Do you have any evidence for your beliefs?

Jump to Last Post 51-63 of 63 discussions (264 posts)
  1. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Oops, sorry Earnest!  Beat me to it!

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

How many children's lives have to be destroyed before people realise that you cannot trust any religious leaders, and do away with religion altogether. it serves no useful purpose.

Any belief system that bastardises sexuality as the bible does will inevitably result in abuse. Denying sex is unnatural and will always result in sexual abuse not only of children but any persons who are vulnerable!

3. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I have no scietific evidence for my belief in GOD but I feel it in my heart and what you feel is more stronger than what you have seen and felt nothing.

Feelings can build and create civilizations -- civilizations come and go and yet the feeling is there, scientific evidences keep on changing and they are erased every now and then -- it depends on the greed of men and which they choose to preserve!

1. profile image56
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why is it that believers continue to diss science in favor of their belief system when it is science that has provided them EVERYTHING they have today while their faith has provided them nothing but the intellect of a gnat.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the basis of science is faith -- you need to believe in your theory first - then have strong faith so that you can prove your thesis..

Love is a feeling and you cant see it but it exist, have you fallen in love Q?

1. profile image56

Sorry pretty, but science isn't a belief system like religion, hence does not work that way. Science is a method of understanding and is based on hard evidence, not mythical beings.

Feelings are wonderful to a certain point, but they don't work so well when it comes to understanding our world.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
            prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Q, Good day to you, and like you I have my own system of what to believe in,

1. profile image56

Pretty, I don't have a belief system that guides me through my life. I use systems of logic, critical thinking and rationale to understand the world around me. If you strictly use a belief system to rule your worldview, you will not understand anything at all, but instead will simply believe whatever someone tells you.

Beliefs systems only bring false knowledge.

2. Davidsonofjesie profile image59
        Davidsonofjesieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

your belief in science is all made up by man,no proof of anything,tradeing wisdom for logic and understanding for deceit

1. profile image56

Yes, your computer, internet connection and these very forums are no proof of anything scientific. We don't need to mention the many other things you take advantage of every day of your life that also demonstrate no proof of anything scientific. 

You could, of course, give up everything scientific, but then you'd be forced to live in a cave.  big_smile

4. dyonder profile image71
    dyonderposted 14 years ago

Observation's a queer thing. Often times a person's belief system is born of observation and critical thinking. Case in point:
    As a child growing up in the mountains of Colorado I loved to hike more than anything else. To reach an area where I could look in every direction and not see a single sign of man filled me with great joy. Over the years I began to notice clearings, circular in size, in the middle of the forests - always on a level spot. In these clearings were skeletons of every animal the area fostered. Upon laying down in these areas, looking up into the sky, I would be filled with the most incredible sense of peace. Being of a scientific mind (my passion) I invited friends to these areas, to test their perspectives. I would be very careful not to tell them what to expect, so as to not nullify the experiments. They always ended up feeling the same way. There are other spots in the mountains that do the opposite; having been possessed by something (dunno what) which took me over the edge of a fifty foot cliff (without a scratch), insisted my amigos allow me to swallow their souls (I witnessed something very different), and eventually culminated in seven police officers holding me down (it took every single one as my body fought)to handcuff me to a board. The police carefully recorded every detail of the experience they had witnessed, including a putrid blood like substance I expelled over everyone. A substance of which there was no trace the next day. It's all in the reports.
    Experience and observation yield beliefs (for some). Now I would never present the evidence of my belief system to someone else in order to convince them of it; it's not their, it's mine. Mine to reason with, and eventually reach my own conclusions about.

1. Antecessor profile image67
      Antecessorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HA HA HAHA HA

YEAH RIGHT!!!

I love it when people make extreme claims unsupported by any evidence other than "its in the reports"

1. dyonder profile image71
        dyonderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I apologize for having shared my experience

1. dyonder profile image71
          dyonderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You might want to read the last paragraph of my initial post.

5. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 14 years ago

My belief is in myself.  The evedince of my existance is that I pay taxes.  I pay taxes, therefore, I exist.

1. trooper22 profile image60
      trooper22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

ROFL!  Well said; Cogito ergo Taxmyassus

6. macaelaward profile image54
    macaelawardposted 14 years ago

I guess my evidence would just be looking around me. Right now I'm looking out a window to the Rockies. They're beautiful. Also, my brother is hanging on the couch, and i think about the relationship we have; and how terribly different we are. His personality is outgoing, and he always wants to make others laugh. Think about the nature around you. Also, relationships you have, and everyone you love, or even hate. I find it impossible to believe mountains, or people have these unique characteristics because a few molecules came together at the right time, and the right place.
    Thank you for your time.

7. Danny R Hand profile image60
    Danny R Handposted 14 years ago

I would say the best evidence would be science itself. Everything is aligned with order. Precise order, and then there are things like the way the human eye functions, or even the process of nature. Everything needs everything else to exist. The odds of eveything happening as it should for all species to survive, and the unique features each have to help them, are astonomicl. To much order for coincedence.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would suggest reading the OP's hubs! smile

8. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

"Do you have any evidence for your beliefs?"

