Peeves That Piss you off most!

Jump to Last Post 1-39 of 39 discussions (65 posts)
  1. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

I have 2 starters that "piss" me off:

1. Asinine commercials that beg for money for "troubled animals!" In some countries they eat those cats and dogs to stave off starvation!
    If begging is necessary, do it for the "human animal!"

2.To see billions of dollars being wasted to build or add onto buildings used to praise a mythical god!
    That money could be better used to improve the lives of hurting human beings!
    Preach myth and superstition in a galvanized iron building or in a field on a nice day!

1. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

People who put up threads about serious issues like freedom, integrity, love - and then comment on each post as though they are the arbiter of such things, as though they have any idea of the answer, in a god-like hectoring manner that betrays their intention as much as it illuminates their own narrow mindedness.

2. H.C Porter profile image81
    H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

People that preach kindness and giving-but get to the top, by stepping on others so they can have their preachings heard,

People that keep getting pregnant and having children, but have no job- no want for a job or to better themselves-just live off of welfare and complain that it is society that is keeping them down or even worse, blaming their children for ruining their lives.

1. qwark profile image59
      qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

H.C.

....good ones!

2. Journey2244 profile image60
      Journey2244posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree.

3. mod2vint profile image60
    mod2vintposted 14 years ago

People on a cell phone when standing in line or at a cash register.

4. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 14 years ago

People who are deliberately obtuse, or purposefully misunderstand a statement or gesture just to provoke an argument.

5. profile image0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

People who pick at every mistake to make you sound stupid.

People who refuse to have open minds about anything.

6. H.C Porter profile image81

people who judge, without having a clue about who they are judging

people that are so quick to say what you are doing wrong-rather than help you do what is right

1. skyfire profile image80
      skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

perfect.

7. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

stupidity!!!!

cant stand when people are stupid to the reality of their lives

8. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

the salvation army...
    i had to stay there for a while due to my mental disabilities. i was greatful to them. but one month after i signed in they changed their program. they told me i would have to start attending their church sessions and bible classes or be kicked out. i asked them what happened to my freedom of religion?
    they said i gave it up when i signed the paper for their help. so i left and was homeless for a while. to this day i'm still angry at them for taking away the few rights i had.

9. Faybe Bay profile image65
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

I hate it when Hubbers leave Hub Pages. I may not always spend all my time here, I may get a job, or something better. But here, to leave is just like cutting off a limb.

I am broken enough as it is.

10. Gina Coole profile image60
    Gina Cooleposted 14 years ago

Toilet seats in the upright position and hair in the plughole!

11. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Pinky pisses me off I'd have to say the most, yep, hmmmm

1. profile image0
      pinkyleeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

what the hell

2. Faybe Bay profile image65
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pixars you off? big_smile I love Disney, they own Pee lol

12. Lynda Gary profile image60
    Lynda Garyposted 14 years ago

Hypocrisy drives me insane! 

(Like when someone calls someone else out for being "rude" or for "attacking," when they themselves are frequently rude and the attacker.)  That sort of thing really is annoying!

13. profile image0

missing pinky pisses me off

and off to bed

xo

1. Faybe Bay profile image65

Get some rest, XXOO!

2. profile image0
      pinkyleeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow thought you really meant i pissed you off lmao ... or maybe you do .. lmao hope you get some rest

14. H.C Porter profile image81

The thought behind the 'Tit for Tat' way of doing things. If you dont do this for me, then I wont do this or be this or help you in any way. If you do this for me-then I will TRY to help you out at some point in time. I really hate that!
    Why cant anyone just do things to be nice, and not want anything in return for it?
    Why cant we help out-because we want to make life easier/rather than harder for someone?
    Why are there so few people in this world that one can call on for support-and know that if they receive any type of support or help/ it wont come back and bite you on the a** to repay them for that help-when you may not be in a position to pay them back the way that they are requesting???

15. defenestratethis profile image59
    defenestratethisposted 14 years ago

Tele Evangelists
    Racists
    Neo Nazi's
    Animal Cruelty
    ProLifers
    Homophobes
    Identity Thieves
    Hypocrisy
    Child Abusers
    Elderly Abuse
    Welfare Fraud
    Social Cliques
    Bullies
    People who judge rather than understand
    Pseudo Intellectuals
    Elitists

1. qwark profile image59

Excellent list!

2. Lynda Gary profile image60
      Lynda Garyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Abso-effing-lutely!  Defense, I'm claiming your list as my list, too!  Perfect! Well done!!!

1. defenestratethis profile image59
        defenestratethisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awww thanks guys...yep, great minds think alike

3. Journey2244 profile image60
      Journey2244posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am claiming your list.  Well said~

16. profile image0
    LegendaryHeroposted 14 years ago

Ignorance. Actually its not so much the ignorance but people spouting it off, for example today I was surfing the web and came upon the forums for the movie Avatar and I started reading a thread about why the human military should have won.

