Best time and day to post new hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image63
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 15 years ago

I was wondering... as a writer I've written a lot of books on areas like eBay sales etc, and there is a definite pattern to that in terms of thebest time of day and day to end an auction. 

I'm also an Amazon reseller, and I know how to work their system to maximise sales.  Yes it's theoretically not proven according to Amazon, but I know darned well if I list items in a certain pattern of timings, my sales of ALL items (even the ones that have been on there for 4 years without selling) go UP.  Period.

So, moseying down to the store this afternoon,I started to wonder if there was a "best" time of day or day of the week to post new hubs?

I posted one recntly that had 233 hits within 45 minutes - Now, was that the FANTASTIC topic or was it simply that I hit a time and day when a max number of people were online therefore best time to hit stumble, digg etc with a new hub...

I'd be interested in any thoughts.  Or maybe I'm just being Mrs Spock again... trying to find logic where none exists.

2. solarshingles profile image59
    solarshinglesposted 15 years ago

Dear Julie-Ann,
    if you want to catch the best possible Hubbing time for publishing new hubs (most traffic) you need to stick with the US time, starting with EAST time and on...(that's our time + 5 hours and on...)

p.s.
    I know that you are making very nice and very professional hubs, but posting links here means 'spamming'...imagine if all of us would be doing this...smile

Julie-Ann Amosposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ah sorry - I just thought it would save anyone asking which hub it was - as it had such a weird traffic pattern.  And it's one of my favourite topics, livng with a professional guitarist... Sorry everyone!

3. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Money-wise, the initial spike of traffic (if any) is absolutely irrelevant. All that traffic comes from HP colleagues, who do not click your ads. smile

PS And yeah, I agree with solarshingles about you posting link here... just remove it if you still can edit your post smile

Thanks Misha have edited the post.

No, it was ALL external traffic!  And I think 3 views from hubpages.  Obviously hit upon a good rich topic...

4. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

It's not uncommon for a surge of traffic after recently submitting a hub to stumble or something like that. It's the longterm traffic you want not necessarily the immediate traffic.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

One of my hits got a hug surge from Google for one day, something like 800 views. That happens rarely for me though.

6. shawna.wilson profile image60
    shawna.wilsonposted 15 years ago

Over 200 hits in 45 minutes?!  Wow!  Most of my hubs have never seen 200 hits in their entire existence smile I don't get as much traffic as most of you super hubbers smile 

I've often wondered when the best time is to publish a hub too.  It seems like I get more traffic from other hubbers if I publish on a weekday rather than a weekend.  I don't know if that's true for everyone else or not.  Does anyone else have any theories?

7. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Oh, that's easy - people tend to surf more on work smile

8. alexadry profile image95
    alexadryposted 15 years ago

Yeah, one of my hubs got like 240 one day, but then went back to normal. Curiously, all the hits came from yahoo uk. I hoped to keep up those stats but it never happened again sad
    What makes you think it all happened in 45 minutes? Aren't the stats showing per day?

Literally, I posted, went and made a drink, let the dogs out, went and showed by other half the hub, and he clicked to view my account stats and we saw the numbers.  I'm not sure even 45 mins had gone past!

The hub's done ok since but nothing even approaching that number.  I guess it must have been instant passround at stumble etc then nada!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)