jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

When I say "roleplaying", you think....

1. Amber Howard profile image59
    Amber Howardposted 5 years ago

When I say "roleplaying", you think....

2. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

Well....   I associate "role-playing" with some of the activities that are done at corporations these days; so I think, "stupid" (the activity, not the people doing it - but maybe the people who think it's a useful thing to do at a company  hmm  ).  I'm aware that people sometimes do role-playing in other settings, but I only associate with those corporate "get-togethers" that - sorry - I do think are a stupid way to get messages across to employees.  Maybe it's just me, but I'd also think "stupid" if it were in a setting like a counseling session.  (In case I wasn't already clear...   Please understand I mean that the activity is "stupid".  I'm not referring to you AT ALL by coming up with that word as my "word-association thing" for "role-playing".

Amber Howardposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh, do not worry. I understand! And, honestly, I completely agree. Thank you for your opinion. (:

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image96
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

I agree--"stupid."
    Years back, when I tried being a "Tupperware Lady,"  (LOL--Epic Fail!)... they did these workshops with role-playing on how to convince the hostess to book another party, or the guests to book one at all.

The trouble I found was, the people we needed to convince WERE NOT AT THE WORKSHOP TO LEARN THEY SHOULD AGREE to our "persuasions."

That would be the worst part, wouldn't it? It is always easier to play the correct role when everyone knows their script.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I hear "role-playing" and I immediately think of my college roommate who was into Dungeons and Dragons and other "role-playing" games that were popular in the 80s. Man, he was annoying. Haha

Haha, Dungeons and Dragons is fun, though! It is still popular, though not as much. (:

5. tussin profile image58
    tussinposted 5 years ago

champagne, candles, mood music, and barry manilow costumes

working