Whats your favorite type of dog?

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (53 posts)
  1. dogluver1 profile image59
    dogluver1posted 14 years ago

My favorite is a Labrador. And you?

1. Rayalternately profile image61
      Rayalternatelyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

a hot one, with mustard! big_smile

dogluver1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol good one!

2. profile image51
      priyapandey3108posted 14 years agoin reply to this

mine pom

3. politicsdaylee profile image60
      politicsdayleeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

dachshund ,der weener dog! That's one Good pupox!

4. profile image0
      woolman60posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Brussels Griffen

5. profile image57
      justinaltarposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think pummerian breed is better...
      http://www.articlesbase.com/health-arti … 51144.html

2. AshleyNikole profile image68
    AshleyNikoleposted 14 years ago

I can not choose one breed of dog, but to narrow it down,
    I like the Great Dane, English Setter, Dalmatian, Neopolitian Mastiff, Pembroke Welsh Corgi, and Basset Hounds. Thanks for asking! smile

Cool. smile

2. politicsdaylee profile image60
      politicsdayleeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yea I have a lab pit mix, I picked him up stray (or did he pick me) I think some one abandon him. hes a good pup too.
      ............hes also a dog food eating machine! ...........lol

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

GREAT DANE! I've bred, owned, trained, and handled many dog breeds, but my all time fave is the Dane. I've written several hubs about these wonderful dogs, including my own two!

My mom loves those too! smile

2. Michael Willis profile image67
      Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am with you Habee. Danes all the way.

4. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

one that isn't in my house!  smile

as for fave breed, hhmmm, I would have to say Rottweiler (I used to have one), Brussels Griffon (my daughter has 2), Scottish Terrier (wanted one ever since I saw Lady & the Tramp).

smile

5. pddm67 profile image61
    pddm67posted 14 years ago

German Shepherd - I've had 2 and luv the breed.

cool

6. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Cocker Spaniels we have 3 ,cute cuddly and wonderful with children! I love German Sheperds to we had 2 of them growing up. smile

1. pddm67 profile image61
      pddm67posted 14 years agoin reply to this

My friend had a cocker spaniel. Her name was Champagne. She was so adorable  - and frendly too smile

2. dogluver1 profile image59

awesome! smile

7. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

The Funniest and most Self Indulgent Dog that I have ever seen in this world is: The Two Minute Terrier. yikes

8. marinealways24 profile image58
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

big_smile Do I really need to answer?

9. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

a doberman, my best memory of a dog is being 3 years old and taking naps with a doberman named roxy. she would protect me while i slept. she acted as if i was her pup. we would play for hours. too bad she got sick(her brainstarted swelling bigger than her skull)her owner refused to have her put to sleep. so one day when my mom took me for a visit roxy bit me. i was still 3 at the time. i had to have 8 stitches in my head. the funny thing is i can't remember the pain of the bite or the stitches. the pain of losing my best friend has stayed with me always. i know if there is a dog heaven she must surely be there. at least she is not suffering any more. her owner didn't want to lose her either but when roxy turned on me she knew there was no getting better and did the right thing.

smile

10. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Snoopy

11. Isabelle22 profile image60
    Isabelle22posted 14 years ago

A dagwood dog smile

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/81/258103484_4d6ccccba0.jpg

1. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jesus.....!!!?? What the hell is that!!?

1. Isabelle22 profile image60
        Isabelle22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

A Dagwood dog or Pluto Pup lol they are divine. smile smile
        Haven't you tried one LMAO?

1. waynet profile image68
          waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No...it looks like Oprah Winfreys Dildo!! lol!

1. Isabelle22 profile image60
            Isabelle22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Haha smile smile smile smile

12. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Best type of dog to get - ever - is a border collie. Only trouble is walking with them they keep trying to herd you!
    They walk round your legs half the time!

13. Fluffymetal profile image75
    Fluffymetalposted 14 years ago

a good ol' stray who is just thankful you kept him

14. Chosha profile image60
    Choshaposted 14 years ago

Golden Retriever, German Shepherd, Bernese Mountain Dog and anything resembling a Husky (I blame my boyfriend for that!). Oh and Australian Shepherds. I'm a sucker for any big dog breed really. The small ones give me headaches though, too yappy.

15. west40 profile image61
    west40posted 14 years ago

I am a big Golden Retriever fan - I currently have three - one when my son thought that when he went to college our first one would be lonely without him, number two came around when the first one passed away and the other one was lonely.  Now number three came along when my daughter had to buy herself a dog and then moved out and left the dog!! 

I love it though - I won't have three dogs again though it is hard to walk them all at the same time.

16. gracenotes profile image90
    gracenotesposted 14 years ago

A poodle of any kind.  Very intelligent breed.  Loyal and flexible.  They love everyone -- at least my toy poodle does.

Another smart breed (almost too smart and manipulative and stubborn) is the miniature schnauzer.  They are very funny, comical representatives of the terrier group.  I've got a salt and pepper MS!

The Rottweiler is one of the most beautiful canines I have ever seen, although I've never owned one.

17. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Purebred German rottweiler.  Loyal, gentle, intelligent, protective and overall they make the best buddies.

18. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

We have always had such great luck with just mutts, adopted from the Humane Society. Right now we have a mix Blue Healer and Aussie Shepard. What a smart loving dog. smile

1. Beth100 profile image69
      Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey K!  I have to agree with you...I had a blue from the SPCA, and he was just adorable.  smile

19. gracenotes profile image90
    gracenotesposted 14 years ago

Hehehe.  Very interesting.  All of the dogs I like are German in origin.  The poodle ("pudel") may be the national dog of France, but it was bred and developed originally in Germany.

20. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 14 years ago

I must cast my vote for the pug.  They're just absurd.  And adorable! lol

1. profile image0
      QuincyDaWonderDogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

bless you smile

21. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 14 years ago

American Eskimo and Mini Daschund. Our Daschhund was the most loveable patient dog ever.

22. C. Loudermilk profile image60
    C. Loudermilkposted 14 years ago

Jack Russel Terrier
    German Shepard Dogs are a close second

23. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 14 years ago

Yorkie!  I have two.  All dogs are awesome.

24. Greek One profile image62
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

Hot

25. camo3166 profile image61
    camo3166posted 14 years ago

GERMAN SHEPARDS are very smart animals. I own a purebreed female. She is amazing in every way. I never had any problems with obedience and she is very loving toward people and children. I hope that helps!!!

Adopting a animal is also amazing

26. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e5/Dogge_Odin.jpg

Great Danes Baby!!!

27. profile image0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

I like mutts.

1. Cathi Sutton profile image68
      Cathi Suttonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have two Chow-Chows, and a half Chow-half wolf, but my favorite is Rat Terrier!  I had a Ratty and he was the dinkiest dog of all dinky dogs!  I still miss him!

28. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

I pretty much like all dogs except little tiny yip,yip,yip dogs.
    I have my Raven she's an Alaskan Malmute! She's talking in this pic!

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1255/006fj.jpg

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aw, she is beautiful!

I am more of a cat person, but I also love dogs.  We had a beautiful golden lab, Sunshine, who was so perfect that I am afraid that I would be disappointed in any other dog.  We will eventually find the right one some day, though.

1. profile image0
        StormRyderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My cat (FatCat) died last year he was sooooo old...poor kitty sad

My Raven is a big sweetheart...she's diabetic and nearly blind. I have to give her insulin injections every 12 hours...but she is one happy girl and loves everyone! smile

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2492/005jrv.jpg

29. pooja0908 profile image61
    pooja0908posted 14 years ago

dogs are scarey

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)