jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What's the most fun you've had collecting something?

1. crankalicious profile image95
    crankaliciousposted 6 years ago

What's the most fun you've had collecting something?

I collect all sorts of things - some really satisfying and some less so. I have a large collection of football cards that I really enjoy acquiring. Would enjoy hearing any passionate collecting stories.

2. tlpoague profile image86
    tlpoagueposted 6 years ago

I started to collect salt and pepper shakers as a child, but as I grew older, it leans more towards antiques with character.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Two things.  I love collecting postcards and enjoy buying them on Ebay.  I also love to collect scrapbooking and craft supplies for use someday--maybe.

4. mcrawford76 profile image82
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

I've never been much of a collecter, though when my brother and I were kids he started collecting bottle caps, I joined in and got into it for a while. Never knew there were so many, I think when we stopped we had over 300 different caps.

5. buckey777 profile image72
    buckey777posted 6 years ago

I have enjoyed collecting coins, mostly American. My hobby started when I was young and my grandfather gave me his collection of coins from his father who served in WWII. Coins from numerous countries spanning the globe. I have put those up for safe keeping and have been collecting wheat pennies for the most part, they are easier to find. But anytime I find one it brings me great joy just knowing each coin has about 100 years of history to it. I don't go out actively searching ebay or coin shops for coins. I would rather fill my gaps with what I find on my own.

6. brittanytodd profile image95
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

My husband and I collect records.  Recently, we found a record in Santa Monica that was created by my great aunt and uncle.  I'm from Hawaii and this record is very rare--no one in my family has it!  It was remarkably satisfying.

working