The Penny Has Dropped

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (62 posts)
  1. sannyasinman profile image61
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

The majority now disbelieve global warming propaganda

Friday, February 5, 2010
    The BBC have just published details of a poll conducted by Populus that shows a big drop in belief in AGW.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47252000/gif/_47252226_climate_poll_466.gif

Here's an excerpt from their report:

"Exaggerated risks"
    Of the 75% of respondents who agreed that climate change was happening, one-in-three people felt that the potential consequences of living in a warming world had been exaggerated, up from one-in-five people in November.

The number of people who felt the risks of climate change had been understated dropped from 38% in November to 25% in the latest poll.

During the intervening period between the two polls, there was a series of high profile climate-related stories, some of which made grim reading for climate scientists and policymakers.
    In November, the contents of emails stolen from a leading climate science unit led to accusations that a number of researchers had manipulated data.

And in January, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) admitted that it had made a mistake in asserting that Himalayan glaciers could disappear by 2035.

The tide is turning . . . .

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very sad. Oil and coal company propaganda apparently is paying off.

sannyasinmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is no need for propaganda from anyone. Rajendra Pachauri of the IPCC, Al Gore, Mike Mann, Phil Jones, and others are doing a great job of debunking the AGW scare all by themselves, with their own admissions of mistakes, exaggerations, cover-ups, and deleted and falsified data (Mike Mann's "hockey stick" graph  being the classic example).

This is what more and more people are now realising.

1. tobey100 profile image60
          tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Precisely.  Anyway, who needs facts when ya got Al Gore.  By the way, since the snow storms have hit, where's he been?????

1. Flightkeeper profile image68
            Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Al Gore's buried under 5 ft of snow, he's waiting for global warming to melt the snow so that he can get out lol

2. tobey100 profile image60

Ralph, please.  with out the oil and coal companies you dislike so much we'd still be living in log houses and farming our 40 acres with a mule.  As I laid out in a hub, there is no scientific proof of global warming and never will be.  Some idiot in the Washington Post claims the snowstorms are caused by Global warming.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65

The matter of global climate is not susceptible to being settled by the "opinion of the majority" which has been manipulated by propaganda financed by oil, coal and electric power companies. The fact remains that the majority of climate scientists, based on scientific measurements, say that increasing emissions of greenhouse gases is affecting the world climate.

The opinion of the majority of citizens is important because public support is required in order to deal with causes of warming before it's too late.

Greenhouse gases may or may not be affecting the climate, but CO2 is only one of them, and the man-made percentage of all CO2 is far less than the naturally occuring CO2. The bottom line is, there is no concensus, and there is no proof.

If this was a criminal case in court brought against man-made global warming as being guilty of causing catastrophic future changes in the climate, the judge would instruct the jury to acquit the accused because there is insufficient evidence and reasonable doubt, and the case is not proven.     

The alarmists say that human CO2 emissions are the cause of global warming, and that these emissions will have catastrophic impacts on the Earth unless we act now. This is the issue and this is where the scam lies, because this is simply not true.

One by one the preposterous claims are being debunked. How many more "facts" need to be shown to be false before we put an end to this farce?

Which preposterous claims are being debunked and by whom?

Ralph, if you take the time to watch this video, it will answer all of your questions and more besides.

Global Warming or Global Governance?
            http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc … 7427439443

2. sannyasinman profile image61

The "fact", in fact, is that over 31'000 scientists including over 9'000 Phd's (that's 15-times more than are seriously involved in the United Nations IPCC process), say that:

"there is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of CO2, methane and other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate".

I suppose you could call that a concensus.

http://www.petitionproject.org/frequent … stions.php

2. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

well you know...i heard somewhere that the scientists "lost" all of their years of global warming data. how do you just lose years of research. seems kind of odd...

3. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

I am so gld that people are waking up at last!

4. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

The power of media is staggering and some interest group in swaying opinion,

5. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

We could use a little global warming right now in South GA. I'm freezing!

6. blue dog profile image60
    blue dogposted 14 years ago
    1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Global warming is happening, but it's caused by sunspot activity or other cause, it's just not man-made.

Where, pray tell, did you get that piece of misinformation?

