HubNuggets - Now Biggie Sized!

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (35 posts)
  1. Shirley Anderson profile image72
    Shirley Andersonposted 14 years ago

Hey HubNuggeteers!  That HubNuggets Overload last week was a big hit!  You liked it so much, that we've decided to biggie size your HubNugget Wannabe list.  There's lots of HubNuggety goodness for you to enjoy!

Skip on over and peruse the menu to select your favourite hub and then be sure to vote.

HubNuggets Biggie Sized

If you're one of the Wannabes, you're going to want to promote the fact like CRAZY!!

That's what Kelsey Tallis did last week and she got an absolute TON of votes!  Kelsey posted a link to the HubNuggets hub on a message board and the readers poured in to vote.

Frieda Babbley had similar results the week that one of her hubs made the Wannabe list.  Frieda posted a brief description of what was happening and posted a link to the HubNuggets hub URL.

You don't have to be a guru, you just have to spread the word and people will follow you back to the polls.

Good luck to all the Wannabes!

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years ago

Man, this is one astounding group of Nugget Wanabees we have this week. I'm, well, astounded! Gravy World must go by the wayside as I continue to read and re-read these entertaining and provocative Hubs.

3. Shirley Anderson profile image72

Hope you've got somebody manning the Gravy World ship!

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image59
      B.T. Evilpantsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Of course she does. But the jury is stil out as to whether or not I can be trusted around all this gravy!

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Achck! Auto pilot with a straw!

Shirley Andersonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Be afraid.

2. Shirley Anderson profile image72

You did say that you're wearing your stretchy pants, right?  Probably a good thing. smile

4. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

They are all fantastic and what great new writers!!! smile

Yay, you love the HubNugget Wannabes, you really, really love them!

We do seem to be getting more and more high quality writers to add to the already talented newbie group. 

Is it me, or does HubPages rock?

5. Nanny J.O.A.T. profile image67
    Nanny J.O.A.T.posted 14 years ago

Hubpages definitely rocks!!! and Rolls and Boogies!

I've only been here a couple of weeks and I've been nominated twice now - Thank you all for thinking I have the talent to be in this august and rarified group!!!

6. sharrie69 profile image67
    sharrie69posted 14 years ago

Pleased to see that I made it into the top 15 too! hmmmm..the price for glory is that now EVERYONE will be reading about my big butt! :-)

7. Shirley Anderson profile image72

Keep up the good work, Nanny!

Sharrie, I hope you're running an election campaign, getting everyone and their brother to vote for you!  They don't have to be members of HP to vote.  We gotta share that beautiful butt with the world!

8. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

Just wanted to say thanks for picking me smile I'm still kind of shocked -- and very happy big_smile

9. Fishin' Cricket profile image67
    Fishin' Cricketposted 14 years ago

Hey, I just found this email in my spam box, guess I am a lucky hubnugget wannabe?  Cool beans, for sure.  Thank you to whomever nominated me..  Guess I shall have to check it out further?

Thanks again for the consideration..

10. Shirley Anderson profile image72

Ahh, Janetta, I thought you had that HubNugget glow. smile  Enjoy and good luck in the contest!

Fishin', I'm glad that you found the email.  The hubs were chosen from a report featuring 1900 new hubs by new hubbers this week.  Does that tell you anything about the caliber of your (and all the Wannabes) work?  smile  Good luck to you.

Don't forget, HubNugget Wannabes, anyone can participate in the HubNuggets voting, it is not restricted to HubPages members.  Spread the word and encourage people to vote.

11. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 14 years ago

Finally!  My internet connection has been restored.  Yipeeee!  On my way to read the hubs!  Great Job Shirley! smile

Thanks, Angel!  Glad you're back with us.  Technology can be frustrating sometimes, can't it?

1. ripplemaker profile image77
        ripplemakerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Angel Shirley, this is what I feel:  lol
        http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll9/darian_alexandra/smiley.gif

Voted already!  Keep voting guys...and support our new hubbers.
        Click here: http://hubpages.com/hub/HubNuggets-Biggie-Sized

12. Paper Moon profile image79
    Paper Moonposted 14 years ago

It could take a while getting through all of this batch.  Sometimes one must chew slowly.

13. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years ago

85 votes now. Let's break a voting record!

14. mayhmong profile image75
    mayhmongposted 14 years ago

I wanna join the hubnugget too! If only I didn't have to work over 70 hours a week?! You know how long it takes me to per-fect my hubs?

May, I'm so sorry!  I somehow managed to miss your post.

We'd love for you to try and make the Wannabe list!

Here's how to get a hub ready to be considered:  HubNuggets How-To, Q & A

15. Shirley Anderson profile image72

It's looking good for breaking a record, Patty!

Go, voters, go!  smile

http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:Qk-reFXCtA0J-M:http://www.logosoftwear.com/embroideryclipart/Cheerleader%2520(Fuzzy%2520Hair%2520%26%2520Pom%2520Pom).Z03126.gif

16. Shirley Anderson profile image72

B.T. Evilpants just published his first HubNuggets Blog.

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image59
      B.T. Evilpantsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the link love, Shirley! And congrats on setting a voting record with your hub!

You're very welcome!  I also linked your feed in the HubNuggets hub for anyone who might miss it here.  And my profile page.  And StumbleUpon.  Hmmmm, think that's it so far.

Thanks for the congrats, this is a pretty exciting contest this week!

2. ripplemaker profile image77
      ripplemakerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm off to visit B.T.'s blog!!! smile Cool..and great idea too!

17. lxxy profile image59
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

Crap, G|M still needs to read through all of these..better let him get the use of his body soon.

http://img6.glowfoto.com/images/2009/05/11-1556083902T.gif

18. paul kenyon profile image66
    paul kenyonposted 14 years ago

I want to thank everyone that voted for my hub smile I've only been on Hubpages for 2 weeks, and to be nominated for my first hub, I am honored! I've only recently begun writing, even though my first novel was started in 1975 and will be published soon. Actually, I'd only wrote the first 30 pages in '75 and the remaining 670 were written in 72 days. Again, thanks so much for nominating me.
    Paulie

You're very welcome, Paul!  Keep up the great writing and hubbing!  Good luck in the HubNuggets contest!

19. jayb23 profile image72
    jayb23posted 14 years ago

This is a wonderful thing to have happened at HP. New writers being encouraged which is really awesome. During Last week's Competition my Hub,The Other side of subprime Loans was voted the 2nd best http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Other-Side- … rime-Loans   
    and trust me the feeling being right up there cannot be expressed in words. HP is doing a great job in motivating and encouraging writers to give their best.

20. Shirley Anderson profile image72

This week's winners have been officially announced!

HubNugget 1: The Paranormal Side of Life (26%)
    HubNugget 2: How to Have a Successful Yard Sale (18%)
    HubNugget 3: The Good News and The Bad News (11%)
    HubNugget 4: The Inimitable Ms. Cavendish: A High School Teacher I Will Never Forget (9%)
    HubNugget 5: When a neighbor isn't neighborly (7%)

Congratulations to all of our HubNugget participants! 

Don't forget to look for B.T. Evilpants' HubNugget hub, being published later today, to see who makes the next list of Wannabes.

21. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 14 years ago

Woohhooooo!  Congratulations hubbers!  And thanks to all those who voted. It is much appreciated!  Thanks!!! smile cool lol wink
    Looking forward to the new batch of nuggets!!!

22. paul kenyon profile image66
    paul kenyonposted 14 years ago

May I offer my humble thanks to those that voted for my hub. I've thought of myself as a novice writer at best, and to be nominated was quite a shock. Due to circumstances out of my control, I've found myself with more time to write and hopefully can offer the readers something of interest. Again, thanks so much. I really do appreciate the support many of you have shown me!
    smile
    Paulie

23. Shirley Anderson profile image72

You are very welcome, Paulie! The HubNuggets team members love to surprise people like that. smile

Keep writing great hubs and have fun!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)