jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What's the most unique or obscure race/species you've encountered in a video gam

1. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

What's the most unique or obscure race/species you've encountered in a video game?

This will apply mostly to Fantasy and Sci-fi RPG gamers. In my opinion, it would have to be the sentient elephant-like creatures from Mass Effect (can't remember their names) who express their emotions before beginning a sentence. They just seem like an odd people and their history of communication is rather bizarre.

2. Danieljohnston profile image88
    Danieljohnstonposted 5 years ago

Mass Effect has many species that are interesting like that - the Elcor which you mentioned, the Asari. I always like the thought of some sort of telepathy or such so I like the Asari. They actually worked pretty hard on their races so they weren't exactly the same cut and paste characters you find in fantasy/sci-fi.

3. SportsBetter profile image78
    SportsBetterposted 5 years ago

I think the Iksar from the game EverQuest are pretty interesting.  I know a lizard race isn't that unique.  I do think it is fascinating with all the talk in real life about an alien lizard race that lives among us.  I always see YouTube videos talking about how politicians and people in the media are lizard people.  Anyway good question I probably don't play enough video games to give the best answer.  I do remember being addicted to EverQuest when I was 13 years old.  Part of me misses that game.

4. leakeem profile image82
    leakeemposted 5 years ago

The Protoss-Zerg Hybrid from Starcraft2. They are powerful psionic beings that were made by the Xel'Naga. They are like zerg and protoss twisted together. They have the power of the two races and are the most powerful enemies you will face in the game.

I was a bit surprised when I saw it in Starcraft2. It's like apocalyptic. The Protoss-Zerg Hybrids were supposed to end everything.

1. BraidedZero profile image93
      BraidedZeroposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Amazing answer. They are epic. I was thinking right along those lines too.

2. leakeem profile image82
      leakeemposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. I can't face these monsters again in Heart of the Swarm!

5. Georgie Lowery profile image96
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

Not necessarily obscure, but I love the Murlocs in World of Warcraft, especiallyn the baby ones. I run around making the gurgling noise they make to get the kids riled up.

6. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

I cannot answer the question, but the old journalist in mean demands that I point out that something is unique or not not unique. Unique means one of a kind. So there is no such thing as more unique and most unique. I understand the temptation to say most unique, it has almost got past me a few times in my writing. But this is a writing site and I do not mean to be a nit-picker, but when one person uses that phrase, others will quickly pick up on it. (I had to rewrite that last sentence so I did not end the sentence with an adverb ending in ly, another carryover from my reporting days.

1. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
      JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks very much for the clarification there, Larry Wall! Can't believe I made that mistake! ^^

Closed to reply

working