Hifriends

What type of evidence you want to have?

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

9. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

"Do you have any evidence for your beliefs?"

Hi friends

What type of evidence you want to have? Maybe I could present one.

Thanks

1. marinealways24 profile image59
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you think you will be rewarded with multiple virgins when you get to heaven?

1. profile image52
        paarsurreyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend marinealways24

Did I ever say it to you?

Thanks

1. marinealways24 profile image59
          marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you too defensive to answer what your belief is?

2. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Present anything. smile

1. skyfire profile image80
        skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Expect some zakir naik, harun yahya youtube videos plus few islamic or kristian books which explained how humans wrote holy book(er words of god) and mentioned things which are discovered now by scientist and hence that proves god exist. Typical theist evidence on internet forums ya know.

1. profile image52

Hi friend skyfire

The Scientists only discover what already exists and created by the Creator- God Allah YHWH; they create nothing. Do they?

Thanks

2. profile image52

Hi friend Beelzedad

How could one doubt in the existence of the Creator- God Allah YHWH; who created everything with a system? The Scientists only discover what already exists physically; they create nothing. Do they?

Thanks

1. Beelzedad profile image58

We haven't met, I'm not your friend.

Aren't you going to present your evidence? Where is it?

No, you're not. smile

1. profile image52

Hi Beelzedad

"How could one doubt in the existence of the Creator- God Allah YHWH; who created everything with a system? The Scientists only discover what already exists physically; they create nothing. Do they?"

The system is the evidence.

Thanks

No, it isn't. smile

1. profile image52

Hi ....

You say that flawless system in the universe and the flawless system in His word Quran is not the evidence of the existence of the Creator- God Allah YHWH. Do you think the Universe is being run automatically? Automation cannot be without a designing and creation. Time does not create anything.

Please be positive and don't be skeptical.

Thanks

Of course, it isn't. The Quran is a book, like any other book, written by men.

It runs entirely on its own.

That would your ignorance in regards to how our universe works.

That's nice.

Why? So, I can be ignorant and deluded like you?

10. andromida profile image54
    andromidaposted 14 years ago

No body has any hard evidence about one's belief-because it is just a belief it is not any science. Science needs evidence, belief does not need any evidence,this is the beauty of our life.We are inside a great puzzle, where on one can ever proof anything about the beginning of life form.We are just short of knowledge  in front of nature. I can guarantee that on one can ever proof anything about the creation of life.Maybe both creationists and evolutionists are right-both took simultaneously to the development of life.

1. profile image52

Hi friend andromida

The belief should be with reason; not a blind faith. Even Science was started by the Philosophers who were used to reasoning. It is not that the Science created the Philosophers. Am i right?

Thanks

11. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Has any scientists ever discected a bird, mouse or anything and looked inside of it to see what life looks like. Have they ever seen it or touched it... NO THEY haven't !!!
    They can only see what it does while it is doing it.

So since you can not see or touch it, it must notexist????
    ???????????????????????????????

12. dfager profile image60
    dfagerposted 13 years ago

Myself.  That was all the evidence I needed because I found myself to be limited in knowledge about the universe, flawed, making mistakes, self deceived, difficult to deal with uncomfortable with new knowledge.  A long time ago, they used to just call this sin. 

Even if a person is very ethical, I think sin also involves more Eastern concepts of not being able to let go of old ideas, having biases, fear and desire.

If I wasn't a good source of my own truth, if being my own god wasn't good enough, then acceptance of an infinite and loving God could show me more possibility than I can show myself.

13. 4x4 profile image62
    4x4posted 13 years ago

Okay it seems like I was two months late for this.

But going back to your original question:

What evidence do you have that supports whatever it is you believe?

I am guessing, the same as those who believe God or any other god or those who do not believe. (None that will be accepted by those who believe to the contrary).

In my case, I just believe that there is a God (a religious term because your question was directed towards the religious-although my definition of religious may probably not be the same as yours but let's not get into that). Anyway I believe in a Source that made or caused everything and I do not believe that everything came out of the blue. I'm guessing both do not have sufficient proof for the other, so let us not get into that as well. Let's just say it's either black or white, although there are the gray people in between among us who just can't make up their minds just yet.

And just like the ancient civilizations of old up until now, I went about seeking this Creator and after all these years I found it "believable" enough to believe in what was written about Jesus and "His" version of the Creator, or God as the religious call Him.

You have your own version, others have theirs and I have my own. If I get to have new "evidence" to the contrary, then I will most definitely change my beliefs, it's as simple as that (and which I have done so in the past).

And I would like to think that I do not have to debate my own personal beliefs with that of somebody else's, and doing so isn't productive as most people just do it for the "fun" of it and that most of us will ultimately "believe" what we want to believe anyway.

Not every believer in a God are close-minded brainwashed simpletons as not every non-believer is a rocket scientist.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)