THE BELIEF IN THE

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (67 posts)
  1. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

Hi friends

Belief in Angels is second article of faith in Islam.

There are six main Articles of faith in Islam :

To believe in the Oneness of Allah.
    To believe in all His Angels.
    To believe in all His Books.
    To believe in all His Prophets.
    To believe in the Day of Resurrection.
    To believe in the Decree of Allah

The existence of angels is a universally accepted doctrine in different countries and different religions. However, they are sometimes discussed under other titles, the distinction being only one of nomenclature. Similarly, the nature of angels is understood differently among the followers of different religions. Islam speaks of angels as celestial beings of a spiritual nature who have their own entity as persons. The major role they play is the transmission of messages from God to human beings. But they are misunderstood by many, even within Islam, as having human shape or some shape and form, which in fact is an inseparable idea from that of material existence. Matter must have shape and a well defined boundary. But spirit lies beyond the five dimensions of man's understanding. One can only believe in the existence of spirit if he is a religious person; otherwise it is beyond his reach to conceive the shape and form of spirits. Perhaps to resolve this problem and to make it easier for man to visualise angels, they are sometimes mentioned in religious books as appearing to holy people in the form of human beings. Not only that; they are also known to have appeared to some messengers of God in the form of certain birds. The Holy Ghost appeared to Jesus in the form of a dove:

As soon as Jesus was baptised, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. (Matthew 3:16)

These various references found in religious books were perhaps largely responsible for the misperceptions about the form and nature of angels prevailing among the adherents of various religions. Out of angels, in some religions, deyotas and gods were created, while the original books may have only mentioned them as agencies specifically created by God for performing certain tasks in the universe; of this we have ample evidence in many divine books. So, it is not unlikely that some people misunderstand the significance of these statements and start treating angels as junior partners of God.

Angels do whatever they are commanded to do by the Creator- God Allah YHWH; they cannot disobey.

http://www.alislam.org/books/study-of-islam/angels.html

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The angels who didn't follow Satan when he fell do God's bidding, yes.  Not Allah's.

There's a book called "Angels Among Us, Separating Truth from Fiction" or "Fact" from fiction......authored by Ron Rhodes.

It has a lot of great info about the nature of angels according to the Word of God.

2. TheGlassSpider profile image63
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Good day, paar. Are your ears burning? Everyone's still talking in the other thread.

1. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What do they talk?

Thanks

1. TheGlassSpider profile image63
        TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They say they are tired of seeing your signature line, and some people say it's offensive. Other people have said insulting things that I'd rather not repeat. Some people seem to want to be angry at you for things they perceive that the Muslim community has done.

All a bunch of nonsense really.

1. profile image51

Can't they mention the religion and the denomination they believe in? What is wrong with that?

Regards

Well...Hmm...typically speaking, most people don't announce their faith when speaking with others (this is from a Western perspective). It seems that people get generally uncomfortable with such things. *shrug*

But I don't see that there's anything wrong with it, really. Other people have other opinions of course. But I didn't even know what the Ahmadi Muslims were until you came along...so I learned something. That's always cool. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

3. Beelzedad profile image58
    Beelzedadposted 14 years ago

So, how did the angel Gabriel appear to Muhammad?

4. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

But - stealing is acceptable in Islam though? This was stolen from here:

http://www.alislam.org/books/study-of-islam/angels.html

It is clearly marked thus:

Copyright © by the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community 1995-2010. All rights reserved.

Usmanali - you are just persuading us that you are a thief. wink

1. profile image51

Thanks for pointing out; I missed to mention it.

My mistake and apopologies.

Regards

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You misunderstood - you have no right to reproduce this and are a  thief regardless of teh link

"All rights reserved"

Cut off your hands now.

Mark...I wish I could reproduce how that sounded in my head...Sort of Terminator-y. Imagine Arnold Schwarzenegger (sp? sorry) saying it....LOL.

2. libby101a profile image60
      libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL! A thief amongst us! I think Paar is following Muhammad's ways!

5. Greek One profile image65
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

Since we are on the subject of angels...

http://redriverautographs.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/charlies-angels-photo-xl-charlies-angels-6233610.jpg

6. TheGlassSpider profile image63

What is "Usmanali"?

