I Can't Do 30 in 30 but I am going to shoot for 10 in 4

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)
  1. whcobb profile image85
    whcobbposted 14 years ago

Well... I had thought about the 30 in 30 challenge but never got around to it for various reasons. With me being in Iraq, my time is divided amongst many, many things and therefore, I do not get to make it online every day. However, I really wanted to do 30 in 30 so I had to make myself a compromise... I am going to do 10 hubs in the next 4 days and see what I can learn from it. Friday, I will be losing my internet access because of a mission change here in Iraq. I really want to learn some secrets and adjust my hubs/content accordingly as this is a fairly decent project for me to continue to work on; I feel as though my time is very worthwhile because any income I will earn will go directly to my church, charity, and my children's trust funds/savings accounts. I look forward to critiques and advice to assist me in earning. I will update daily.

Quick Note: Yesterday, I had one of the best days for traffic in my hubpages time with 40 hits... Didn't earn anything from Adsense though. To date, just over two months, I have earned just over $76.00 but the earning has dropped to a penny here and a penny there. I hope that this 4 day challenge will allow me to learn a few things and get some advice to assist in possibly earning $3-$4 per day; Not asking for much.

William Cobb

"What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul?"

1. alexandriaruthk profile image68
      alexandriaruthkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good luck to you!!

whcobbposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks

2. oktavita profile image60
      oktavitaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good luck! I too have a lousy internet connection and can't make hubpages very often because of the slow connection. My hubs didn't generate any cents yet, I'm still learning.

2. whcobb profile image85

Two hubs down on my first day... Should have a third up later and possibly a fourth. I may actually go well about the 10 in 4 challenge I gave myself. Already started to notice increased traffic and ad clicks. Earned a bit over a dollar yesterday.

3. whcobb profile image85

I deleted and redid a hub today along with the other 2 hubs I have written today. I also updated my Aviara Life hub and checked it on Google with the keywords "aviara life" and discovered that my page is #1 even outpacing the company's main page... So happy about that one. A good friend of mine is a co-founder of the company and I must say, he has a winner in this one... The products are great. Anyway... Got a couple more hubs in the works today and will have them posted a little later on.

4. whcobb profile image85

Just over 90 cents for adsense earnings on the first full day... I have posted 5 new hubs in the first day and a half. I had the largest single day of pageviews today. I am really having fun and enjoying this. I believe that I will definitely go over 10 in 4... I think I will actually get more like 13 or 14 in 4 days... I really wish I could do 30 in 30 because I feel like I could get 60 or so out. I am getting more and more followers with more coming in just the past 2 days than the entire month of January... These challenges are great and I am learning a bunch from them. I have 3 hubs in the works right now that should be posted a little later on today. I will keep you updated on the progress.

Things I have done differently: Targeted higher paying keywords. Added more keywords in the hub article itself. Stuck to 2-3 hubs per day mentality. Focused on more direct content. Stopped adding so much emphasis to bolding the keywords within the articles. I studied the more successful hubs, or at least hubs of the more successful earners and got a lot of information which I will share upon completion of my 10 in 4 challenge.

Things I have kept the same or improved: Positive attitude. Attempting to keep hubs between about 300-500 words.

HubPages Adsense Earnings:
    Day 1: $1.90+
    Day 2: $0.90+

William Cobb

5. whcobb profile image85

Day 3 saw more and more traffic coming into my site but no big changes... I started a new hubpages fan page on facebook... Just go to Facebook and search for the fan page by searching hubpages fan... There's about 9 members right now and I'm looking for more... Let's get the word out about hubpages. Only netted a few cents yesterday and was unable to get the hubs out I wanted to get out because of a couple of issues I was having (internet)... Anyway... I did some more research yesterday and did a lot of reading by sunforged who is a bit of an idol to me, if you can call it an idol... I have one more day for my 10 in 4 and I have only posted 5 hubs... I think I will just barely miss my goal but I am going to work hard not to.

Day 3: A few cents....

William Cobb

6. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Do what you can and I wish you all of the best! smile

whcobbposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you... I am working hard on a couple more to post... I have been getting a massive increase in traffic as long as I stay active reading others and posting comments... Yesterday, I didn't get much time to do anything and therefore could not comment... I noticed my numbers were way down. Anyway... I hope that once I move out on this new mission, my numbers won't slip that much... I am hoping to get a few new hubs up that continuously get traffic and they help keep momentum going... We'll see.