Where are you getting your's Ralph?  Just because it doesn't agree with our belief doesn't make it misinformation.  There is no consensus on global warming in spite of claims that there is.  Over 30,000 respected scientist have signed a letter sent to the President disputing the THEORY of man-made global warming.  (Check my hub for the site)  I'd rather stake my future on real science than the claims of the man-made global warmists that are being debunked on an almost daily basis.  Man cannot and will not destroy this planet.  That's God's job.

Where am I getting my information? Check my Hubs on the subject. I'm getting my information from articles by science writers in respected publications that follow accepted journalistic standards, not from propaganda financed by oil, coal and power companies.

If it's God's job, you'd better start praying.

7. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Well, now that more people realize that global warming is just one big scam, I'm waiting for the crackpots to think up something else roll

8. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I would like to know exactly whats going on from a non-political organization that has no other interest but to report the facts. If I'm not mistaken when archeologists examined the rings on timbers used at Chaco Canyon by the Anasazi(?) Indians and the tree rings showed years of excessive heat and drought and some cool wet years. It's generally accepted that they abandoned their homes because hot drought conditions. I want a no-emotion assessment of this to determine if it's cyclic or a real climate change. I don't care to see any more politically motivated studies.

1. Sab Oh profile image56
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"I would like to know exactly whats going on from a non-political organization that has no other interest but to report the facts"

There is no such organization and there never will be.

9. salt profile image60
    saltposted 14 years ago

I have read the various debates. I know from the scientists mouth that the icebergs in the antarctic are melting at a faster rate. I have heard the long term scientific perspective of this being cyclical....

The crucial point is if the sea temperature rises more than 2 degrees, and I think I am talking in celcius then we are in very big trouble as humans existing on this earth. So the question is wait until the debate plays its way out.. or make steps in the short to medium term to make sure that we do not put ourselves and the plant at risk... and continue the debate and observe, but at least know that we are prepared for the possible outcomes of too higher temperatures. Its not worth taking the risk of saying it is over exaggerated at this point in time... it is worth making the effort to make sure our temperatures stay within a range that is bearable.

Other offshoots could be rising sea levels especially for smaller island nations, those closer to the equator, higher temperatures before those of us in colder nations... its worth making the effort now!!!! Continue the debate, but dont waste lives.

My personal perspective is make the changes as quickly as possible .. evaluate and monitor, yet if we dont make the changes in the immediate future, it may be too late to make them later.

10. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 14 years ago

I'm with you, Salt.

As I've pointed out more than once on Hubpages, there should be no conflict over global climate change. The climate has changed many times in the past due to natural forces--sun spots, huge volcano eruptions, etc. And the climate is likely to change in the future due to these natural events.

More recently man has been pumping various greenhouse gases into the atmosphere where they are accumulating. The presence and effects of these gases climate have been measured scientifically. Most scientists agree, based on evidence, that greenhouse gases exert a warming effect which is likely to increase if we continue increasingly to burn oil and coal in coal electrid power plants motor vehicles and for home and building heating.

The climate at any given time or for any given period, thus, is the product of natural and man made influences. The natural forces, so far as I know are hard to predict. They could cancel out the warming effect of greenhouse gases, accelerate it, retard it or not affect it one way or the other. The majority of scientists appear to believe that the danger of warming is clear enough to justify efforts to reduce the greenyhouse gas emissions and/or to plan and prepare countermeasures to deal with the likely effects of climate change.

Thus, the dispute between the proponents and deniers of climate change really is a false either/or issue or dichchotomy. The true answer is that climate is influenced both by natural cyclic forces AND, increasingly, by growing CO2 emissions.

11. yenajeon profile image71
    yenajeonposted 14 years ago

I completely believe in climate change 100%.
    However, I don't think we should be spending trillions on it. Why? Because the earth should collapse/die out when it naturally should so... just leave it to its job!

(And yes, I know the contributions to global warming are from people NOT the earth, but thats how we've come to this point and now its out of our hands I feel)

12. kephrira profile image61
    kephriraposted 14 years ago

I think its sad that 1 group of scientists do 1 dumb thing, and all of a sudden people think that all of the scientists must be just making it up. I think a lot of people were just looking for an excuse to become sceptics because they didn't want to have to do anything about it, and recent events have given them the excuse they were looking for.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are right, and many of them on this site were looking for an excuse.

