Favorite MMORPG games played.

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (30 posts)
  1. dheluxe profile image60
    dheluxeposted 13 years ago

I was playing my MMORPG games like Ran Online. Then I have also a Private Server of that game. Pretty good to play cause I play this game almost a year. and I was developing new customized armor and weapons. So how about you? What do you play when you are in front of your computer?

1. Nexusx2 profile image60
      Nexusx2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I use to play WoW for a long time. I really damaged the people around me when I was addicted but now I stay off video games and try to just make money online when im infront of my computer. creating never ending link wheels is just as good as WoW smile

2. laneanders profile image60
    laneandersposted 13 years ago

I've played Runes of Magic, Age of Conan, Allods Online, Forsaken World, Fiesta Online, and a bunch of other Free MMORPG.  I've been playing World of Warcraft off an on for over 6 years, and I started playing Rift recently.  I also wind up wasting quite a bit of time on those dumb little Facebook games such as Battle Stations, Deep Realms, Dragon Age Legends, and a few others lol.  Pretty big gamer.

3. almu007 profile image61
    almu007posted 13 years ago

Two great MMORPG's I've played were a bit different from the rest. League of Legends and Atlantica. Atlantica is an open-world game like World of Warcraft, but the battle system is much different. It's a turn based, strategic group battling. It's sounds complicated but it's actually very entertaining. And League of Legends...well... It's kind of difficult to explain haha. Just watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV2rRcskn4Y

It's different but incredibly fun! Oh, and both are free smile

Hope this helps!

4. gamesinlove profile image59
    gamesinloveposted 13 years ago

I've played a LOT of mmo's over the years, but only stuck with a few. Depends on what you're looking for I guess? I'm a huge fan of Ragnarok Online. Like someone else said, League of Legends is a LOT of fun, as well as Atlantica. I love those two to pieces. Thinking about trying out a Gmod server as well.

5. CYoung75 profile image59
    CYoung75posted 12 years ago

I've just started playing Allods Online and will be reviewing it on my site at the end of the week.

My site and another guy are currently going through a whack of them to find out what ones we think are the best and  we're mainly sticking to free to play ones too.

6. Jeremiah Boyd profile image61
    Jeremiah Boydposted 12 years ago

I am a bit of a World of Warcraft fanatic, but I recently tried Rift and enjoy it immensely. I think I'll eventually end up playing it past the free trial if I ever have the money.

Other MMOs I've enjoyed are Runes of Magic, Runescape, and Eudemons.

7. CZCZCZ profile image89
    CZCZCZposted 12 years ago

My favorite was still the original ultima online, back when mmo's were tough, the first everquest was an excellent game as well despite the hundreds of hours required to do anything significant those were really fun mmo's.

8. WHoArtNow profile image82
    WHoArtNowposted 12 years ago

I'm all about Lord Of The Rings Online, especially after it went F2P! Great game, friendly people!

1. CYoung75 profile image59
      CYoung75posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Does LOTRO let you play all the game for free? What are the restrictions?

Conan is going FTP but its more like a big demo than an FTP game

1. WHoArtNow profile image82
        WHoArtNowposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You don't get all the game for free because there are a couple of expansions to get but you can get them cheap these days and won't need them till lvl 50.

9. Alexander Hall profile image61
    Alexander Hallposted 12 years ago

I recently tried Cardmon Hero, and though it was a pretty good game. I wish they would have made an online version of the Dot Hack games.

10. Jaymighty2 profile image61
    Jaymighty2posted 12 years ago

I played lord of the rings online before it went free it was good. When it went free I downgraded my account to a free one and they wanted me to buy all the quests and character slots that i'd already purchased by buying the game. other than that it was a good game. Another game that was good but only for a few weeks was DC universe but then thats only because you get to work for the Joker.

11. buckey777 profile image76
    buckey777posted 12 years ago

I've enjoyed over the past 7 years ConquerOnline, Eudemons, Cabal, WoW, and Darkages. I switch between them whenever I get tired out of one. I've tried quite a few others but those are the ones I've come back to the most.

