does anyone have a PS3?!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 50 discussions (75 posts)
  1. double_frick profile image60
    double_frickposted 14 years ago

just curious.
    not many do, it seems.

if you have an xbox360....why? sad are you punishing yourself???

1. SMASHKING profile image59
      SMASHKINGposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh yea my ps3 awesome.. God of war 3, heavy rain, blu ray is just awesome too.. I can't wait to watch AVATAR in blu ray with my 50' Samsung HDTV...

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

my son has a PS3. he really likes it.

3. drej2522 profile image67
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Raises hand...I'm an owner of the PS3...I love that it has bluray capabilities!!

4. dpfitzell profile image65
      dpfitzellposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just got a ps3 and I love it.

5. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My friend has a PS3 and says he wishes he hadn't gotten rid of his PS2.

6. I love ... profile image60
      I love ...posted 14 years agoin reply to this

they have sold plenty. I think it is really good, great for playing all my movies that are on a portable hard drive, just plug it into a usb port and away you go, simple.

7. profile image51
      yorkrestorationposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have both. I somewhat prefer my PS3; mostly because I prefer the controller, but also because I can rely on my PS3 not to spontaneously explode every other month.

I've gone through 5 Xboxes.

8. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes and it rocks!  I have an Xbox back home too and it sucks.

9. danatheteacher profile image69
      danatheteacherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I own both an xbox and a ps3. The ps3 is superior in every way, but i love gears of war and halo which are exclusive to xbox.

10. profile image0
      RoyZwamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I got a PS3, Me like it

11. scblueboy profile image60
      scblueboyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i have a ps3. the games are awesome. you got a point about people not having ps3.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I don't have either, but wanted to stop in and say "Hi".

Welcome to HubPages Smashking.

@Double_Frick, nice to see you again. Hope you're doing well. smile

3. The10DollarMark profile image60
    The10DollarMarkposted 14 years ago

I have...a Gamecube, a PS2, a N64, a DSi, and a PSP, and some older consoles.

But that's Ok! My brother has a 360, and my hunny has both a 360 and a ps3 (and his mom has a wii). I get to enjoy the best of everything.

4. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

I do...I have both PS3 And Xbox 360...Don't play as much as I used to and play the PS3 most...but it's nice to have both if you can afford to.

5. double_frick profile image60

Smashking: YES, games are way better on big HDTVs, and i love that we have a bluray player in our PS3! have you seen those LED tvs? ridiculous! oh oh, have you played Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket powered battle cars?
    Cagsil: ♥ i can't complain.
    10dollar: we have a lot of systems too, that don't get used anymore since our new "family member" PS3 came aboard. haha thats bad, huh?  but we watch movies and listen to music and play games, its almost literally always on. smile which is better in your opinion, xbox360 or ps3?
    Cosette: smart kid! wink
    StormRyder: you should download supersonic acrobatic rocket powered battle cars...its awesome. and addictive. and i need some other girls to play with! sad its all teenage boys...and some men.

and hey, i'm double_frick on playstation network *hint hint* wink

1. Alya rose profile image61
      Alya roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have a ps3 it's absolutley awesome!!! That saw game is really cool!

2. SMASHKING profile image59
      SMASHKINGposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you know its tough.. I don't know which one is exactly better.. They both have their strong points.. XBOX 360 had PS3 for a while.. BUt the PS# has caught so much momentum these days.. Plus the games for PS3 are finally arrivig.. Uncharted 2 one game of the year it is just about a perfect 10 game. I think after 2010 we will see which one is the clear HD conosle. Can't count the Wii as a Hi Def system even tho that thing is cool too.  What do you think Double_frick

6. double_frick profile image60

okay, now *everyone* with a PS3 should download:
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/918/918890p1.html

its a Playstation network game, its 9.99.
    You play soccer with rocket powered battle cars! its the best $15 we've spent all year. (it was $15 when we bought it)

1. Alya rose profile image61
      Alya roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ohhhh,rocket powered battle cars!!!

7. drej2522 profile image67
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

I'll give it some consideration...