1. Friendlyword profile image61
        Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would like to add that I dont think the BBC Poll is accurate. Most people think the question itself is so ridiculous they dont bother to answer it.
        Of course there is Global Warming!
        And of course Man is responsible for it happening!
        Naturally Occurring?...
        Explain why man had to make up a new word to describe the damage we are doing to the Earth. SMOG!!!

2. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I didn't need an excuse! Global Warming is the biggest hoax since Global Cooling!

My man!!!!  Glad to hear from ya!  Ditto.

13. blue dog profile image60
    blue dogposted 14 years ago
  14. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

"Whatever the cause of the cooling trend, its effects could be extremely serious, if not catastrophic. Scientists figure that only a 1% decrease in the amount of sunlight hitting the earth's surface could tip the climatic balance, and cool the planet enough to send it sliding down the road to another ice age within only a few hundred years."

I suppose one could argue that in 1974 scientists were not smart enough to collect historical data?

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic … 14,00.html

Good thing today's scientists - the ones being praised for their doctored data - really know their stuff!

When you research Maurice Strong the truth behind the people pushing for Carbon Credits is exposed.

The people behind the falsified science are there to make money.  These people could care less about the Environment.

If they did they wouldn't be harping on a naturally occurring gas, they would be harping on ALL Air Pollution.

The World is a very polluted place, but no one will take any action unless they can profit from it one way or the other.

1. kephrira profile image61
      kephriraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just because scientists have been wrong in the past doesn't mean they are wrong now.  And to suggest that money is influencing scientists to put forward the global warming agenda is laughable, given the massive vested interests in oil and other polluting industries and the huge sums of money they have thrown into trying to disprove global warming. Any greedy scientists out there could make a hell of a lot more cash as a denier than they ever could as a supporter of the man man global warming hypothesis.
      But I do agree with you somewhat about the overemphasis on carbon dioxide. Its not even the only greenhouse gas, let alone the only pollutant which is damaging the environment. That doesn't mean its not a problem though.

2. itakins profile image71
      itakinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is also the added dimension of this lie being propogated throughout the developing world and 'sold' as' Empowering Women'-by encouraging them to reduce family sizes-by fair means ot foul-in order to reduce global warming.
      This ,in my view ,is an even more serious moral issue-many of these people do not have access to knowledge that we have in the west-agriculture is often their main source of income-reducing populations -reduces farm workers-and leaves land available for ...........opportunists-as has happened in the past.
      This is a reprehensible lie-and another part of the whole NWO plan,
      check out the UNFPA site and read between the lines -ignore the spin!!

15. profile image0

I wonder what the experts would say if they were held liable for errors and omissions?

1. itakins profile image71
      itakinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

800 emails have come to light -blatant lies -talked about freely.The elite scientists did not share info with other scientists-they were in the scam with political 'leaders' and 'do gooders'.
      They will not be answerable to anyone-just like the bankers and corrupt politicians et al.

16. sannyasinman profile image61

Please lets clarify the issue here.
    We are not talking about polluting the environment. This we do far too much of - the air, water, earth, food etc. Nobody disagrees about that and I think we can all say that we have to change our ways and become more ecologically aware before we kill ourselves.

The issue here is with man-made global warming /anthropogenic global warming / AGW.

The alarmists say that human CO2 emissions are the cause of global warming, and that these emissions will have catastrophic impacts on the Earth unless we act now. This is the issue.

The "actions" which we are being pressurised and scared into accepting are:
    - Be taxed up to the eyeballs
    - Pay this tax to the United Nations.
    - Give up national sovereignty to the United Nations   
    - Buy and sell carbon credits (a system which does not work)
    - Stop 3rd world countries development in its tracks
    - Be subject to inspections, more restrictions on our freedoms
    and more . . .
    This is what the argument is about.

So, when the people who are responsible for selling the idea to the world are seen to be lying, exaggerating and deliberatley falsifying the facts, it starts to look very suspicious.

Plus, there is BIG, BIG money involved here. If Al Gore and company really want to save the planet, there are many, many areas crying out for attention . . but there is no money to be made so they are ignored.