12. profile image0
    Aleister888posted 12 years ago

Love it or hate it there is no denying that world of Warcraft has a huge player base, and it is for that reason that i have met some great friends and had a wonderful time over the past few years and continue to this day...

13. evonymaster profile image61
    evonymasterposted 12 years ago

not really an RPG but League of Legends is phenomenal

14. thooghun profile image94
    thooghunposted 12 years ago

Asheron's call - Dark Tide server. I quit back in 2001 but it's still going strong by all accounts. Brutal.

15. Johnrr631992 profile image85
    Johnrr631992posted 12 years ago

Not 1 Runescape person out there.. I'm shocked.. Well i'll take that one.. Runescape could easily be considered to me as the best computer game, for killing time, boredom, or just messing around on your spare time.

16. Grifter profile image70
    Grifterposted 12 years ago

Everquest when it was new
    World of Warcraft when it was new
    Shadowbane had fun PVP, but I hated point and click movement.

Stuff gets old sad

17. mobias profile image72
    mobiasposted 12 years ago

huh, no one's said EVE Online yet? Ever since the old Westwood studios 'Earth and Beyond' went defunct, I've longed for a sci-fi space rpg, that incorporated building custom ships, combat and FPS style jots into a space hanger to interact with others avatars and find jobs etc.

Now EVE is a whole new beast altogether, it's beautiful, it's brutal and immense...and because of that just as inticing. AND, i've heard, with the latest updates, brought me my wish of FPS style character interactions!

18. Dan90017 profile image62
    Dan90017posted 12 years ago

I have played a ton of MMOs for the past 12 years like Ultima Online, Runescape, Dark Ages, Redmoon Online, Everquest, WoW, Ragnarok Online, RF Online, and so many more.

As far as my favorite goes, I would have to say Ragnarok Online had a lot of great memories.

19. KSchaefer profile image60
    KSchaeferposted 12 years ago

Rift is my favorite right now, but that may change next month when Star Wars the Old Republic releases.

20. Trekkiemelissa profile image64
    Trekkiemelissaposted 12 years ago

Star Trek Online is my favorite.  As for Star Wars Republic, its going to end up one of those games that is also going to be my favorite.  I was able to beta test it this weekend and I can admit, I love the game.  There are certain things in that game, I now wish STO had.  The best part of it all,  I have found, I can actually play both games smile

21. Morrow66 profile image63
    Morrow66posted 12 years ago

My favourites would include Face Of Mankind and RF online both of those games I played for a long time and really enjoyed. Aion was not too bad when it first launched Also

22. profile image0
    zEric7xposted 12 years ago

I like a game called Maple story. That is my favorite online game.

23. R9139 profile image60
    R9139posted 12 years ago

MMORPG's used to take up a large part of my life. With titles such as World of Warcraft and Runescape (That was back in 2002 when there was nothing else in that area). The trouble I found with MMORPG's was that the achievements within the games, personal goals and so on built up a really bad addictive quality. I remember one month I ran out of game time and spent eight hours in town trying to find a gamestop. World of Warcraft will always be the best for me.

24. rbe0 profile image59
    rbe0posted 12 years ago

The first (and best) mmo was ultima online. it is still available to play, but it is completely diffrent and not as fun as it was back in its glory days.

25. profile image57
    omggoshgoshposted 12 years ago

My all time favorite was WoW (World of Warcraft). It's the most addicting game I ever played, I also played Runescape once but those two can't be compared at all.

26. rLcasaLme profile image70
    rLcasaLmeposted 12 years ago

Well, when I was still in college, I tried "Ragnarok" and quite loved the experience.

27. BfoBarney profile image59
    BfoBarneyposted 12 years ago

Honestly it changes every month for me. When I was a kid like most others I started off with Browsers based MMO's (Runescape in particular). Then I branched off to more advanced MMORPG's (however still free) although they never lived up to the expectations that I had grown after reading hundreds of World of Warcraft and EverQuest reviews. But the day LOTRO became free I vowed to one day play it. So it is still currently my favourite MMORPG, however one day when I can afford to pay monthly subscriptions I would love to try out Star Wars: The Old Republic.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)