Conspiracy Theories

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (36 posts)
  1. deegle profile image68
    deegleposted 14 years ago

Who is to blame for conspiracy theories? The ones that reports or exposes them or the ones that conceals activities that get discovered then gets leaked to those that reports or exposes them?

2. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

Who is to blame?

I blame the Media Blamers - Dale Dribble

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe thats Dale Gribble

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Gribble

3. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 14 years ago

Why blame anyone? Conspiracy theorists perform a useful social function, even the way out crazy ones. If they didn't exist, then one day there would be a crazy way out conspiracy and noone would notice it. They are our social insurance policy!

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Crazy that it works like that!!! But true! lol

4. Siotosh profile image61
    Siotoshposted 14 years ago

Don't get it, if it's only a theory what can you expose.
    Beware: A straight jacket is not a theory

5. mikelong profile image62
    mikelongposted 14 years ago

Here's a good one.....

The U.S. has sought Cuba for a long time---Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson both wrote about the inevitability of the island falling into American hands....and both welcomed the idea..

American intervention in this Carribbean island can be seen as early as William Walker...who (with support from the government) lead a private military expedition into the island in order to take it over for himself.....

Following the prohibition of slavery in the U.S., many plantation owners left the U.S. and entered Spanish territories that still kept the practice legal, like in Florida and Cuba....

After the "Maine incident" the United States gets control of the island, inserting the Platt Amendment into the Cuban Constitution, and gaining Guantanamo Bay......

Cuba under American puppets was a wonderful place in the American mindseye...a paradise for the elites to spend their money on activities not welcomed in the U.S. itself....and as a great source for cheaply produced sugar and coffee....the best sugar.....

and then there is Castro.....

To the conspiracy theory....

Operation Northwoods.....it can be found online in pdf form....and I am ongoingly working on an article about it.....

Give it a read and let me know if you want to hear the rest......as for now, I have to give my hands a rest....

peace...

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66
      Ralph Deedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cuba as the 51st state! We could use another red, uh blue state!

6. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 14 years ago

1- conspiracy theories wouldn't start if there wasn't at least a little truth to them
    2- conspiracy theories are always labeled conspiracy theories by the perpetrators of actual conspiracies
    3- conspiracy theories don't have to be proven; they do the job of making people aware that giant crimes can and do exist, usually by our "dear leaders"

But, that's just my theory smile

Did you know that there are fully grown ten-foot long alligators in the New York City sewers as a result of baby alligators brought back from Florida vacations and flushed down toilets?

1. double_frick profile image59
        double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thats not a conspiracy theory though...thats an urban legend. hmm
        i've been all up and in and through conspiracies. i think there is much truth to what they say, though of course not all of it. there is quite a bit of sensationalism at the forefront of these "conspiracy theorist" type movements going on right now and as with any group of like-minded individuals the loud voices of a few minority do not always reflect the views of the majority. the governments and, as they say, The Powers That Be (TPTB), leave a lot of things that don't add up or there are a lot of unexplained things that simply cannot or WILL NOT be explained by those in power to do so. that of course leads one, imo, to assume a variety of things.
        there are those that would rather not assume and go along on their merry way...this may be fine for them but say there is a danger or whatever...twiddling your thumbs and living in denial will get you...well, a variety of things wink
        for those who do look into and try to pick apart some of the more alarming theories, well, we are grouped in with absolute psychotics to the average person's perspective...oh well. LOL 
        who is really to blame, i'll say again, are those in power that are obviously hiding "something" maybe not all the scary, horrifying plots that many people are beginning to believe (who blames them with their reasons and lack of explanations?? not me) but the fact is things are being hidden.

7. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 14 years ago

I've heard that one (but have never seen any smile

Stay out of the sewers!

