- Exercise & Fitness»
- Choosing a Workout
How to Choose an Office Workout Routine
How to Choose an Office Workout
How do you choose a workout routine when you are on your butt all day? Some of us are self employed and work at home. This is just a matter of discipline and pushing yourself away from that chair you have been sitting on for hours each day, typing away and staring at your computer screen. Of course it is easier to say then do. Especially if being on the internet has become an addiction.
if you do get a chance to push yourself away from your little space, a good routine to get into is to take a walk during break time. This means not sitting with your co-workers playing cribbage. Ask a co-worker to join you. If you have a couple 15 minute breaks or even a lunch break, this is a wonderful way to release the stress of being cooped up in the office. Walking is a low impact exercise.
If you are stuck at the desk a few basic exercises can be done. Even if you have to wait until no one is watching.
Here we will explore the “I been sitting on my butt all day workout routine.”
How to get an Office Workout
Office Workout Routine (if Your Boss Will Allow This)
ULTIMATE OFFICE WORKOUT (This guy is nuts)
Simple Tips And Exercises At The Office
- Every half hour stand up, strength and take a brief walk or walk in place (if no one is watching) for a few minutes.
- Look away from the screen every half hour for a couple a minutes. Focus on something far away. This will give your eyes a break. Plus remember to blink. It is a fact that when we don’t blink as much when we are on the computer. This dries out our eyes.
- Stretch your calves by moving your feet up towards you and then down. This will help prevent blot clots.
- Roll your ankles regularly, this helps improve blood circulation.
- Move your head down toward your chin, then side to side and look right and left.
- Roll your wrist often to avoid carpal tunnel.
- Sit tall and place the left arm behind left hip. Gently twist to the left, using the right hand to deepen the stretch, holding for 20-30 seconds. Repeat on the other side. This is good for the lower back.
- Place a water bottle between your knees as you sit tall with the abs in. Squeeze the bottle then release halfway and squeeze again. Complete 16 reps. This is good for the inner thigh.
- Sit tall with the abs in and extend the right leg until it is at hip level. Hold for 10 to 15 seconds and repeat for the other side. About 16 reps.
- While in the sitting position, lift up until your hips are slightly hovering over the chair, arms out for balance. Hold 3 seconds, stand all the way up and repeat for 16 reps.
30 Hubs in 30 Days
Office Workout on Amazon
Health Topics and Recipes
- Recipes and weight loss
Find recipe information and exercise and weight loss all on the same page.
- My Top 10 Healthful Choices
You don't need anything but the right foods and the right plan to achieve your perfect healthful balance This is the biggest money making scam in the world today: Companies selling you worthless supplements and fat burners with false promises.Without
- My Quest for Healthy Living Diary
There is nothing fun about dieting. Some people are so fortunate to never have a weight problem. Some years back I worked with a woman who all her life could not keep the weight on. Yet she was healthy. During the entire course of the day at work, sh
Health on HubPages
- Choosing a Diet to Lower Your Cholesterol
Walk side by side with Good Cholesterol. Don't let Bad Cholesterol get behind you. Cholesterol is defined in two parts. The first part is Low-density lipoprotein, or LDL. This is the bad type of cholesterol...
- Atkins Diet a Way of Life
Since my daughter was born, I have struggled with my weight. No matter how much I exercised and cut back on calories, it just wasn't working. Gaining weight isnt just about calories. It is how our bodies...
- Getting to the Root of Veganism
In 1944, Donald Watson and Elsie Shrigley in England founded the Vegan Society. Unlike vegetarians a vegan does not eat or drink any dairy products. The first vegan society in the United States was founded...
- Vegan Diet for Babies Good or Bad
There is a wide controversy on if babies, especially newborns should be on a vegan diet. Is this healthy or is it a death sentence? We have all heard of the stories of starvation and death of babies given...
- Weight Loss Tips of Charlies Angels
Charlie's Angels(Superbit Two-Disc Deluxe Edition)(2000)Sold on Amazon. Charlies Angels began as a TV is 1975, with the original angels as Kate Jackson, Farrah Fawcett-Majors, and Jaclyn Smith. After...
- Energy of Yoga
The Shiva Pashupati, seal with the seated Shiva figure termed Pashupati. According to Indus archeologist Gregory Possehl, Several steatite seals discovered at Indus Valley Civilization sites depict figures in...
- Alzheimers Disease Prevention With Ginkgo Biloba
This is a slice through a healthy brain Ginkgo biloba has been shown to help slow down the progression of Alzheimers disease. According to the AMA Health Care Trends 2008 under Complementary and...
- Home Remedies For a Cold
Whenever we came down with a cold my mother would mix up a combination of honey and lemon juice in equal parts. She would dispense this as any liquid cough medicine in teaspoon form. She would also make a pot...
- Can Chinese Medicine Cure Eczema?
Eczema on the arms Eczema is something that runs in my family. I have lived with this since my teen years. I had suffered chronic eczema when we owned a ferret, named Roxie for nine years. Large patches...
- Natural Treatment of Homeopathy
Mortar and pestle used for grinding insoluble solids into homeopathic remedies including quartz and oyster shells. In 1796, German physician Samuel Hahnemann treated patients with heavily diluted...
- Acupuncture versus Acupressure
Acupuncture and Acupressure are both part of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) or alternative medicine. These both work off of the pressure points and are centered on touching meridians which carry energy...
- Lose Weight with Positive Affirmations
Loss weight with positive affirmations. Then read about the 177 weight loss tips (listed below). There are many different diets waiting to slim down you pocketbook. The fact is, most of these dont work....
- Nutrition Secrets
Eating the right amount of fruits and vegetables. FDA guideline of nutrition is general for one type of person. But we are not one type but several types of people. We come from different backgrounds and...
- Heal with Colors
It has been shown that the color affects our mood. Some colors make us uneasy, while other colors gives out a warm comfortable feeling. Orange can be a stressful color, while blue is a calm color....
© 2010 Sandy Mertens