how do you know if your partner is cheating

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (21 posts)
  1. sweetjulie profile image61
    sweetjulieposted 14 years ago

how do you know when your spouse is cheating

1. goldenpath profile image67
      goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Look for signs:
      Mysterious phone calls
      Periodic absenses without expanation
      Notes/Letters

If you find any of these or anything you feel uneasy about then ask him straight out.  If you feel any kind of deception in his answer or defensiveness it is a red flag that "something" may not be right.

I would suggest doing a hub search on the subject.  The best advice I would give is be watchful and always keep yourself unspotted.  Never give him the same reason to suspect foul play on your end.

2. andromida profile image57
      andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think the level of intimacy will certainly fall no matter how hard one tries to hide,one way or another you will be able to notice when your partner decrease doing the things he used to do before he starts cheating.

1. AnythingArtzy profile image67
        AnythingArtzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

so very wise and true.

3. alexandriaruthk profile image69
      alexandriaruthkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ask them and you will know, their eyes will say say it all

lack and sudden lost of intimacy

their cellphone is always secured and also email unlike before

schedule is uncertain

they are suddenly grooming

they pick up fights immediately with you

they are avoiding you

check the receipts and credit card billings, if there is some items bought which you didnt see, restaurant billings which you didnt go together and motel etc

4. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you have a suspicion, then thats an indication that something is wrong with your relationship. Whether he/she is cheating or not the problem needs to be addressed. The best thing to do is to speak openly about your feelings and get to the bottom of the underlying problem otherwise refer to my song "Forget Your Ex"!

5. curlytree2009 profile image36
      curlytree2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this

so true. smile

6. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you don't. even if all signs point to yes, people still deny it to themselves. if you really suspect your partner is cheating, talking to him or her won't do you any good - they will just lie about it.

you will either have to start examining your phone bill or start looking for strange things like a cell phone that you don't know about or strange charges on your credit card, or unusual withdrawls from your bank account.

this is why cheaters suck, they are not poor lost souls looking for love - they are sneaky and liars and would endanger their spouse just so they can get some sack time with some lowlife who, when it's all said and done, they will dump like a hot potato and beg you to take them back even as you slam the door in their face. who wants someone like that?

7. curlytree2009 profile image36
      curlytree2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this

How? Sometimes, signs aren't enough. Being sweet or romantic does not mean that he or she is not cheating, that's why there is fooling. You continue to believe even if you didn't know that he or she is fooling you.

2. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

Boots under the bed.....

3. irishsoul28 profile image58
    irishsoul28posted 14 years ago

I think you just know in your heart. Put aside any paranoia you may have then think about all the things thats lead up to you thinking about this, if you still feel the same i would tell you to comfort your partner as calmly as possible.....then lose it if they have been cheating!!

1. globalserenity profile image59
      globalserenityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is a difficult topic indeed, simply because everyone is different. No two people are the same in their suspicions and what makes them suspect another of cheating, just the same as no cheater behaves the same way.

Therefore, it doesn't seem to be possible to nail down exactly what to look for in every case.

My suggestion? If someone suspects their partner of cheating, approaches their partner who then denies all accusations, and still feels there is something going on, why stay with that person? 

The concept of cheating to couples often differs, which is to say sometimes they don't agree about exactly what cheating consists of in the first place. Also, whether its cheating or something less severe, either way, something about that person is rubbing you the wrong way....I say it's time to get out.

The only reason to waste your energy playing sleuth, is to "catch someone in the act" so to speak.

The point is, something is making you uncomfortable, and if its the unable to eat or sleep kind of uncomfortable, and the partner is denying having been a part of cheating, then just get out.

At the very least that sort of "shaking of the sugar tree" as it were, can open up a new communication, so that the partner can better understand why it is the accuser feels that way.

Or the partner will not try to get the accuser to stay at all, and though difficult, facing that the two parties are not compatible sooner rather than later is best.

4. Wayne Orvisburg profile image63
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 14 years ago

When as he walks out the door he says he's going to his girlfriend's house.

5. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

I guess I first worked out that she was cheating when I noticed that every day for 3 years, there seemed to always be another guy with his arm around her, who kept smiling at me and was too young to be her father lol

6. irishsoul28 profile image58
    irishsoul28posted 14 years ago

Maybe tell us why you think your partner could be cheating so we could give a better answer?

7. TerryGl profile image57
    TerryGlposted 14 years ago

I wrote a hub about software that allows you to monitor your partners cell phone.

I had trepidations writing the hub because truthfully, would you really want to know. Listening in on a cell phone conversation would be gut retching to me.

Unless there is proof, time dates who when and how, speculation can always bring you down or do your head in.

8. theirishobserver. profile image60

If you find panties in his pocket and they are not yours...although he may be cross dressing...which means you will have more clothes to choose from and you can enjoy shopping together.... smile

9. theirishobserver. profile image60

If you find a bra in his pocket and they are not yours...although he may be cross dressing...which means you will have more clothes to choose from and you can enjoy shopping together...

10. theirishobserver. profile image60

I write stars for my friends and family, what is your star Anythingartzy.... smile

11. Greg Cremia profile image61
    Greg Cremiaposted 14 years ago

loss of weight
    new clothes
    extra grooming
    new look
    excuses you did not ask for
    their friends treat you differently
    happy for unknown reasons
    unhappy for unknown reasons
    cold look in their eyes

you find yourself asking this question

12. hollywoodjames profile image59
    hollywoodjamesposted 14 years ago

Please read my hub to answer this question.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)