1. profile image0
        Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And here I thought you were a gentleman smile

8. I am DB Cooper profile image63
    I am DB Cooperposted 14 years ago

I don't think anyone needs to be "blamed" for conspiracy theories. Conspiracies do happen. You're always going to have people who have wild interpretations of historic events. Sometimes these people are politically motivated. The makers of Loose Change, for instance, clearly had an anti-Bush, anti-US government agenda. Watch the first edition of Loose Change and you'll see some pretty wacky theories about 9/11, like saying it was actually a rocket that hit the Pentagon and the planes that hit the WTC towers were not commercial flights but rather windowless drone planes that were remotely controlled. As each and every one of their theories was debunked, they picked up new theories that were harder to debunk. Last I knew, the Loose Change crowd was moving away from their early claims and instead focusing on the possibility that WTC 7 was brought down by demolition. Clearly these are people who had an agenda before they had the facts.

9. Siotosh profile image61

Could we be over looking a conspiracy theory: In the present economical climate do you think that the Toyota crisis could be conspiracy. Is this industrial espionage at work, and if so, who would you point the finger at.

Software development. smile

2. Rayalternately profile image60
      Rayalternatelyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Pointy Haired Boss from Dilbert got a new job at Toyota, that's all big_smile

1. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

10. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

In my opinion, MANY conspiracy theories are perpetuated by individuals that do not receive enough validation and sense of belonging via regular, healthy relationships.

i.e. "I'm important and superior now because I have top secret information!"

I would someday like to write a paper on the psychology of conspiracy theories.

1. Sab Oh profile image54
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You hit the nail right on the head!

11. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

Like mikelong said, just look at Operation Northwoods.
    If that doesn't jar you nothing will.

12. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I think conspiracy theories are all a conspiracy. smile

13. jiberish profile image80
    jiberishposted 14 years ago

I used to think micro chips for humans was a conspiracy
    until this week when I read that the FDA just approved them, and they can be administered to children with or without parental approval.

1. double_frick profile image59
      double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

these chips are actually in products we already buy today at places like walmart from brands like johnson and johnson to drop a couple names. oh yeah, gilette. bongo. again, to name a few. there are many more.
      there is one company that actually made a powder form of this chip...and the chip normally in our products are so small they could be the period at the end of a sentence on the package. hmm
      and yes, i have seen news reports where, i think in florida, parents were putting these in their kids. many people chip their dogs. rich people chip themselves with their credit cards for convenience. i've heard they want to make soldiers get one...
      this is just one of many that are TRUE. but is is malicious, or just technology? this is where i blame TPTB that choose to (at least until recently) pretend people are CRAZY until *BAM* there it is. its like celebs saying they aren't pregnant for 4 months only to find, *gasp* they had twins.

1. jiberish profile image80
        jiberishposted 14 years agoin reply to this

These new chips are for HUMANS, and have been injected into over 1000 people already.

14. Siotosh profile image61

Hit the nail right on the head
    That's was my theory, but now it's a proven fact. This is just another theory, many of the people that respond to forums topics are not humans. Have you notice they never sleep, we should give credit to the software developers. Have you also notice this topic response have double in less than 12 hours. Do you think hubpages should be redirecting funds to my bank, for keeping the lonely souls active lol

15. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

When I get old I want to be chipped with a homing device. smile

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

stop it I say stop lol

now where can we go battle?

Looking..... lol

16. Steve 3.0 profile image64
    Steve 3.0posted 14 years ago

I have seen someone post in a forum a completely false allegation and a few weeks later someone was claiming it to be a fact.  I think sometimes we read something that was made up and forget it was made up later and think it was real.  This might account for a lot of conspiracy theories being taken more seriously than they should be.

17. Siotosh profile image61

Do you think we are from day one, indoctrinated to accept conspiracy theories. For example Christians often say it is written, and if it is written, it's facts. People that say they are Christians on Hubpages are not Christians, they are conspirators. It's a conspiracy orchestrated by satanic forces design to promote the republicans and undermine Obama roll

1. Arthur Fontes profile image75
      Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And no theories here huh LOLOLOL

1. Siotosh profile image61
        Siotoshposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I assume you have tangible proof LOLOLOL

18. cheaptrick profile image73
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

54th state.You forgot about Mexico and Canada.
    "I'm not taken in buy Stories I have Heard.
    I just read the Daily News and Swear buy Every Word"
                    STEELY DAN

1. Siotosh profile image61
      Siotoshposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you got the Sun: It would have included Cuba, and all other Caribbean island lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)