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Paarsurrey. smile

LOL...I understand that it's been used in relation to that person...what I'm asking is does that word have a definition or is it a name, or what?

7. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

ok. Parrsurrey, I have to ask: what's the secret to all your energy?!  I mean, starting threads 24/7....and to be able to repeat and repeat AND repeat your arguments over and over again.... I mean, you have to tell us please? Do you eat/sleep/ do anything else? I'm genuinely intrigued now...

1. Greek One profile image65
      Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://doctorsfromthefuture.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/bayer_heroin_bottle.jpg

???????????

1. myownworld profile image73
        myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

*disclaimer: I'm a peaceful hubber who just enjoys a laugh now and then!

2. Obscure Divine profile image60
      Obscure Divineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Paarsurrey is not only suffering from a seminal impediment, he/she may also need some pork & alcohol in its life!!!!  Hence forth, the endless forum posts of poppycock......

1. IntimatEvolution profile image68
        IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ditto that.

2. myownworld profile image73

Noooo way...! you didn't just put sex, wine and 'haram' all in one post! This would kill the poor guy....

1. Obscure Divine profile image60

big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  LOL!

8. Rishy Rich profile image71
    Rishy Richposted 14 years ago

Just to let you guys know what Ahmadi Sect is about:

Founder
    Mirza Ghulam Ahmad founded the movement on 23 March 1889. Ahmadis consider themselves Muslims and claim to practice Islam in its pristine form; however, most mainstream Muslims do not consider Ahmadis to be Muslims

Believe
    Mirza Ghulam Ahmad is the Promised Messiah and Mahdi...Ahmadis believe that Jesus died in Kashmir of old age whilst seeking the Lost Tribes of Israel. Jesus’ remains are believed to be entombed in Kashmir under the name Yuz Asaf. They also believe that Jesus foretold the coming of Muhammad and Muhammad foretold the coming of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad. However, mainstream Muslims consider him an apostate and believe that Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was one of the 30 false claimants to prophethood

World wide scenario

Pakistan

Pakistan has 4 million Ahmadis [58] and is the only state to have officially declared the Ahmadis to be non-Muslims

India

In India, Ahmadis are considered to be Muslims but they are not allowed to sit on the All India Muslim Personal Law Board, a body of religious leaders India's government recognises as representative of Indian Muslims

Indonesia

In 2008, many Muslims in Indonesia protested against the Ahmadiyya movement. Public opinion in Indonesia is split in different ways on how Ahmadiyya should be treated. Most hold it should be banned outright on the basis that it is a heretical and deviant sect that is not listed as an officially recognised religion in Indonesia

IF you google Jesus (1835-1908), you will learn that Mirza was the only person who has claimed to be both, the promised return of Jesus as well as the promised Mahdi.

Islamic tradition has a prophecy of the Mahdi, who will come alongside the return of Isa (Jesus). Heres a short list of people claiming to be the Mahdi: Muhammad Jaunpuri (1443-1505), Báb (1819-1850), Muhammad Ahmad ("The Mad Mahdi") (1844-1885), Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (1835-1908), Sayyid Mohammed Abdullah Hassan (1864-1920), Rashad Khalifa (1935-1990), Juhayman al-Otaibi etc.

1. Rishy Rich profile image71
      Rishy Richposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And dont forget to check Mirza Ghulam Ahmads pics... you will be shocked to see the similarities roll roll

1. profile image51

Hi friend

Pictures of a person are always similiar.

Thanks

9. TheGlassSpider profile image63

I wonder which is more important:

How one considers oneself (how one identifies oneself), or how other people define you? Or is it a matter of either/or...what happens when there is conflict?

Hmm. So many things to think about today.

10. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

paarsurrey: agar tusee punjabi jaantey ho...to bhaai yay threads banaanein chore dein please!!.. hum per reham karien ...sab apaka mazaak urrah rahein hain...!

* that's a HUGE request in a language hopefully he'll understand...

