Hell: the great deception

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (93 posts)
  1. maestrowhit profile image62
    maestrowhitposted 15 years ago

From the mouth of a true child of God, THERE IS NO HELL
    It is not anyone's fault if they believe in Hell. By believing in Hell, what I mean is that they believe there exists an actual place where people go when they die, which is full of fire and unspeakable torment.

I've established already that I have a close bond with God, and that His spirit speaks to me. And one of the most pressing things that I've learned from God is that this idea of Hell is nothing less than the work of what the Bible calls Satan. I don't mean the place (because it doesn't exist) I mean the BELIEF is a lie.

Now, no matter what you call Satan (he is called many things in the Bible) the most defining name he has is The Great Deciever. God has given me the eyes to see through this particular deception called Hell. And there are many more that I'm beginning to see.

I know that many people would say that my words are the deception, and Hell is a truth that can be found in scripture. I'm hoping those people will show me where in scripture that can be found. I am still in the process of learning all there is to learn about the book called The Bible. I'll already agree that it certainly appears to be talking about a place of fire and torment. But I know with all my heart that there is another meaning that I will soon find out. I know this because God told me.

So, for those of you who reject the Bible, God, Jesus, and everything attached to them, I can give you a little piece of redeeming truth. God does not let people go to Hell. I'm sorry there are so many cold hearted people out there preaching that He does. Of people who believe in God, I am outnumbered in this knowledge, so I don't blame you for being disgusted by it all. The message of God is one that includes everybody, no matter what you do, say, think, believe, etc. It's a message of love and life. Not fear

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

We are in hell. smile

maestrowhitposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree if what you mean to say is that Heaven and Hell are right here on Earth.

1. mohitmisra profile image60

Yes that is one thing-but the other is that we are in hell and heaven exists in another dimension-with God the light.
          Death is the door to God.

2. Ben Bush profile image59
      Ben Bushposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Do you mind elaborating a little more on this part of truth you are presenting?

In what way did God tell you?

Well, the only way to describe how God speaks to me is by saying His Spirit speaks to my spirit. There is a passage in 1 John that speaks of this:

1 John 2
        27) As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.

That says it very well. The spirit within me, God's Spirit, teaches me things first hand. It is a direct transaction between He and I, rather than using an intermediary such as the Bible. The Bible is not supposed to be used in that way. The only way to see the true meaning of scripture is by God opening your eyes to it. You cannot see its meaning by simply studying it.

So, though I have not yet consumed the entire Bible word for word, I don't necessarily need to in order to understand God's truth. But I read more every day, and as I read, I see that the Bible speaks of the very truths that God showed me before I ever read it. I believe God has given me a special ability (just as He gives everyone according to the individual) to decipher the Bible in a uniquely insightful way. He has shown me that there are a handful of false doctrines that are poisoning the minds of the majority of believers. One of those doctrines is the idea of Hell, as is popularly depicted.

For brevity's sake, I'll leave off there. I'm not sure what specifically you're wanting me to elaborate on. Does this suffice? If not, feel free to ask more.

1. Ben Bush profile image59

How do you know that the spirit speaking to you id God's Spirit within you? How can you be sure that this spirit is not a spirit other than God's?

That is the most logical question and I get it a lot. All I can tell you is that I just know. I am just certain. The best way to answer you is to quote John 10:27

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me

It would be just like me asking you how you know it's your wife when she picks up the other end of the phone line. You just know. You know her voice. It is unmistakable.

So, how do you know if what this spirit tells you is right or wrong. What's the standard for you to determine this?

1. profile image0
                sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

his heart.  smile

How do you know if your heart is right or wrong?

1. profile image0

How do you know?  You can tell what people are baptised by the Spirit and which ones haven't been yet.  But since you seem to have all the answers why don't you just tell me what the Bible says about it.

2. maestrowhit profile image62

When you break down truth to it's very essence, all you have is absolute certainty. Must there always be a secondary confirming factor in order for you to know when something is true? You know when you look at the sky that it is blue, do you not? You don't need to look up the definition of blue to know that. It's there, you see it, and you know. That's how I know.

2. mohitmisra profile image60

smile

That's a tough question to answer. God is the standard. God is the spirit. I know Him and recognise Him when He speaks. Everything He says is true.

1. Jewels profile image81
                  Jewelsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You keep saying Him.  Is God male?  Could you ask?

God is neither male of female. It's just easier to say Him than to say "Him or Her", and more appropriate than to say "It"

2. Make  Money profile image65
          Make Moneyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi maestrowhit

I find it interesting that you use 1 John 2:27.  If you go back a couple of verses in 1 John 2 you will find this in verses 22 and 23.

I find this interesting because if you go back through this thread you will see that all the people that are agreeing with you that hell does not exist are atheists, except mohitmisra, who is a Hindu, which is a completely different belief system than Christianity.  Milla, Sandra, Mark and Jewels are atheists.  The Christians that have posted in this thread confirm that hell does exist.  I'll leave it to you to decide who is telling the truth and who is not.

