jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is there a talent or a skill you wish you had but don't?

1. jenbeach21 profile image78
    jenbeach21posted 5 years ago

Is there a talent or a skill you wish you had but don't?

I see things in nature sometimes and I wish I could sit and paint that exact scene as it is before me but I can't. I just don't have that skill. Is there some talent you wish you had? Or even a skill. I have always wanted to learn how to surf and maybe one day I will learn. Until then, I look on with envy!

2. innerspin profile image92
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

I'd really like to be able to sew well, to alter or make clothes. At junior school, I did some cross-stitch and sewed the work to my own skirt. The teacher had to cut me free. Then at senior school, that teacher watched on as I cut out material to make a dress, but it was a size too small. My mum wrote a letter complaining about the waste of money, and the teacher had it in for me after that. I need to get over it, and take some lessons.

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

A talent for playing piano. Whenever I play, it reminds me of my grandmother but she had a talent for playing.

4. teaches12345 profile image96
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I can sing, but not American Idol quality... would love to be able to sing well, just for my own pleasure.

5. ivanmarginal profile image60
    ivanmarginalposted 5 years ago

I wish I could sing. lol... My voice is terrible and terrorizing, my sister said that.

6. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 5 years ago

Both my sister and my husband are talented artists.   
    Either of them can free hand a still life, a portrait, or a cartoon.

Neither of them care about showcasing or expanding their ability.

Each of them, say, that, I have not " developed" my writing talent.

I guess, the grass really does seem to be greener on the other side.

7. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 5 years ago

Yes, I would love to be a good artist, to be able to paint beautiful pictures....I used to sketch a lot when I was much younger, but I kind of lost interest in it....not so sure I was too good at it anyway.....but being able to express yourself through painting would be wonderful, I just don't think I am very talented in that area....although I am better in the areas of writing and playing the piano.....we all have different gifts.

8. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I wish I knew more about cars. I'd like to be able to change my own oil, do minor car repairs on my own, etc. but haven't had a chance to learn those skills. About all I know is how to put gas in it and how to put air in the tires. sad