Wow I'm on first page Google for this !

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)
  1. thecounterpunch profile image59
    thecounterpunchposted 16 years ago
  2. Marti profile image66
    Martiposted 16 years ago

Congratulations!

1. thecounterpunch profile image59
      thecounterpunchposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Marti. For Night Crawler and Freelinks, I don't think people can be so nasty, and for the subjects I'm talking about I don't think many would like to tackle as I do. I wish they would because they're important subjects for democracy, so please do smile

1. darkside profile image66
        darksideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes people can be that nasty.

But it just goes to show that Tall Poppy Syndrome is alive and well and thriving outside of Australia.

However... you are a shining star, and the higher you fly the harder it will be for the nasty people to bring you down. I can see by the topics you tackle on your hubs you're not interested in the 'popular' keywords. The ones most people try to land like a prize catch. The niches that are overpopulated by people all trying to cram in line for search engine attention.

Thank you for sharing your Google achievement. It's refreshing to see someone who is willing and open to share just what they're being indexed and found in terms of keywords. All too often I see posts of people who tell me that they come in at number 1 on a Google search but what they fail to say is that the combination of keywords is so unlikely that it's no wonder they are doing so 'well'.

So keep posting counterpunch and telling us about your accomplishments.

2. profile image52
        Night Crawlerposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Oh yes they can be very nasty at times. Nice to see you have more of a passion then worrying about making money. Me on the other hand i like the money lol. I got 9 years in adult marketing and 4 years in mainstream i know what folks can do. Its sad these days that you all ways have to be on the defense from spammers and what ever else that is lurking.

For example might cost me 2 cents a popup the most but i can have a popup appear over every hubpage there is. I just got to go to a certain url bid on the url  hubpages.com and any one of the 35 million surfers that have this toolbar installed will see the popup right over any hubpage there is.

Dont get any idea's folks i am going to check and see if this particular company is doing this and if they are i will give the hubpages crew a 5 minute fix to this and you will be waisting your money.

3. profile image52
    Night Crawlerposted 16 years ago

Let me give you some friendly webmaster advice. NEVER tell anyone your search engine rankings and what pages are ranked if you wanna stay at the top smile

1. profile image58
      freelinksposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely agreed, from my experience hubs that only got thumbs up for days and weeks suddenly get alot of thumbs down and probably spam reports by people who don't want you in the top search results.

It's no fair game, I wish only registered users who actually have hubs published could vote or report since this system gets abused with growing exposure in the top search results.

4. thecounterpunch profile image59
    thecounterpunchposted 16 years ago

>adult marketing

Well I know a bit about marketing in general but as for adult marketing nothing :

But I can guess that yes it is a very competitive business smile

5. gooadam profile image68
    gooadamposted 16 years ago

ROFL!  I love this thread.  In fact, I battle for some of my spots in the search engines constantly with other sites for keywords here on Hubpages.  All you need to do is think of a word, google it, and see who comes up at the top.  If they have a lower pagerank than your site then you try to get more SERPs than them and "VOILA!" better google rank for their keyword. 

I wish people were more ethical, but it is easier for most to just poach what someone else has done.  When AOL leaked the Google keyword data their was a huge amount of battling for those keywords amongst small sites trying to boost their adsense revenue.

Congrats, on the ranking, but listen to your fellow hubbers....Shhhhhh. smile

6. GarChessOpenings profile image60
    GarChessOpeningsposted 16 years ago

Keyword battles are tough ones, but there's nothing like that feeling when you find that magical search term!

7. profile image49
    142nRockawayposted 16 years ago

Hello thecounterpunch...

Thank you...... Your sucess inspired me... it was just what I needed to hear.. at just the right time.

My grandmother told me when I was a little boy to "Shoot for the moon..because even if I missed.. at least I would be amoung the stars...."

Seems to me your hub is found it's way to the lunar surface... sea of tranquility, here i come

8. spuds profile image60
    spudsposted 16 years ago

Congrats. It's always a buzz to see your pages rank high in Google.

9. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

Nice one CP.

I have yet to work out how google determines what goes where.
    One of by bike guides, 2008 Sport Bike Motorcycle guide shows on the first page as the 5th result for the search term, "2008 motorcycle guide," but my other more appropriately named 2008 motorcycle guide is nowhere to be seen. LOL

10. compu-smart profile image90
    compu-smartposted 16 years ago

Im just here enjoying this educational banter;)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)