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
      wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

consideration. . where is your hub for the week? ha i already have 2 in. . . you have no time for a PS3

1. drej2522 profile image67

ha, slackin I guess..I have two half-written..blehhh

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
          wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

kinda like almost pregnant wink))

1. drej2522 profile image67

bahhh...give me till tomorrow...I'll have them both out.

besides, I have to try double-fricks rocket paddled battle cars game! I can't let her down either! tongue

8. profile image0
    Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years ago

Yes. I bought one when it first came out for the Blu-Ray... Still use it to watch Blu-Rays... May play a game 2 days a year when my little brother visits for the holidays.

9. Cris A profile image60
    Cris Aposted 14 years ago

Just bought a unit, like two weeks back. Anyway, I'm becoming a gamer all over again. I was an addict for PS1 in the 90s, skipped out on PS2 because of work. But now...I just finished Prince of Persia and will start on Dragon Age.

Btw, I also plan to use it for playing DVD and Blu-ray movies but I'm not sure what regions/regional codes it supports. The unit's Japanese and I think the term they use is "Asian Version". Does anybody know? Thanks in advance! cool

1. The10DollarMark profile image60
      The10DollarMarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A Japanese PS3 will play:
      -Any PS3 Games
      -Any Region A Bluray (America and Japan are both region A). Here's a link to the BluRay Region Map
      -Any Region 2 DVD. (Japan is region 2. North America is region 1) Here's a link to the Region Map
      -Japanese (Asian) PS2 games only (If you have a BC capable PS3 unit)
      -Japanese (Asian) PS1 games only

1. Cris A profile image60
        Cris Aposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow thanks! That should help me a lot! Thanks for responding to my queries cool

1. I love ... profile image60
          I love ...posted 14 years agoin reply to this

remember games disks are not region locked like other consoles.
          I have heaps of movies on a portable Hardrive and they all play fine,

10. penningl profile image67
    penninglposted 14 years ago

I have a ps3 and it is sick nasty. There is really no comparison on the market as far as compatibility and functionality. I have an older one, so all my ps2 titles work fine(kinda stinks they don't work on ps3 slims though). But, since so many great ps3 games have come out, my ps2 titles have become as rarely used as my x box.

11. Kexul profile image60
    Kexulposted 14 years ago

I have a PS3. It's becoming my favorite system. I have all 3 current consoles, and the PS3 is the newest one I have gotten.  I've enjoyed it a lot.

12. Beelzedad profile image60
    Beelzedadposted 14 years ago

My PS3 has stopped reading discs, and it's only just gone over the one year warranty. Sony told me to pound sand or hand over $160 to have a look at it. Repairs would cost more depending on what failed.

Looking over the internet, this appears to be an ongoing concern with many, yet Sony claims there is nothing wrong with their blu-ray readers.

After looking around at forums and other sites, it appears most are not going to Sony for repairs but are either swapping out the readers themselves or getting someone else to do it. The failure rates are huge.

It's no wonder Sony doesn't think there is a problem. The 1-2% fail rate they claim is only a result of those who actually ponied up the big bucks and sent the unit to them for repair. The rest are telling Sony to pound sand.

13. Sunny_S profile image60
    Sunny_Sposted 14 years ago

I've actually got both but i think the PS3 looks better and has quite good DVD and excellent Blu Ray but the Xbox just feels more like a gaming console.

14. WaddupSaralynn profile image60
    WaddupSaralynnposted 14 years ago

I have a PS3 and an Xbox 360. I hate Xbox so much but I love my PS3 tons. (: PS3 > Xbox

15. anniedee profile image63
    anniedeeposted 14 years ago

I also stick to the PS3. I wouldn't sneeze at an XBOX, but I'm content with what I have.

I'm lucky enough to have one with backwards compatibility. I love my old games and I'm happy to still be able to play them.

16. Eddy2106 profile image67
    Eddy2106posted 14 years ago

Ya i got stuck with an xbox 360, but i really dont see a problem with it, since well xbox users get the latest game add ons, and it suites me. It's only a gmae system if it breaks it breaks, everything happens for a reason.

17. CBSportsWriter profile image60
    CBSportsWriterposted 14 years ago

I have a playstation 3, Has different features than the xbox 360. Depending on what you like. The advantage for microsoft was bringing it out earlier, yes it had problems but they helped fix that problem by extending the warrenty for it to get fixed for free. Bringing it out 1 year later got them a head start on the video game industry. If they brought out the xbox 360 at same time as PS3, They would not have sold as many consoles as they did now. IMO.