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good luck, it sounds like you're off to a great start.  I admire your determination.  Nice to meet you!

7. whcobb profile image85

Well... In 4 days, I managed 6 hubs... I am working on a couple of hubs that I plan on posting... Honestly, I have been fairly busy but I am still plugging along to get my goal. The 4 day challenge I gave myself still has about 6 hours to go and I think that I may actually be able to pull off 4 more hubs. I am going to do what I can to do a couple of quality hubs with good content and high paying keywords to make my goal... I think that I can do this and I am actually pretty sure of it.

Updates:
    I have been including more backlinks on my other sites and blogs as well as other blogs, facebook, etc. I started a fan page on Facebook to get fans and more exposure for not only my hubs but hubpages in general. I have noticed a little more traffic with that additional plug there. I have not noticed much adsense revenue but I feel that the more hubs I get out there and the more that start showing up on Google searchpages, the more money that will come. Again, I am not in it for the money because I know that I will not have the time to put the kind of effort into this that it would take to earn a decent living. However, I would like to get what I learned out there for others who want to make some good money online. The difference in my processes and others' is that I do not want people to have to pay for this knowledge... Advertisers will always be there and always willing to pay, regardless.

Adsense earnings:
    Day 3: A few cents....
    Day 4: Nothing yet...

William Cobb

8. whcobb profile image85

Well... In just 4 days, I managed 6 hubs due to limited time because of mission preparations here in Iraq. Now... In my 10 in 4 challenge, I was able to lern a few things....

1.The more active you are here, the more money you make. In 4 days, I have had the largest earnings in a week span with just over $4.40, next to the $11 week I had after first starting. However, That was made around Christmas time so the traffic would have hit higher because of a few of the hubs I had were geared for that. However, after that, with limited activity, the traffice and earnings decreased. Now, with this 4 day challenge, I was able to understand what I have actually said works, the more you interact with people on here, the more activity you will have to your site. So... what I said in my Earning from Hubpages hubs is true... Network, network, network... Comment on other hubs and converse with other hubbers and you will gain a following along with more traffic and more revenue.

2.Create backlinks and use your URL trackers.  I have noticed that via my URL trackers, I have had over 450 hits going from my hubs to other hubs and pages with Adsense. I am sure that I have received revenue from those as there was one day I had no clicks but still earn a few cents.

3.Keywords are key. Use Google Adwords Keyword Tool... It helps... Sort words by highest paying and use those in your keywords for your pages. For more information, just check out my Earning from Hubpages Hub 1 & 2... Also, search hubpages for hubs on keywords... You will have a ton to choose from and the majority of them are highly accurate in their information.

4.Study the layouts of other hubs and webpages of the more successful hubbers... The Keyword Academy is probably a good place to start. I am not crazy about paying for information that I am sure I can discover on my own but if you don't have time to research a lot, then by all means, pay these guys... They are good. Plus, it's only $1 the first month and about $33 per month afterwards. These guys are fairly well versed in online money making ideas and plans and will help you out. If you want to study some of their hub work, work that is probably similiar to the work used in a 30 in 30 challenge to net about $4,000, then search for hubber, Courtney Tuttle... Or you can check the hubbers I follow... He is one I am following. You should definitely have someone to model yourself after and either of the Keyword Academy folks would work to include their students.

5.Attitude is everything and also the key to success... A positive attitude will take you a long way in online money making businesses. Stay positive and good things will happen. I plan on doing another 10 hubs... This time, I am shooting for 2 days for 10 hubs... We'll see what happens... I will let you know when it will start.

Take care and good luck... I enjoyed this one... I strongly recommend hub challenges to everyone.

William Cobb

9. whcobb profile image85

Well... A quick update... I have started seeing a steady flow of earnings from just the new hubs I started during my 10 in 4 challenge to myself... I must say, the more active you are and the better quality, the more likely you are to have people come back for more and they are more willing to click... The traffic is now steady and constant at about 60 per day and I expect that once I get to a stable location and can write another 30 or so good contented hub, I will be able to make steady income from the hubs, even if it is only $100 a month or so...

Anyway... Best tip is for you to stay motivated and keep a positive attitude... Look at those hubbers who are successful and you will find what you need... Mimic them and it will help you earn. Good hubbing to all...

During my challenge, I generated a little over $10 in the one week since that first hub I posted.

William Cobb

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)