My hub expired. Should I unpublish it or rewrite it?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (21 posts)
  1. wyanjen profile image71
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

I have a hub about a product recall. There was a rebate program, and I linked to the form that was needed to get your money back if you had purchased the product.

The program expires tomorrow. Do you think I should rewrite it a little bit, take out that link, and leave it published? I'm thinking, maybe it could stay up as an article that explains why the product got recalled.

Or, should I just go ahead an unpublish it like yesterday's old news?
    You can't use an old hub to line a birdcage or wrap up fish. tongue

1. Faybe Bay profile image65
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Which one is it, I went and tried to find it. If there is a recall sometimes people don't know? I would rewrite and republish.

2. profile image0
      rhartlandsbergposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would say that if you feel confident that an edited version of it could be useful to any number of people than it might be worth tweaking it a bit and republishing it. If it's a stretch though, if you find it difficult to make it relevant than I would scrap it or maybe try using bits of it in a more general hub about recalls.

Good luck!

wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmmm
        Maybe I'll turn it into a rant about BS marketing and the lack of common sense...

lol

1. profile image0
          rhartlandsbergposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like a good plan to me. It's a big topic right now.

3. drej2522 profile image69
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd say..."I don't know, but I like pizza."

helpful? smile

2. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

that's a tough one, I'm not sure what to say, sorry except hi love big_smile

3. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

I don't write about things that are so pointedly dated, just so I don't ever have this issue, and because I'd like my Hubs to have good, long-term earning potential.

Do with it as you wish, not as the rest of us wish, since you're the one who will be having to do the work.

4. wyanjen profile image71

The hub is about DVDs that were marketed to new parents. Y'know, the ones that claimed your toddler could be speaking French before she masters walking? tongue

Relache: yup, I don't even really like doing seasonal hubs. This was for a HubMob, and it was a topic that I know NOTHING about. As I was researching, I stumbled onto this rebate program and got ticked off. lol I hate when people get taken advantage of.

Hi Kimberly!

Okay, I can tell you I almost purchased your baby can read, a similar spin might be to rewrite that one, adding in this"NEW" spin, that guarantees your baby will read faster and all the hype associated. Show both sides, and if this new deal is better then promote it and make some sales.

I must say when I called for the free trial they made me feel like the worst grandma in the history of the planet when I decided the price was too high. They wanted me to give them credit card information and then I could cancel or save big bucks while skipping the free trial.

wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile
        that won't happen
        As a matter of fact this particular hub caused a fight with one of my oldest friends. smile

I wouldn't promote ANY brand of this nonsense. Children under two should not watch TV at all. But if they do watch, they won't learn how to read or speak a second language.

I read two studies that show children whose parents focused on "pre-reading" skills read at the exact same level as the little ones whose parents did nothing more than engage them by playing with toys.

A brain grows as fast as it will grow - there are no shortcuts.

Your comment - that they made you feel like a bad grandparent - is exactly what I get ticked off about. You want your little ones to have every benefit, as we all do. This aggressive BS marketing is taking advantage of that quality. They use pressure and guilt.

smile

OK - this post is the short form of my "new" hub. smile
        Thanks!

Exactly! There was even a toothbrush craze a few years ago, some sonic sterilizing thing! I called, thinking it would be great and ended up getting raked over the coals by the sales rep when I couldn't afford it! I ended up having to purchase a totally cool set called Attacking Anxiety and depression because I was turned inside out by the other sales people. I truly was so traumatized that I bought the other because A) I needed it and B) they were so nice to me, plus they extended my payment plan time and again, saying they wanted me well and i would never get there if they hounded me for money.

Oh maybe they have an affiliate marketing pan? I might have a new hub too. smile

5. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Keep it up for historical reasons? smile

6. darkside profile image67
    darksideposted 14 years ago

I'd be inclined to delete it.

7. Internetwriter62 profile image80
    Internetwriter62posted 14 years ago

I know it is hard to sacrifice a hub, after all a lot of research and work goes into each and every hub. On the other hand, if you can't recycle your hub, by rewriting it, then it may be best to save it on a disk, delete it from hub pages, but save the format for another hub of a similar nature, that way your hard work does not go to waste.

8. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I'ld say edit it, just mention that the rebate is over!

9. Jayne Lancer profile image92
    Jayne Lancerposted 14 years ago

I'd re-write it as an article and leave it up. Whether it will be of any use to anyone, I'm not sure. Maybe for reference. Who knows? But it surely won't do any harm being left.

10. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 14 years ago

What a waste. You put all your hard work into it. The least you can do is rewrite it to bring it up to date and give it some 'life' going forward. Deleting it will lose all your prior effort. Why waste that?

11. Ladybird33 profile image65
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

Keep it, make your changes and keep it.  Never delete your work smile

12. wyanjen profile image71

Thanks for your thoughts guys smile

I will rewrite it and put it back up. I didn't plan far enough ahead, so the URL is not ideal.
    Some of the hub is garbage, but some of it - I want to keep around. big_smile

oh! yeah, I like pizza too, oh Leopardy One.

13. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 14 years ago

Don't worry about the URL.  You can change the title if you need to. You can also change the category and the group you placed it in. Or even create a new group for it. And don't forget to change the tags if necessary.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)