Okay guys I have 21 hubs in 4 days Criticize me! (especially content!)

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (31 posts)
  1. brianzen profile image59
    brianzenposted 14 years ago

I am asking not for adoration but for honesty what do you think of my material?

brianzenposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    2. Faybe Bay profile image63
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I 'll be checking them out Brianzen. I thought I told you about this before, maybe it was someone else. I am always trying to get people to post in the correct thread. I gave up and started sending e-mails.

Oh I was asking about the newer stuff,

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

You asked me to check out your hubs.

However, no one within HubPages is going to be willing to check out 21 in one shot. That was the reason I told you to post a link in the other forum.

Please select up 3 hubs for review at most. Whichever you want reviewed. Yes, I realize you want them all reviewed? However, what you are told about the ones you put forth, can be used as a guideline for others.

So, I'll say it again. Post at least 3 links for review. Thank you.

Sorry I got an important call, My bad.

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not a problem wink

Okay, you know I am all about the brownies, so you know I read that one. Before you posted these links I read and commented on another one, it was about pushing through failure, which I really needed so thank you.

Now as an editor, i looked at these three. I have a friend who writes like you do, intense, passionate and with your own voice. It sounds as if you are actually there coaching. That is great as you are a coach.

Layout wise, you need to look. Some of your sentences are indented to a point where it starts halfway across the page. Some of your sentences don't line up.

I am not detracting from your work, believe me I am no critic. What I am is a reader. i will read it however you put it out there, but to be taken seriously as a writer, you need to make sure your spaces, sentences capitalization and so on are correct. I could read your hubs all day long, but if you want to get into the status of a Nelle Hoxie, who makes a lot of money after only a year, then you need to read some hubs by the pros, and then look at yours with a fresh eye.

Thank you so much so it isn't awful. That is wonderful to hear from you, I really like yours as well.

3. Cagsil profile image71

This hub looks a mess.

http://hubpages.com/hub/meditations-2

(a) You have paragraphs that are not properly formatted.
    (b) You don't have enough keywords/tags(9-15 recommended)
    (c) You've written everything in one capsule.
    (d) You've not written enough- meaning it is too short. Hubs should be about 800-1200 words or more.

I like the topic of meditation, for which, I pay no mind to, because it borderlines mysticism, but it was an interesting read.

Got it, Thanks!

4. Cagsil profile image71

This one is a mess, like the other. smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hardcore-meditation

All same related issues. wink

Yes I think I need to work on how I break them up, I never got the hang of it. but still great advice thank you very much!

So the call was actually just a false alarm my aunt thought she had a prowler, My shoes are soaked now and it was just some kid looking for his dog.

I went and found the Numero uno guy on the list and an exercise hb as example for you.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Maintaining-Wei … h-Exercise

Thank you so much, I really mean it that's so nice!

5. Cagsil profile image71

Believe it or not, it wouldn't be too much trouble, but check out some of this forum thread, at some of the critiquing done on other people's hubs and see if you can notice the changes people have made, by the advice given out.

That might help you out too. smile Good luck. Need anymore, come to this forum. Not necessarily this thread, but you could use this one again I suppose. smile

Hey thanks again brother, By the way I actually am reading yours too. (in case you were curious,) and I wonder if I am on to something here? Do you actually know most of these people who are commenting? where is the "outside commenter's?" area or can only hubbers comment?

1. Faybe Bay profile image63

Anyone can comment. Sign out and go to a page, to comment you have to put in a name is all. My Uncle comments sometimes.

Again thank you.

2. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Most of the time I see people commenting on my hub, for which, I already know. Every so often I get others, who I don't really know. There are not too many comments I get from outsiders of HubPages.

So far, the 5 comments I've received from outside sources were completely and thoroughly rude/abusive, so they were deleted.

I refuse to put people anger words on my hub. I'm not an idiot or a moron, nor am I filled with an ego the size of Texas. I do at times come across like that, but I chalk it up to other people's subjective view or bias. Which, makes no difference on my writing.

I am sorry I really like your topics, you are a great writer and people are too opinionated to appreciate it. Your stuff rocks

6. princess g profile image60
    princess gposted 14 years ago

I like your writing style. It's refreshing and real.

Thank you and I love your art.

7. profile image0
    stay_home_mommy3posted 14 years ago

Hi
    I'm not a professional, so the mistakes I see are probably the same ones I make
    You wright well, you have passion, and I think for many that's the hard part.  So, that's awesome.
    I agree that the hub I read was somewhat messy, which will make a reader not want to read it.  Also, some of your sentences are kind of long, but that might be a personal thing.  I think that the grammatical part of writing can be aweful to figure out.  One thing I do that helps me, is when you start a new thought, put that in a new calpsule. 
    Anyway, keep writing, you are doing an awesome job!

Thank you so much!

1. Faybe Bay profile image63

And as usual all the ladies flocking in. I told you, you are a good writer, we got the message. The rest is all marketability. You write with a voice we can hear in our heads, that's the most important part. It sounds like you're talking to us, not at us.

I am just astonished as I really only ever wrote poetry when I was young, and a few handwritten books that I never did much with so this is all high praise to me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)