My muffin dilemma

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (31 posts)
  1. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

So in a caffeine fueled hunger craze , I ate 6 muffin tops off a package of brand new deli fresh muffins. (leftover from my brothers prom)

So now, I have 6 perfectly fine muffin bottoms -they are unappealing to look at and I will never eat them in their present form.

Any suggestions for reinventing the muffin bottom into a more appealing food stuff?

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

'giggle'   

way too cute SF.  you've given us a great visual!

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The correct terminology (re: American Muffin Society) is muffin stump, not bottom.

http://lisakillionbooks.com/images/book.png

Apparently they can become quite violent.  I would break out the milk and deal with them post haste.

3. sarovai profile image73
      sarovaiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

mmm! let me think smile

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Pass them to Ron - he will fix them lol

3. Pandoras Box profile image59
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

Give 'em to the poor, a la Elaine on Seinfeld.

1. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe in that episode, even the poor didnt want them!

1. Pandoras Box profile image59
        Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I was trying to get you in trouble.

Got a dog?

4. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I read your forum post headline with great interest as I have helped many with their muffins before...

bad sadly, I don't think we are talking about the same thing here

1. torimari profile image68
      torimariposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Glad I'm not the only one who thought this. Foot in mouth. :s

5. myownworld profile image75
    myownworldposted 13 years ago

Layer them with whipped cream, top with fresh strawberries and present them to your wife at the end of the day, pretending that's what you had in mind all along! Hopefully, she won't fling them right back...! wink

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are pure evil MOW lol

1. myownworld profile image75
        myownworldposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But I do know how to keep my hubby happy! wink

1. profile image0
          Non-offensiveUserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure you do!

2. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thats a great idea!

They are blueberry muffins (well they were smile ) so Ill opt for blueberries, so that might work.

but, she is pregnant, and I specifically got yelled at for taking so long to eat them as she claims she cant stop herself from eating them (well, I fixed that!) - so will refeeding them to her plus whipped cream be taken the wrong way?

..I will still eat them, regardless,  w/ whipped cream and berries, so the suggestion works anyways!

1. myownworld profile image75
        myownworldposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well, you can always tell her that berries are full of antioxidants which are great for her, so hopefully she'll come round...and it might be your lucky day! Otherwise too (incase she flings them right back), you get to eat the cream, so it's a win win situation! wink

6. wyanjen profile image69
    wyanjenposted 13 years ago

Man up and eat the muffin stems.

7. wyanjen profile image69
    wyanjenposted 13 years ago

hee hee hee

8. leeberttea profile image56
    leebertteaposted 13 years ago

I love eating a moist muffin! wink

9. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

Alawys keep a few cans of Betty Crocker frosting in a variety of flavors cream cheese to chocolate. And and a variety of sprinkles. They make anything look good again. I had to do that when the kids were little.

When these are refrigerated they are delicious when eaten with a spoon.

1. profile image52
      ramonfloresposted 13 years agoin reply to this

why donĀ“t you tried a jelly donut!

10. Derek D profile image60
    Derek Dposted 13 years ago

I agree with Nelle Hoxie, slap some frosting on them babies and call it a day. cool

11. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

If you like bread pudding, you might make muffin pudding instead, but don't tell GreekOne that or he'll make some scandalous allusion to something else entirely.  I used to make bread pudding out of 3 day old cinnamon buns and people at the cafe adored it!

12. rosemueller0481 profile image81
    rosemueller0481posted 13 years ago

Yougurt!
    Serve the muffins in a cup or mug with a 1/2 cup layer of vanilla yougurt on top for a yummy and simple breakfast

13. profile image0
    TheCalicoRoseposted 13 years ago

try some fresh fruit on top:)

14. kalahlily profile image59
    kalahlilyposted 13 years ago

take your muffins stumps prepare a french toast batter dip fry coat with powdered sugar or syrup and you have muffin stump french toast enjoy!

1. rosemueller0481 profile image81
      rosemueller0481posted 13 years agoin reply to this

oh this sounds yummy! I will have to give it a try!

15. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

You don't EAT the bottoms of muffins, or stumps, or what strange names you Americans use.....

This is sacrilegious !!!!!! and I SHALL not be party to such poppycock and evil suggestions and ..... and HERESY !!!!!!!!!!!

Its ALMOST as worse as dogs and cats living together

lol lol lol lol lol

16. alternate poet profile image67
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

You pagans clearly do not understand the real issue here - the answer is to cut the tops off flat then turn them upside down on a plate so they look like a new something. This solves the half-eaten problem.

17. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Expand on MOW's idea and make a blueberry shortcake with the muffin stumps and both of you can have it for dessert.

18. boxxies profile image60
    boxxiesposted 13 years ago

I would cover them with ice cream and strawberry jam.

Marie

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)