The guy who started the thread complained about how the Na'vi should not have been able to go through the bullet proof glass of military vehicles. The people arguing against him were saying that the arrows could go through bulletproof glass because of the force of gravity aiding them. That argument made me want to bash my head through a wall.

http://www.cultofmac.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

1. defenestratethis profile image59
      defenestratethisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol..my friend calls that  'Arrogant Stupidity" (dumb as hell and damn proud of it)

17. profile image0
    Jared in Vegasposted 14 years ago

I hate when kids cuss.  I can understand once they reach high school, but if they're younger than freshman it drives me nuts. And if they smoke, I just want to dump a bucket of water on their head.

18. profile image0
    Pack Secureposted 14 years ago

Hypocrisy is my pet peeve, ticks me off.

19. profile image57
    foreignpressposted 14 years ago

People who take things too seriously -- like on HubPages. This is just a forum to express one's personal opinions. Yet, it seems swords are drawn at the slightest provocation. This is a good place for learning. But nobody's point of view on here will be changed regardless of how rational the opposing argument.

20. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

stupidity, not ignorance, but stupidity.
    sab oh.
    people who think they're better than others.
    people who say "i love jesus" and haven't got a damned clue what they're talking about.
    whiners.
    tattle-tales who can't handle things on their own.
    cruelty.
    dumb drivers.
    slow drivers.
    farmville, mafia wars, hearts, hugs and drinks-on-me.

1. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile  cheeky!

2. profile image57
      foreignpressposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sab's cool. He understands your resentment.

3. qwark profile image59

Pandora, you put some thought into this.
      I agree with you!
      Good list!

21. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

Mordots that vote for politicians because they are 'cute' or are a movie star or because of their race or their gender or their religion.

22. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

NUTTY People... yikes

I don't mean people with disabilities... I mean the lazy, ignorant, screwed up wasted spaces that clearly dropped too much acid or escaped from reality and always seem to want to demonstrate how incredibly thick they are lol

23. profile image0

big_smile

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

PD I'll be in touch my hero. big_smile

24. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Peeves?

Negative reinforcers.
    No call-backs when promised.
    Subliminal bashing.
    Words not backed up by actions.
    Rude customer service.
    Being left 'hanging'.
    Someone disappearing from your life for no apparant reason after reassuring.

1. qwark profile image59

Good, frustrating peeves!  :-)

25. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

double talking back-talk
    manipulation incrimination
    backbiting lies

26. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Cheaters who drive to the of a line and try to cut in!

27. GoTo Gal profile image71
    GoTo Galposted 14 years ago

Gum cracking or popping drives me nuts, especially from a retail clerk.

28. Wayne Orvisburg profile image62
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 14 years ago

When someone asks me a question and then argues with my answer. Why the EFF did you ask?!

29. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

repeating myself, when the dresser drawers get left open, when the shower curtain is not closed all the way.

30. Faybe Bay profile image65
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

Forum spammers

31. profile image0
    SwampDonkeyposted 14 years ago

People that put down swampdonkeys

1. Faybe Bay profile image65

I like swamp donkeys

1. profile image0
        SwampDonkeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are nice.

2. profile image0
      LegendaryHeroposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They smell though...

1. profile image0
        SwampDonkeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Obviously you are SwampDonkey deficient in your knowledge.

32. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

When you go up to a pretty stranger during lunch, ask them nicely for some sex, and they slap you so hard that you have go back to work with a big red mark on your face 
    sad

1. profile image0
      LegendaryHeroposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hate it when that happens!

33. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

I'm peeved at commercials that ask one to buy gold at the highest price it has ever reached by telling you that they bought gold ten years ago and it's tripled in price.
    What fool would buy gold at it's peak price?

1. Obscure Divine profile image62
      Obscure Divineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm peeved by the legal, so-called "prescription drug industry" that claims to have a pill for everything...and I mean an asinine pill for every aspect of life.  Oh, did you sneeze; here, take this pill...  Absolutely, utterly sickening!

1. qwark profile image59

Capitalism hard at work!  :-)

34. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 14 years ago

People who talk on the phone while in the bathroom... and then you can hear them flush.

1. Hokey profile image59
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do this all the time!!! lol lol lol

35. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Pet Peeves?
       The only pets I have are a cat and a horse.

36. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

The "woman" on the automated phone response. smile

37. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

When someone leaves bread crumbs on the counter or worse.  After saying, 'can you please clean your bread crumbs off the counter', he wipes them off onto the floor. errr! lol

People who are too uptight over what other people believe.

When walking my dog, if she doesn't want to walk she sits and wont budge.

Being put on hold by an automated answering machine.

When I go to the store and forget to buy what I went there for in the first place.

38. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Customers that will not stop talking on the phone while at the check out counter in my store.
    Cashiers that will not bag purchases in any store.
    My husbands nurse.
    Kids that just saunter across the road with no concern for tyeing up traffic.
    My cat when he bites my toes while I am sleeping.

39. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Qwarks piss me off; I have never understood them.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)