I'm glad that you are continuing to read the Bible.  I'm sure you will eventually come across the right scriptures that will prove to yourself that the everlasting punishment of hell fire does in fact exist.

You might want to hold off with your mission of conversion for a period of time until you finish your Bible study.

Mike

This isn't necessarily MY mission. And I don't need to determine which of the people posting here is right, because I know that I am right. God speaks to me. The verses you included that come before the one I cited, do not say anything Hell. However, the lnks you sent me certainly appear to. I will research them. If I find myself to be in error, I'll let you know. But like I said, the spirit of God is the source of what I've said so far.

1. profile image0

hey maestro a good place to look up the definition of hell according to the language they used would be to find yourself a good concordence. 
              Really you will find it very intersting, but you got a lot of that already if you had read Insprirepubs hub.  I think someone left it on here earlier.

smile

yes I read it, and now I've acquired a good Bible dictionary. Thanks

I checked the passage in Mathew 25.

Jesus is speaking in parables. Parables aren't to be taken literally. He's using figurative language.

Jesus starts out in Matthew 25 speaking in parables using figurative language to demonstrate literal truth.

However, the parables end with verse 30.

The literal Truth begins in verse 31 (referring to Himself) and involves his teaching regarding the judgment of all people, including hell.

Well in that case, no humans go to Hell or heaven, only sheep and goats!   Wow, that puts a whole new spin on things.

I guess that depends on your desire to truly understand Scripture.

Even the "literal" portion of Scripture uses figurative language to identify certain groups and their unique characteristics.

Absent a sincere desire to know Truth, it ends up being the game of a child. It seems there are many grownups dancing to your music at this time. Enjoy it while it lasts.

3. Make  Money profile image65

No of course they don't.  But they do say this "Who is a liar, but he who denieth that Jesus is the Christ?"  And that's who you seem to be listening to rather than the Christians that are posting in this thread.

I believe Jesus is the Christ, just in case you didn't know that

So does your spirit guide, but it doesn't help him.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image67
                    Lady Guinevereposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Are you assuming that all spirit guides are the devil's advocates?  If so why and how did you come to this conclusion?

3. mohitmisra profile image60

I understand you being a poet I also speak or communicate with him . smile

2. Make  Money profile image65
    Make Moneyposted 15 years ago

You've gone overboard now maestrowhit.  It was not God that told you that there is no hell.

Here's 24 instances where hell can be found in the Bible.

Heaven and hell do exist my friend.  Here's a good Hub that asks the question Does A Burning Hell Really Exist Or Is It Just A Scare Tactic Used By Fundamentalist Christians?

Christians are obligated to do all that we can to warn non Christians about hell.

God's message is a message of love but why would he want to share His Kingdom with someone that does not even believe in Him?

God's message is not a democracy where part of His truth can be voted out.

I pray that you find the right path.
    Mike

Thanks for the links.

Since you genuinely believe in Hell, I appreciate your concern. I have equal concern for you, but not about your afterlife. My concern is about your actual life right now. This forum posting is my way of showing that concern, and trying to help in whatever way that I can.

3. Milla Mahno profile image61
    Milla Mahnoposted 15 years ago

Yes Maestro, I think you are dead on! If you did not read it yet, give it a try - http://hubpages.com/hub/Hell-What-Hell , you might just find some interesting thoughts in the hub and discussion...

Thanks, yes that is a great hub. Very informative.

4. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

Hell does exist!!  What did God say to you?? mmmmm are you sure it was God or Satan messing with your mind? What do you mean what the Bible calls SATAN, for goodness sake SATAN was a fallen angel. you need to read more and then discuss this topic as you are certainly twisitng the right information around to make you believe that your information is correct. Take a 1000 Christians and you will get the same answer and clarity but forming your opinion and say that God clarified this to you , is a no-no I believe SATAN is deceiving you to believe what you wish. If God is giving you insight to see, then tell us what he is telling you.smile

AE,

I'm not sure about your 1000 Christians clarity. In this day of pluralism, a monolithic bloc is hard to find.

He's already told us a little.......that Hell does not exist. Give him a chance to develop and/or clarify his points.smile

1. AEvans profile image70
        AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ben, Just for you I will let him develop thank you for critiquing me smile I am anxious about the end result. smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
          Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Why? If he has something to say, could you change your mind about there being a hell?

Mark!!!!!! I was afraid you had went into a self imposed exile! lolWelcome back!

Oh no. I just bowed out of that one thread before it got really silly.....

1. profile image0
                jaimelinus0316posted 15 years agoin reply to this

You mean it wasn't silly already? :-)

Maestrowhit: We've kinda discussed Hell a couple of times. Do you still think that the metaphorical Hell that the Bible talks about is on Earth? What do you think about Heaven?

To me, a discussion about Hell should include a discussion about Heaven as well. Plus, I'm anxious for some answers myself. :-) Where do you think Satan resides? (A question directed to all.)

