it was between me and Ad-Sense.

4. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

congrats on the 100, marisa~ big_smile

rebekah,

No congrat's, NO MONEY! Thanks anyway.

5. flread45 profile image59
    flread45posted 14 years ago

The morrow of this story is NEVER let any friend or relative click on adsense in YOUR hub.
    And always contact google immediately after you find out this happened.
    They have no problem tracing your friends and relatives.
    All they have to do is check who you e-mail or twitter,facebook,etc.

fire,

If you don't know; what can you do?

2. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Flread, it's a bit overboard, they are not god or government to track your emails LOL

However, they drop cookies on your computer, and track your IP - this is enough to catch most suspicious clicks.

Harvey, your best bet is to open another account - either as a business entity, or to ask a relative to do this for you - different postal and email address of course, and bank info. Good luck! smile

Misha, What about the money they owe me for past months. There must be at least thousands of people in my situation. Google makes a fortune holding everyones money for different reasons. Most people back off. I'm thing of a class action suit.

What do yo think? It would be for people on all sites.

1. Misha profile image63

Come on Harvey, life is not fair, and might makes right. Write it off as tuition fee, and move on. smile

2. Harvey Stelman profile image61

Misha,

Did you know that Google also has the ability to and does take all of your e-mails in. I have found some of my e-mails when I Google myself. They give you the ability to not have these seen.

Did I give them permission to do that; NO! They have every e-mail you have sent. Does that sound legal? If I bring suit and everyone is informed of the above; how many people world wide would want to join in the suit?

1. Misha profile image63

If you want to entertain yourself with a lawsuit, go for it. However, I think you want to gain a bit more understanding of how things work in computers first, cause you obviously lack in this area. smile

6. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

It sounds like its a good idea to report any unusual ad clicking even if you are unsure that it was someone trying to 'help' you out. If you average at like 2% and it jumps by a lot it would be safer to contact google and ask them to have a look because you don't usually average so high. If there is no problem then at least you contacted google first and if there is by being the one to contact them they can know you are not trying anything dodgy. I will definitely keep this in mind myself smile

7. rajan1311 profile image70
    rajan1311posted 14 years ago

same problem here...and i dont have an account yet !

1. skyfire profile image80
      skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you don't have account then adsense of HP will be shown on your hubs.

8. rajan1311 profile image70
    rajan1311posted 14 years ago

then y did i get the TOS violation message ??

9. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Adsense publishers have sued and won

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/aaron-gre … 72403.html

well, one has

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the publisher got his money due, but did not get his account reinstated. G might have gone unprepared to small claims once. You want to bet it happens again?

1. Misha profile image63

Actually he did not get his money - G filed an appeal and won. There is a second article, linked from the first. smile

10. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 14 years ago

You have to be kidding me. How in the heck would they know that a friend or relative is clicking on your ads? And, how would a person who is related to those people know that they are doing it? Maybe they are doing it just to help that person get some traffic. They don't know the terms of service?

And, how do they know that the person who is clicking on the ads might not be someone who is trying to get someone banned?
    I would like to know how they are supposed to know these things.
    What information are they getting that were aren't?

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think they'd know the timing of the clicks, and whether they came from the same computer (I would assume from the IP address??).  But they wouldn't know whether the clicks were malicious or just someone trying to be helpful (some kinds of help one can do without lol).  And I don't think they very much care from what I can gather.  That article Sunforged posted was quite an eye-opener, and not in a good way.

11. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

They truly don't care if the clicks were maliciious or not. Because what they do care about is the advertiser who is paying the bill. And when someone clicks "for charity" it means that they aren't clicking in good faith. And the advertiser is getting screwed. If G doesn't police this then advertisers will no longer particpate.

If a site or hub, continually receives these clicks then the site or hub is no longer in G's best interest. They have all sorts of very complex statistical models that evaluate the worth of a site and the clicks it receives.

12. AlienVisitor profile image60
    AlienVisitorposted 14 years ago

I think It means "Terms Of Service",and yes its on a hair trigger, do any kind of wrong movement and Bang!In flash your gone, did they at least tell you why? or What your violation was, I think anyone with a adsense account worries about this because I hear it alot, people getting suspended without notice from all four corners of the world. Maybe its like the world "over populated"and when one little thing goes wrong they terminate you. I don,t think its fair at all, I would try and email them repeatedly, hopfully its a error.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)