I was asked to write a Hub on this discustung topic

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Harvey Stelman profile image60
    Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years ago

Why would Hub allow a question like the one below to be asked? The e-mail came to me as a REQUEST by a fellow Hubber. This person (moslemshit) has written NO Hubs and has No followers. I do not think this is proper for this site.

How many of you have received a request like this? There are many scenarios I can think of for a person to do this.

don't you agree that the only good moslem is a dead moslem?
    And how the hell did the USA allow so many of them across the border? Why do we worry about illegal Mexicans when we have so many illegal Moslems in the US?

asked by moslemshit 6 hours agoflag

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Harvey, do you really think it would be possible for HubPages to check every single question BEFORE it's posted? 

There is a flag button.  Use it.

1. darkside profile image66
        darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Instead Harvey decided to use the 'Post a new topic' button.

Three times.

2. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

The first question is wayyy radical.
    The next two are rather legitimate questions.

1. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The first question is not radical in any way - it is pure hate. The other statements are pure racism - as is the whole disgusting thing in its entirety and it should not be allowed a place anywhere.

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope.
        The second questions are valid questions.  Questions I myself would love to have our government answer.
        Now, whether the person who asked those questions is racist,  I dunno.
        But they are valid when taken at face value.

3. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Let's not feed the hate any more.

4. Sara Tonyn profile image61
    Sara Tonynposted 14 years ago

No need to share hate mail from an ignorant bigot. You did exactly what the fool wanted you to do -- posted it for all to see.

And for some reason you felt the need to post it in three separate forums to boot.

And you responded to it when the question was posted in the "Day of the Dead". Hmm.

Anyway, just delete it and move on.

(I'm curious, how did you know the question was meant for you? It isn't directed specifically at you or anyone else. But you answered it as if it were asked of you.)

Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sara,

You aseem to follow me everywhere now, always calling me a bigot. You asked me for proof, and I asked for your e-mail address, as you wished. I haven't gotten it.

You told me you've read my Hubs, and they show what a bigot I am. Which Hubs and what didd I write.

You have the audacity to call me a bigot, yet I do not get inflamatory with you.

I wrote you about starting a charity, community service, helping the elderly at a retirement center and more.

I told yo to ask certain Hubber's that are well known about me, such AEvans or lyricsingray. Your response was; "I don't need to do that, I can see with my own eyes what you've written.

On the Hub I wrote about it, some people thanked me. I am fairly new to Forums, and I thought I would warn others.

You have only one eye to read with (so it looks), maybe you missed something.

1. Sara Tonyn profile image61
        Sara Tonynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're doing it again, Harvey. Going to post on 3 or 4 more threads? Pick one spot if you want to debate seriously. If you want to keep running, you're wasting my time.

5. G Miah profile image79
    G Miahposted 14 years ago

Discustung, very! Lol.

Moslemshit sounds like a person who is full of hate. Ignore the person and don't anything about it.

6. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 14 years ago

Any one can send a mail to a hubber if he has chosen so in his profile. If one does not want to get a mail, he or she can opt so in profile.

If you do not want such mails you can simply spam those at your mail.

Any one can ask a question to a writer and request to write a hub. This is an opportunity for a hubber. If you do not like those questions simply ignore those.

Please do not spread hatred.
    Thanks,
    Jyoti Kothari

7. Harvey Stelman profile image60

To All,

You can blame me for whatever you want to, this was my first time encountering this. Am I doomed to be chastized for wanting to warn others.

If so, you people are not what I thought you were.

1. profile image0

In my opinion you are quite wrong Harvey - you should not have put such offensive stuff on here in the first place, any reasonable balanced person would know this. And the reply that considered some of the questions valid is in the same category.

Statements of hate like that are clearly offensive to anyone.

china,

What if they use them on you first. The Hub I wrote about this e-mail got one persons dander-up.

1. profile image0

Why pass them on ?  Why make them more public and give them more exposure? Leaving them sitting there like a pile of manure stinking the place up while you talk on is just giving them exposure.  You should man-up at least and tell us how much you agree with this grubby hate filled little message and what value you see in airing them.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image67
            IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very well said China Man.  I totally agree with this point of view on the matter.

2. Harvey Stelman profile image60

china,

Please don't tell me to "man-up." I believe even the negative mail I received has been answered to everyone's understanding.

2. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are ways with dealing with such correspondence, click on the link at the bottom of the email that says report (or words to that effect).

Making 3, let me repeat that, three threads about it is not how to handle it.

dark,

I'm not a kid, I'm learning how this is handled today. Years ago I would have suggested a meeting.

3. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love you Harvey.big_smile

sneak,

Thanks man , some kids just don't understand how things used to be handled. I'm even asked to, "man-up!" I don't think they know what that used to mean.

1. profile image0

Man-up  ?    It means grow up, be a man - and admit that you are using this childish, second hand and transparent way of propagating moronic hatred.

8. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Harvey, Although it is a valid question just like Marisa said flag it! I do not have any problem with flagging questions such as those. smile

AE,

At my age I just wanted to warn others that can't handle this. I find my lack of sophistication on this matter was the problem.

I like a real pic of you.

9. Sara Tonyn profile image61
    Sara Tonynposted 14 years ago

@china man I agree with you 100%. Thank you for speaking up. smile

@darkside Agreed! And as china man said, any reasonable person would know better than to do that. I mean, unless there was an ulterior motive. Just sayin'.

@IntimatEvolution Yep, me too. And I like your new avatar! big_smile

@AEvans Yes, that's all that had to be done. smile

Sara,

I believe we've settled this.

10. Harvey Stelman profile image60

Sara,

You asked me for the original e-mail from Hub, I sent it to you. Then you asked if we can write personally, I wrote you. I haven't gotten a reply.

1. Sara Tonyn profile image61
      Sara Tonynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You misread what I wrote. I didn't ask if "we can write personally". lol

Doesn't matter now anyway. I'm done with this.

(Please don't use the forum to ask me anything else cuz I'm not going to keep looking for this old thread. Thank you.)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)