jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is your favourite childhood game?

1. Adamowen profile image80
    Adamowenposted 4 years ago

What is your favourite childhood game?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Outdoors, it was tether ball. I loved that game and my dad put up a tether ball pole and ball in our yard for me.  I didn't spend much time indoors as a child so we didn't play many indoor games.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Apples to Apples. It's a great fun game that is perfect for children. But the one from my childhood is Clue. Definately. It was always my brother, father, and myself fighting to beat each other. Who would get there first?

4. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

5 stones! I love to play 5 stones when i was in primary school. I even asked my mom to make a set for me because all my friends have their own 5 stones. It is actually small triangle pouch filled with red beans and playing method is similar to jacks.

5. Vacation Trip profile image72
    Vacation Tripposted 4 years ago

Loved playing badminton outside and playing with barbie dolls insides the house was fun with my little sister.

6. cre8ivOne profile image77
    cre8ivOneposted 4 years ago

For board games: I loved Clue, Boggle, Life and Monopoly

For outdoor games I loved to play tether ball, kick ball, freeze tag and kick the bucket

7. Billie Kelpin profile image87
    Billie Kelpinposted 4 years ago

I loved playing the card game "Authors" where you ask your opponent for cards by naming the book and author.  "Do you have "House of Seven Gables by Hawthorne?"  I liked it so much that I re-published "American Authors" when I was 40, limited number of decks; I didn't have enough money to promote it or make it as lovely as the first game.  A guy in New Jersey did, however.  (He got the idea at the exact same time I did, and re-published the game by changing one author, Poe, which I could have done but didn't.)  Pshaw.  I also loved the bouncing ball game that little girls played, "One, Two, Three Allaire" (Girls had separate games because we couldn't go over to "the boys' side" nor could the boys come over to our side on a Catholic school playground in the '50s.) You bounce the ball 3 times and then either swing your leg over to the right or left (there are particular moves for each flower name).  I never realized the chant of the game consisted of ALL flower names until I was an adult; "Nasturtium" to me was just a funny word when I played the game. (I once found the spelling of allaire as a flower, but can't anymore.  If you find it or know it, will you email me or comment.)  Another fun game was Tangle Up that the girls played on the playground.  One person hides her eyes while the rest of the girls hold hands, never letting go and tangle themselves up by putting a leg over two other players held hands, another one scooting under another player, until all are tangled up.  You cannot break your hands to do this.  Then the player who was out has to un-tangle the whole jumble without breaking the hand holds.  We LOVED it!

8. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image99
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 4 years ago

Kick the can - a group of us would play this game for hours and hours until it was too dark to see.  Always great fun.

9. sm825 profile image59
    sm825posted 4 years ago

Athletic wise I would choose dodge ball, but for video games there are a few that tie for that spot. The list would be super Mario 64, crash Bandicoot 1, 2, 3, Spyro 1, 2, 3, and Castlevania SOTN.

10. howtobeasuccess profile image73
    howtobeasuccessposted 4 years ago

My favorite childhood game is called "Tigso" in our place. I love running and chasing around my friends. I even had a broken hand because of playing this game, but after several weeks, i still got the nerve to play the game ( a childish decision i guess).

working