18. profile image49
    darian2wattsposted 14 years ago

1.Valkyria Chronicles

2.Metal Gear Solid 4

3.Eternal Sonata

4.Resident evil 5

5.Soul Calibour 4

6.Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm

7.Disgaea 3

8.Devil May Cry 4

9.Folklore

10.The Elders scrolls IV : OBLIVION(game of the year edition)

ps3 games | ps3 modchip

19. squishybug profile image61
    squishybugposted 14 years ago

Yea I have a PS3. I wrote an article about the top 5 games I would like to see remade for it.

20. Timmy(B) profile image60
    Timmy(B)posted 14 years ago

I have two ps3 does that make me greedy or a geek?

1. bane.hellister profile image61
      bane.hellisterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sure do, Went to PS3 from Xbox 360 and never looked back. Its a core part of my families daily entertainment now..

21. ns1209 profile image62
    ns1209posted 14 years ago

The Xbox and the PS3 are basically the same except for the PS3 has blu-ray and is better as an entertainment system.  Xbox live is better although you have to pay for it and there are more games on the xbox and it is cheaper!

22. jeremyframer profile image59
    jeremyframerposted 13 years ago

I have a PS3. I bought it a month ago and have played through Bad Company 2 and Uncharted. I am currently playing Killzone 2 now. I also now have PlayStation Plus which is pretty cool. Anyone buy Plus?

23. zackec profile image59
    zackecposted 13 years ago

I have both, prefer PS3 though.

24. Nater28 profile image60
    Nater28posted 13 years ago

i have a ps3 and i prefer it over 360. i went through three 360s before i got my ps3. ps3 is still cheaper than most blu ray players. 360s have a horrible habit of overheating and breaking. theyre just poorly made and not designed well.

25. bojanglesk8 profile image61
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

I don't waste my money on video games.

26. FuzzyCookie profile image73
    FuzzyCookieposted 13 years ago

I have a ps2..I am thinking to get ps3 to play Final Fantasy xiii versus. big_smile

27. xboxps3wow profile image39
    xboxps3wowposted 13 years ago

i sure do own a ps3 and I love it! I even wrote a hub about best exclusive ps3 games

28. buyairhogs profile image58
    buyairhogsposted 13 years ago

I have a PS3. I've never had a problem with it though. I usually would expect a 360 go get the ring of death before anything

29. Richard Craig profile image59
    Richard Craigposted 13 years ago

I'm on my 2nd PS3!  After the original 60GB version broke that I paid £460 for, I found a brand new 250GB slim on e-bay for £190.  What a bargain!

1. profile image0
      RoyZwamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The 60GB version breaks fairly fast right?
      190 sure is cheap!

1. Richard Craig profile image59
        Richard Craigposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My 60GB only broke down a few months ago.  It's served me well, a lot of good times.  Yeah £190, couldn't believe it myself.  It was cos it didn't have the original box so the slashed the price.  I still prefer the look of the old one though.

30. Hub Love profile image39
    Hub Loveposted 13 years ago

Not yet! I'm pretty happy with my xbox, though.

31. Garrett McLee profile image39
    Garrett McLeeposted 13 years ago

I've had one since it came out. But to be honest, I haven't used it as much as my other consoles.

32. Adam9000 profile image40
    Adam9000posted 13 years ago

I wish!!! Playstation > xBox ANY DAY

33. johnnysommona profile image40
    johnnysommonaposted 13 years ago

Duhhh of course! Its only the ultimate video game system.

34. Zakmoonbeam profile image87
    Zakmoonbeamposted 13 years ago

Yup, got a PS3 after my Xbox 360 got the red ring of death.  Now my PS3 is just outside of warranty, and it has a similar problem...  Gutted does not do it justice sad  The only recent console that hasn't let me down is my Wii, but it really doesn't get used much.

35. profile image56
    ABlogsposted 13 years ago

PS-3 Gamer for Life I love it plus I'm registered on Playstation Network for FREE!!!

36. profile image57
    skhan27posted 13 years ago

Yep own a PS3, 360 and wii.
    I am in MLG - major league gaming smile So yeah, its a BIGG hobby and a large source of my income doing what I love.
    I wrote some gun tips for you mw2 newbies.
    Oh yeah the ps3 is great, and so is the xbox, any owner that ACTUALLY plays both wont say one owns the other but the ps3 is slightly better than the 360 because of exclusives. XBOX Live is WAY better than PSN because of party chat and online features.

