Old Life Magazine December 1960 - JFK, The Kennedys
Vintage Life Magazines Chronicle America
Old, or if you prefer
- vintage, Life magazines chronicle the news of the week in America
with current editorials and vivid photo essays like no other news
source of the day.This original issue of December 19, 1960 headlines
with JFK, the Kennedy's christening, and baseball's latest disgrace.
Like most icons of the past, Life magazines seemed to symbolize the attitude of America, and there is something about holding a piece of the past in your hands that no amount of Internet research can match.
Original LIFE Magazine - December 19, 1960
Front Cover - JFK and Jacqueline Kennedy holding son John Jr. - *inside front cover - full-color Kool-Aid ad
- Front cover headlines - Message from RB-47 Prisoners, A Christmas Carol, paintings by Ronald Searle, Baseball's Disgraceful Mess, The Kennedy's and their son at christening
Rear Cover - full color Salem Cigarettes ad - *inside rear cover - full-color Old Taylor Kentucky bourbon ad
Table of Contents:
- Letters from a Soviet prison - the prisoners from flight RB-47, their plight and warm family photos
- Busy Kennedy Week - the new president-elect has a full plate of presidential responsibilities, plus the christening of John Jr. - plus an interview with John and Joe Kennedy
- Dicken's Christmas Carol in paintings - a photo essay of British artist Ronald Searles paintings of the story
- S.S. Hope's First Mission - This beacon of humanitarian medical relief makes it's first mission to Indonesia
- Baseball's latest Disgrace - "short sighted and greedy" baseball owners put 1961 season in jeopardy
- A Look at the World's Week
- Editorial: To a greater Christian Church
- Subs - debut of a new underwater toy
- Movies: "Pope" Cantiflas meets Hollywood
- Animals: Washington zoo gets white Indian tiger
- Fashion: Suzie sets a style - U.S. takes over the cheongsam from Hong Kong
- Religion: 563 years between visits - Cantebury makes history with a call on the Pope
- Theater: The royal and rocky road to Camelot, Lerner and Loewe create medievil masterpiece
Old Vintage Ads - A Collector's Bonanza
One of the hallmarks of LIFE magazines was their collection of advertisements. many full-page ads from iconic brands of the past, some in full-color, were included in each issue.
A sampling of the ads in LIFE magazine issues might include:
Vintage ads: Full page color ads: American Motors, One-a-Day vitamins,Reader's Digest, Squib Phamicuticals, Bell Telephone Systems, Old Forester Whiskey, ETHYL Corp., Florida Land, AC Sparkplugs, Evinrude, Buick, Chef Boy-ar-Dee, National Homes, Walker's Deluxe Whiskey, Borden's Ice Cream, Ford, Wesson Oil, Monsanto, Lord Calvert, Brown shoes, Sealtest Ice Cream, Pillsbury, LifeSavers, Avis Rent-a-Car, Old Charter Whiskey, Mennon, Chase & Sanborn, General Motors, Salem, National Bo, Mercury Outboards, Green Giant, King Sano Cigs., Philco TV, Miss Clairol, Schlitz, Chesterfield, Coca-Cola, Ford Chevrolet. American Airlines, Friskies Dog Food, Pontiac, A&P Ann Page Foods, Kentile Floors, Campbell's Soup, Zenith, Douglas DC-8, Mercury, Wesson Oil, Chrysler, Sanka, International Truck, Philip Morris, Ritz Crackers, Studebaker Champ Truck, Valiant Car, Miss Clairol, Kraft Jellies, Esso Motor Oil, American Standard Western Electric, Calvert Reserve, Oldsmobile ...and dozens of other ads!
Own this Vintage Original Issue of LIFE magazine
This original issue is in good condition, including original address label, with the normal wear you would expect from a 50 year old magazine. No loose, detached, or torn pages. The photos are of the original issue so you can judge it's condition, and it is available with Free shipping at:
ps. The seller, Appletreedeals, is a reputable long-time ebay Power Seller that has moved his sales to Bonanza, the highly respected ebay alternative for online sales. No bidding! No Auctions!