1. profile image51

Hi friend myownworld

Bibi gulbath aur behs wich eh te hunda eay; inan nu muzaq nain karna chaida; eh sanjeeda batcheet eh. Mera baba guru nanak nal bura piyar eh. wahe-guru allahu akbar

I have tolerance for them; they are my friends and brothers. I don't mind.

Thanks

aw...parr bhai...aap ka dil acha hai....jeasay aap kush rahein... smile

* you're  too kind hearted; ok. am giving up...stay happy

1. Rishy Rich profile image71
          Rishy Richposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dil ka achcha hai...magar Dimag ka nahin

lol lol lol

2. Greek One profile image65

Hey.. my best friends are Punjabi... I'm pretty sure you are asking him out on a date, aren't you?

Sasrikal Looooooooooooooooooooooove!!

lol

Ah...Greek god....how did u know?? Nah... too much religious zeal for my liking....!

I'm not a theologian or anything, but I'm pretty sure Guru Nanak would kick someone's arse

yep. the disciple is far too tolerant I'm sure... it's actually killing me!

* hangs head low with shame at her lowly thoughts...

As I used to tell my former Sikh girlfriend “just make me some butter chicken and all will be well”

2. Obscure Divine profile image60

I can't help but notice, you are all about the "arse."  Hmm, now what is all this punjabba/puntane/pudding talk?

you know, I AM Greek

1. Obscurely Diverse profile image61
                Obscurely Diverseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope so...

by ethnic background and social interaction

1. Obscurely Diverse profile image61
                    Obscurely Diverseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, by the force of pattern recognition and social satisfaction...the arse gave light upon thee?

2. profile image51

Hi friend Greek One

I understand that Alexander the Great took some families to his homeland; so many punjabi words are mixed up in that area of Europe.

Thanks

he maybe did.. but I picked it up from my Indian girlfriends smile

2. skyfire profile image80
        skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

ROFL.... OMG...

yikes why, u think I'm not good enough for him?? Even with my best butter chicken recipe??

1. skyfire profile image80
            skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Greek One profile image65

samosas also have a way of bringing people together...

but i find kulfi far too phalic, especially when surved alongside gulab jamun

yikes! I'm done with indian food!

some greek salad please.....

edit: on second thoughts, noo please don't ruin that salad...!

yeah.. souvlaki isnt phalic lol

damit too late! I knew it..... roll

11. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

http://alllowfat.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/powerbar-protein-plus-vanilla-yogurt1.JPG

12. skyfire profile image80

@Paarsurrey, two questions:

1. What paarsurrey means ?
    2. By any remote chance you posted info about this tomb of jesus ?

http://www.tombofjesus.com/index.php?op … ;Itemid=58

1. profile image51

Hi friend skyfire

I think I did not post it here.

Thanks

13. skyfire profile image80

Anyone tried this search engine ? if you enter name of any holloywood celeb or model you'll get haram level of 3. No wonder this search engine went down to maintenance. LOL lol

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2690/imhilal.jpg

14. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

THE BELIEF IN THE ANGELS

The Creator -God Allah YHWH controls the Universe through Angels; who obey His commands.

Thanks

1. profile image53
      elringtonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Angels are angels. They serve us all no matter creed, colour or country. Religous boundries are 'man-made', and therefore obselete in the eyes of the greater beings. I'm sure they'd be disappointed if we started (yet again) wars be they physical or on blogs about petty divides. They're here to help us all... Just embrace it and love it.

15. jess91556 profile image61
    jess91556posted 13 years ago

Angels were created at the dawn of the creation of the material universe. Hence they are referred to as morning stars.They were created by groups, each assigned certain task. There are nine groups of angels in the spirit world namely, Archangels, Angels,Thrones,Principalities,Powers,Virtues,Dominations, Cherubims, and Seraphim's. A great number of them fell with Lucifer  and were cast down upon the earth. These are the evil spirits in the realm of darkness.

1. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend jess91556

Please quote your source and the authenticity of your source for our benefit.

Thanks

16. Kively2009 profile image61
    Kively2009posted 13 years ago

Hi I feel that Angels etc are around us no matter where we are. that is my 2 worth bobs in!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)