PSN: SoB-oPiuM
    XBOX LIVE: oPiuMiZe

37. madeline Oscar profile image60
    madeline Oscarposted 13 years ago

I have a PS3. The Slim One. The Graphics are excellent and I can even watch Blu-Ray movies with that.

38. xboxps3wow profile image39
    xboxps3wowposted 13 years ago

I sure do have one! I also have over 15 games smile I play it everyday

39. profile image0
    wicklesscandlesposted 13 years ago

I have a PS3. We play Rock Band on it alot and play Blu-Ray movies. It is the best!

40. passthejelly profile image74
    passthejellyposted 13 years ago

I've had a PlayStation 3 for about 3 years and haven't had any regrets or problems.  Love it!

41. HotRondo profile image60
    HotRondoposted 13 years ago

PS3 is the best...

1. OldSkoolFool profile image61
      OldSkoolFoolposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Damn fanboys are redic! Each system has it's positives and negatives!

42. I am DB Cooper profile image84
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

Let me sum up this round of the video game wars: Wii won the younger and older crowds because it was simple to use, even though it had poorer graphics than the Xbox 360 or PS3. Xbox 360 actually had better graphics than PS3 for most games that were available on both consoles... at first. The problem was that PS3 was difficult to program for, so developers were devoting more time to the Xbox 360 games. That has now changed. Developers are coming out with games for PS3 that have much better graphics than Xbox 360. Games like the upcoming Gran Turismo 5, which has been in production for over 4 years, have absolutely stunning graphics.

So who wins in the end? It's hard to say. Wii has pretty much fallen off the map as Microsoft and Sony have come out with more innovative controllers for their systems and true gamers have started to flock to those systems. Unlike previous console generations, this one will last more than 5 years, so I think PS3 will win in the end just because it can do so much more than Xbox 360. Also, it's a BluRay player, and BluRay beat HD-DVD (which Microsoft was backing) in that format war. Just another reason to buy a PS3 over an Xbox 360. And I say that as someone who chose Xbox 360 two years ago.

43. WJP11 profile image58
    WJP11posted 13 years ago

I am selling a PS2 with 85 games though, if that helps. lol

44. jamesphilipson profile image58
    jamesphilipsonposted 13 years ago

I've got both, and a Wii. Yes I'm a nerd sad

I think that PS3 is best for online gaming, because you don't pay like you do for live, 360 has the best game titles, and Wii is more a "party" console- you play it when you want to have a good time with your friends.

45. Akshun profile image60
    Akshunposted 13 years ago

The wise gamer has to have a Ps3.

My psn is VerbsInAkshun, add me if you want.

46. profile image48
    shernard23posted 13 years ago

For anyone who is drained involving your own every day routine dominated from the several times your selected TV shows are upon
    (or should they usually are not around the air anymore) or in the event that you are suffering with expending $20 along at the video movie for your movie
    you happen to be undecided you do take pleasure in;  then you definately could observe watch movie online any kind of movie online totally free.
    Considering the comparatively recent dawning in the facts time,  its right now probable to do therefore.
    There are several websites who have free of charge accessibility to be able to motion pictures as well as Series,  it can be a little issue with getting these.
    download free online movies
    Now..  Free Ipad

47. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

I did have a PS3 but it was stollen from my home a few months ago and ofcourse Bradford PA police didnt see it a priority and didnt care to really investigate.

48. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

I loved it although I never used it to play video games. I used it for my kids pictures and internet access...

49. Jumpen_Jay profile image60
    Jumpen_Jayposted 13 years ago

I wish i had a ps3 hmm

I've played it at my friends house and its too epic not to have!
    none of that xbox 360 stuff.. i don't wanna be paying extra money to play with game geeks all over the globe... i'd rather do it for free with a ps3 x]

50. jdomingo profile image61
    jdomingoposted 13 years ago

I own a PS3 and I love it! BluRay player, don't need more than one disk to play some games I'm talking to you FF13 on xbox, I use it more though to play movies and stuff than my xbox because it doesn't sound like Boeing 757 isn't landing in my bedroom when I turn it on or have it start playing a movie.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)