What I think is that Heaven is right here, and Hell was never meant to be taken literally. In Bible times, the moder concept of Hell as an actual place of eternal punishment, and not a metaphorical tool, would have been a foreign concept.

2. Ben Bush profile image59

AE,
          Please don't think that I was critiquing you.smile

I understand you being anxious about the end result.

Just for me?????............I didn't realize that I was held in such high esteem!cool

It is the lack of love that you share with all around  big_smile

2. mohitmisra profile image60

We are in hell.Look around you at the wars loot and rape. :)fighting for the same one god.
        When does god come?
        When the madness stops, when death becomes.

When do I see, meet god?
        Whenever you really decide to,
        When you want nothing.

If you can ask me a question without getting nasty, I'll respond to it. This is just an outpour of emotion. I don't even know what it is you're not clear about.

5. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

Mark, I admire you and if he wants the man to speak he can as honestly I am quite open minded about others opinions.  I just recently had a round table discussion about Hell and I had friends of all beliefs there, interesting enough there are so many opinions but we all somewhat came to the decision that HELL could very well be here on Earth as we go through so much. mmmm.... are they trying to sway me from my beliefs I don't think so but I certainly had fun with the discussion. As Ben put it let him explain, so be it If I believe there is a Hell and some do not , that is O.K. as life is to short to disrespect or denounce others thoughts and opinions would you not agree?smile

But you didn't answer the question smile

Are you open to the possibility that there is not a hell?

1. AEvans profile image70
        AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Are you open to the possibility that there is not a hell?[/quote+Mark}

mmmm... I am open minded please try to explain from your point of view:)

6. Milla Mahno profile image61

I already stated on the other thread one of the reasons I think neither Hell nor Heaven exist, and so far nobody tried to oppose that logic - viral's attempt to dodge clear answer does not count really. smile

So, I can repeat my reasoning here:

If God gave us free will, we are allowed to use it at our discretion, and we can be neither punished, nor rewarded by God for that - or it is not a FREE will anymore. Therefore, there is no need in Hell or Heaven.

Now, if God did not give us free will and we act as his sock puppets, all our sins are his sins, and all our glories are his glories - what can we be punished or rewarded for? Therefore, there is no need in Hell or Heaven.

I couldn't agree more, and in fact, there are literally thousands of logical arguments that make the idea of Heaven and Hell look hilarious. But there are some people who, no matter what logic is put in thier face, they simply will not see it.

7. allshookup profile image61
    allshookupposted 15 years ago

God is male. If not, the Bible wouldn't refer to Him as Father. It would say mother. Come on, you think God doesn't know enough about language to use the correct term for Himself? He is God, you know.

Oh, so God has a penis? What would He use it for? Does he need to urinate? Does He have a Mrs. God? I suppose you think He physically wrote the Bible with His own man-hands.

The first name of God ever known was I AM. That's asexual. Father is symbolic.

2. Milla Mahno profile image61
      Milla Mahnoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Does he have a genitalia, too? How cute! smile Uh, I better stop it right here wink

1. allshookup profile image61
        allshookupposted 15 years agoin reply to this

There was a question if God was male or female on this hub. I simply answered, only to read the two of you being crude and obnoxious. Seeing you talk about God so vulgar is sad. He knows the intent of your hearts just like He knows the intent of mine. I was trying to be helpful. You made it clear what you were trying to be.

No crudeness intended. God knows that, you were mistaken.

3. mohitmisra profile image60

God is the Light.From the Light comes everything male and female.

8. Milla Mahno profile image61

He definitely knows the intent of my heart, and yours, too. smile I don't pretend to know yours, though wink

9. Make  Money profile image65
    Make Moneyposted 15 years ago

Lady Guinevere, Maestro said some voice is telling him that hell does not exist.  That voice is not from God because hell is mentioned all through the Bible.  If you do not believe that hell exists then maybe you should read the second post in this thread.  Spiritual warfare between good and evil has been going on since lucifer was kicked out of heaven and it will continue till the serpents head is crushed as mentioned in Genesis 3:15

I believe God will give Mary the honor seeing the serpent lies in wait for her heel in a lot of statues and pictures.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k277/little_tony/Mama%20Mary/queenMary.jpg

Mike

1. Lady Guinevere profile image67

In the Bible it mentions a place by the name and forgive my spelling, gehenna--that is a physical place.  A place where they burned their trash.  Go and research things that are about the bible andnot in the bible and see if you can find the orginal translations in english--such and Young's Literal translation.

1. Make  Money profile image65

Lady Guinevere and Maestro, here's the definition of Gehenna from 5 non-biblical sources,
        This site says,

This site has 6 results,

This site says,

This site says,

This site says,

2. Lady Guinevere profile image67

In the Bible it mentions a place by the name and forgive my spelling, gehenna--that is a physical place.  A place where they burned their trash.  Go and research things that are about the bible andnot in the bible and see if you can find the orginal translations in english--such and Young's Literal translation.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)