Where would we be without love?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (36 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

No matter your stance on religion we all need love. Love is the center piece of Christian religions and the Bible is a guide to love. Where in your opinion do you feel this message gets lost on so many? If you are opposed to love then that would be self-explanatory but I'm sure most prefer love in their life. I'm not baiting anyone for a fight, please honest opinions.smile

1. RainySunshine profile image61
      RainySunshineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Poor communication tends to be the biggest problem, I think! Listen to what others are saying before you critize and judge for crying out loud!

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It gets lost on so many because they place the wrong definition on the word "love".

3. Flightkeeper profile image67
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sneak! In my opinion, if you're talking about love, if you're open to it, love will be there regardless of what religion or philosophy you follow.  If you're talking about whether a person is receptive to the message of love when it is communicated through a religion, people have blinders because of the vehicle that carries that message, there's not much you can do about it.

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Flight! As usual you're right on the mark!smile

2. kess profile image61
    kessposted 14 years ago

Since religion have rules there is no true love within.

Those who truly love are those who looks part all rules and see the Spirit.

God is the Spirit of All Goodness and His son is the Truth, which makes the goodness plain.

That is the way of love.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's not totally true.

God is Love.
      Yet even He has rules.

3. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Love is everything to me. I have family, pets and friends that I love very much. I am lucky enough to live in a place where love is easy. No wars, no famine, very few hate filled religious zealots, everyone has food and shelter. smile

I have empathy for those who have to find love while under horrible circumstances of fight to survive. smile

4. profile image0
    hamstersmessiahposted 14 years ago

a better question is "where are we?" since there is so little love in the world.  i am hopeful though as i see more and more people stopping their insane desire-driven routines to reach out to their fellow human beings and the creatures they share the earth with.  maybe i just live in a crap-hole.  all i know is where i would be without love and that is dead.

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awesome! Remember when you're here with all of us you are a loved member of the family, maybe alittle disfunctional at times, but we;re still your family and I know you're loved by all!big_smile

5. earnestshub profile image80

Yes we have some very loveable deities here, hampster, Randy guineagod, Mark Knowles, the FSM, oh and a couple of psychotic ones from a couple of books! lol

6. Tom Cornett profile image79
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

The wealth of God is love...trouble is...most religions tend to spend that wealth on themselves.  smile

7. profile image0
    sophsposted 14 years ago

All you need is love..... do do do do do do, all you need is love, love, love is all you need! smile

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wonderful song that! smile

1. profile image0
        sophsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It sure is! smile

8. profile image0

love is the drug and i need to score!

I like that song as well! Geeze I am just a sop! lol

1. aguasilver profile image71
        aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Earnest, just found this crazy note from one of your OZ guys and I though of you, this is brilliant.... OH NO, I'm not calling you brillian, but the note is!

http://users.tpg.com.au/morepats/Craig/image012.jpg

1. profile image0
          hamstersmessiahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

temporal-spatial shifts are quite tricky!  i have time machine but i do not have a space-time machine as this person claims in their note.  my Similichron is constantly backdating as i surf the net.  to make a space-time machine is something i really hadn't considered.  hmmmm... must investigate.  thoughtful of him to leave a note but i still don't recommend the whole temporal-space shift deal.  trust me-shift one dimension at a time!

9. earnestshub profile image80

Good morning/evening/afternoon and night you guys!
    11.22 am here I have been up since 6 am. smile Working, working, working, working, wo........
    Time for another coffee and a big fat joint! lol

10. earnestshub profile image80

Australians can be a tad droll sometimes, but yep! I could see an Australian writing that! lol Well done! lol

11. earnestshub profile image80

I can't see much, but is that High Street Windsor in Melbourne? If it is I lived 1klm from there for over 20 years! smile

12. maudine_05 profile image61
    maudine_05posted 14 years ago

when there is LOVE there is hope , peace and everything is possible wit love.

13. Lita C. Malicdem profile image59
    Lita C. Malicdemposted 14 years ago

Love is the language, spoken or unspoken, that every human being relates to with clarity. It is the language of the heart. So we all have love because we have a pulsating heart.

14. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

Love will not dwell where it is not wanted.

15. earnestshub profile image80

True love, the useful kind starts with self love and self respect not elf love and enslavement to it! smile

16. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Seems to me love is independent of a religion or anything like it. It exists as a part of life and living. Remember all those studies about babies, animals and even plants that thrived where love is, and just plain didn't when it's not there? Can't find any links as examples, but I did read about it in times past.

Love has kept me going through all the trouble in life. Sounds almost trite in a way, but it sure is the truth in my case.

17. earnestshub profile image80

Well I can't speak for others, but I love everything about this little planet, and I do not need to "believe" to enjoy every minute! smile

18. earnestshub profile image80

Craig does seem like a radical. Not unusual here... lol

1. profile image0

does he know about the Philadelphia Experiment?  i would really discourage him from landing so close to that trash can.  he may materialize partially inside of it.

1. profile image0

oh sorry that's a subway wall...  even worse...  he should try an empty field first.

Our Craig had to land in Windsor, he lives there and you just can't always get a cab in Windsor. I have no Idea why he didn't choose the park behind that gate. Plenty of space there. Funny I recognised the background, I lived just around the corner in Punt Road! lol

1. profile image0

well i'll stabilize the Earth temporal gravity phase thrusters so that his resonance is in frequency when he lands.  that's the best i can do.  with a little luck and a good quantum-tunneling drive he should be just fine. oh remind him to remove any copper coins from his pockets.  the magnetic fields will interfere with his resonance and he'll be screwed.  nickel too.  anything ferro-magnetic.  in fact it would be best to wear no metal zippers either.  nylon.

1. profile image0

tell him to send a pic when he lands... i wanna see how he did!

19. profile image0

love is always the carrot on the stick isn't it?  not just with religions mind you...  a new job, that shiny new car, the new house you buy...  a warm place to land and stay is what i'm looking for.  not a carrot on a stick.

20. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Love is............................................

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)