This is a scam which has now been taken over by the same bankers and hedge funds who gave us the housing crisis and the economic crash of 2008. They have no interest whatsoever in helping the planet, only in helping themselves to more of your hard-earned money. Do you know that there are now Carbon Credit Exchanges in Europe and Chicago (Al Gore ownes a share of both) carbon futures trading, carbon derivatives trading - does this sound familiar? All based on nothing.

They are selling carbon credits (ie the right to emit CO2) as a commodity, like sugar or coffee, and as long as you can afford it, then you can put out as much CO2 as you like. It has now become an industry unto itself, and is touted as the next big thing, a trillion dollar business, by the greedy financial institutions who are scrambling to get a piece of the action.       

This is what its about. These people couldn't care less about you, me or our planet. It's just business.

I don't know about you, but I personally take an intense dislike to being manipulated, lied to, and played for a fool.

Unfortunately global warmers are like cult members.  You can show that their leaders are scam artists but they'll make up excuses and you can't persuade them otherwise. It's really like a religion with them, a whole new belief system.

You are right. It has become a religion and it has its zealots, disciples and high-priests. It even has a name - The Church of Climatology.

Sanny, I hope you're joking about the church thing.  Otherwise I'm appalled and I'm afraid this is not going to go away any time soon.

Sorry, I forget to add the smiley.
            Here's an extra one, just for you smile smile

Whew! Thanks.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dear me.

And just like religion - there are a bunch of vested interests interfering and confusing the issue.

I can see things changing from my window. I can smell the pollution and I am well aware that there are an awfully powerful group of people who benefit by persuading us not to change our consumption habits.

I do not understand the "Al Gore will make money from this therefore I am a scientist all of a sudden," argument. Nor do I understand why the OP is happy that some people do not believe it. The amount of people who believe or not make absolutely zero difference to whether it is true or not.

Any fool can see we are affecting our environment. Whether it will be catastrophic - I don't know. Common sense suggests that it will be and the fact that we seem in no hurry to make any changes means what? I have no idea what the future holds but I trust the OP about as much as I trust any politician.

The only thing I am sure of is that we will keep burning our resources until they are all gone and no matter what I say or do - I will noyt be able to make any changes.

The climate is changing. It appears as though we are having an effect. Most scientists agree that reducing our carbon emissions will slow that down. The fact that a bunch of scumbag politicians are jumping on the band wagon in an effort to screw some money from it by "selling" our carbon emission needs to third world countries that do not consume as much as we do is not going to solve that particular problem.

I personally do not have a "leader" in this matter - I make my own mind up based on my own observations and common sense. We are having an effect. I can see it and smell it and the moment a gas company tells me we are not having an effect - I know I am on the right track.

Separating out "pollution" and "climate change" is at best disingenuous. Why should all pollution be bad - except one - carbon emission? Total BS.

17. theirishobserver. profile image62
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

last week, 'scientists' who had just produced a major report supporting global warming, admitted that they had said the ice caps on the Himilayas were going to be gone in 10 years, on the basis of asking climbers if they had seen any melting ice up there........yep....I think it was melting ice, although the climber in front of me was closing his zipper when I looked up smile

lol

18. sannyasinman profile image61

Oops, perhaps I spoke too soon!

http://scottystarnes.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/church-of-climatology1.jpg

Good one Sanny! lol

1. Mark Knowles profile image58

Absolute proof that what I see outside is not happening. lol

Dear me - now who has a religion? Go forth and multiply! You have dominion! lol

This whole time you didn't believe in God, when really you're just an ordinary pagan!

lol

My day has been made. Thank you! Thank you!

Carbon taxes will save our earth!! lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

And if they don't believe, the great Al Gore will come down to smite you!!!

lol lol lol

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

Guess I need to spell it out huh?

Carbon Taxes are total Bullshit and will make zero difference.
            Selling carbon credits is total BS and will make no difference.

These are both ways to screw you and me in yet another way. The fact that you are too ignorant to realize you are already getting screwed far worse and this is just a drop in the bucket is neither here nor there.

None of which changes the fact that we are having an effect on our environment.

Understand?

Watch it Sanny, or he'll try to organize another climate summit and then we'll all pay! lol

For your benefit, here it is all over again . . . .

Lets clarify the issue here.
              We are not talking about polluting the environment. This we do far too much of - the air, water, earth, food etc. Nobody disagrees about that and I think we can all say that we have to change our ways and become more ecologically aware before we kill ourselves.

