jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Did you ever collecting something out of the ordinary? What was it?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image89
    oceansnsunsetsposted 5 years ago

Did you ever collecting something out of the ordinary? What was it?

Did you ever have an odd, but neat collection that might surprise people?  People collect all kinds of neat things, what was your special thing?

2. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

I only collect Roman coins and Easton Press books or other collectible books.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image98
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

Yes, besides U.S mint stamps, I collect vintage buttons and floaty pens. Floaty pens are ballpoint  pens that have images which move in liquid. They are often travel souvenirs and promotional items. I have about 40 of them.

4. BlossomSB profile image93
    BlossomSBposted 5 years ago

When I was a kid I was walking on the beach and found the skull of a puppy, so decided that I'd collect skulls as I thought they were interesting, but I only ever found one other and that was a sheep's. My Mother refused to let me put it into the car to take it back home (understandably!). So the skull was hardly a collection, but I kept it near my collection of beetles and insects. I kept all the smaller ones in tiny chests made from match-boxes with round paper-fasteners for knobs, and labelled all the ones I could find names for. Now I wonder why one of my grandsons likes collecting things and is a palaeontologist!