The issue here is with man-made global warming /anthropogenic global warming / AGW.

The alarmists say that human CO2 emissions are the cause of global warming, and that these emissions will have catastrophic impacts on the Earth unless we act now. This is the issue.

The "actions" which we are being pressurised and scared into accepting are:
              - Be taxed up to the eyeballs
              - Pay this tax to the United Nations (a dangerous precedent)
              - Give up national sovereignty to the United Nations   
              - Buy and sell carbon credits (a system which does not work)
              - Stop 3rd world countries development in its tracks
              - Be subject to inspections, more restrictions on our freedoms
              and more . . .

This is what the argument is about.

So, when the people who are responsible for selling the idea to the world are seen to be lying, exaggerating and deliberately falsifying the facts, it starts to look very suspicious.

This is a scam which has now been taken over by the same bankers and hedge funds who gave us the housing crisis and the economic crash of 2008. They have no interest whatsoever in helping the planet, only in helping themselves to more of our hard-earned money. There are now Carbon Credit Exchanges in Europe and Chicago (Al Gore ownes a share of both) carbon futures trading, carbon derivatives trading - does this sound familiar? All based on nothing.

These people couldn't care less about you, me or our planet.   
              I take an intense dislike to being manipulated, lied to, and seeing our freedoms eroded more each day.

19. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Wow! So that's your religion, mark knowles. I did not see that coming!

lol It figures!

20. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Okay, let's say the planet is warming and that it's man's fault. Shouldn't Al Gore be a role model by living a "greener" lifestyle?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/ed … reen_x.htm

I would respect Al Gore as a model more if he didn't push it and profit from it at the same time, Habee.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58

Al Gore is a scumbag politician. Nothing more or less. He doesn't give a shit about anything other than feathering his own nest - like all politicians.

21. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

In 1974 The World was flat and "scientists" didn't have a clue.  Sure they had already sent a man to the moon, the jet airplane was in service around the world.

But we didn't have cell phones or personal computers.

So anything the "Scientists" came up with in 1974 must have been wrong.

I see the logic in that. They knew enough to find a way to deal with the weather on lunar missions, but not enough to deal with reading historical data.

Record snow on the East Coast this past week.  There must be a heatwave somewhere else.

I wondered what killed the Dinosaurs?  I wonder if only they had figured out a way to tax themselves into extinction instead of letting nature do it?

Man can not control what nature does.  All man can do is pollute and waste resources.

"Carbon Taxes are total Bullshit and will make zero difference.
    Selling carbon credits is total BS and will make no difference."

At least there are people that fully understand that regardless of belief the Agenda is about money! Oil companies could care less about Global Warming as they will just buy whatever they need from Team Gore/Team Strong and pass the cost along to the consumer.  Sure they would rather avoid having to do that, but ultimately it doesn't matter.  Look what Texaco did to the Environment in Ecuador.

Exxon Mobile paid next to nothing for the Valedez Oil spill.  After 20 years of appeals Justice Souter dismissed the last of the punitive damages.

Corporate America doesn't give a rats a&% about the Environment.

And it's BANKERS ... the folks that control the money supply that call the shots.  They are happy to play any side against the other to fulfill their agenda.

CIT names ex-Merrill CEO Thain as chairman, CEO

Yesterday's headline.  Cheated the American Tax Payer out of Billions at Merrill Lynch.  Then after CIT screws the tax payer out of Billions more they turn around and appoint him to run the show!

It's all bout money.  And Global Warming is a scam.

22. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Haha the Hockey stick graph is a fantastic example.

There was a recent case hearing on global warming against a company, the prosecuting attourney pulled out the hockey stick graph as part of his case.  The defence went on to show how that graph had been debunked 30 years ago after the last global warming scare, and how any data over time fed in to that graphs equation would infact look like that graph.

23. profile image0

Global warming, carbon credits and other limiting issues presented by the left are part of their agenda. They want government to control everything. This another way to make Americans join an alls-equal global community. ,Furtherinmg their agenda for one world government. This charitable position they think their taking is to make the world a fair place for everybody but, they can't even organize any relief that even comes to a tenth of what churches give. How on God's green earth do they think they can ever get a handle on this fantasy? They can't so they operate a campaign of, We'll control you so you can do it! Not good.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)