How to Relax, Recharge, and Rejuvenate Your Body, Mind and Spirit - Eastern and Western Ways
A Good Life is a Balanced Life
A vibrant life is a measure of good health. Pleasure from the things we do, and positive energy both given and received are a few of the ingredients we all need for our overall well being.
We live busy and hectic day to day routines that often interfere with achieving a balance in our lives. Some of us forget to add this balance. Some of us don’t know how to do it. There are simple therapeutic methods we can apply to ourselves that will give us a renewed sense of who we are, and what we need to make things better.
People who practice Eastern philosophies understand that well being comes from a balanced life. Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chrakra and Ayurveda are some examples of therapies that teach harmony, and how to rebalance our energies in line with nature and our innate selves.
Self Reflection and Re-Energizing Yourself
There is no one set of rules that can be applied to everyone. We all have different personalities and different issues and scenarios going on in our lives. So before we put together some ideas of how to improve our life’s situation, we need to know ourselves by defining our personality.
What is your basic disposition? Are you easy going and relaxed, or hot tempered and impatient.
What is going on in your life right now? Are you overwhelmed, did you just have a major life change, are you anxious or relieved about something?
Depending on what what is going on, combined with your personality style you might need to be re-energized or you might need some calming to help re-balance yourself. You might want to consider more self reflection or to seek help from others. To help gain a new sense of self renewal here are some ideas:
- take it slow
- let go
- get to know
Setting Ourselves Up for Stress
There are ways to de-stress and relax.
- take the time to congratulate yourself for what you did get done
- however long your list is, make it smaller
- set realistic and small achievable milestones
- take note of what you did do
- relax with a cup of herbal tea
- give yourself some quiet time
- do some deep breathing
- do something kind for yourself
- take a warm bath and if you like bubbles use them
- give yourself some alone time
- get plenty of sleep
The Things that Weigh Us Down, Hold Us Back
Let It Go
Within our mind, body, and spirit our thoughts, anxieties, burdens, and anticipations weigh us down. We have a lot of things that are on our minds. Sometimes the patterns and habits we get into sap our energy and hold us back. Emotional stagnation weakens our spirit and drains our energy.
- unclutter your space
- it is okay to do things to the best of your ability - let go of perfection
- exercise to release pent up energy
- self talk about things that may be holding you back
- sing like nobody is listening
- dance like nobody is watching
- get a massage to release the tension in your muscles
- take a way
- draw a picture, do something creative and use your imagination
- get out of your routine
- step away from our electronic devices
Fulfillment from Your Passions
Get to Know
You can recharge yourself. Your passions and the things that give you fulfillment can stimulate your senses and excite your inner being. When you are doing something that brings you satisfaction, you feel younger, more energetic, more excited about your day. You can give yourself things to look forward to when it is something you truly like
- spend time with the people and pets who are important to you
- do something you have never done before
- find meaning in the things you are doing
- be true to yourself
- join a community involving your interest or your hobby
- take the time each day to pay yourself a compliment
- accept that change is stressful and be kind to yourself
- schedule time for you to do something you really like to do
- enjoy and take pleasure in who you are - value yourself (even if it is for the littlest thing)
What are the different ways Eastern philosophies achieve balance?
Eastern techniques for self renewal
- TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)
Chakra is a way to integrate the body, mind and emotions. lt comes from the Buddhist, Tantric, and Hindu traditions. Although references have been found in Jewish texts and the Kabbalah, in Egyptian, Christian and Islamic writings too. It means disc or wheel from ancient Sanskrit. There are 7 main chakras or centers in the body that are associated with specific organs, nerve pulses, and endocrine glands. Chakra techniques are thought to have originated in the second century B.C.E. In the past, chakras were focused to create higher level of consciousness. Today, chakras are used to help us be more grounded by bringing the energies within our body and connect us to the world. Reiki, yoga, crystal gem therapy, Tai Chi, Qigong, aromatherapy and Eastern martial arts are part of chakra focused therapy.
Chakras were introduced in the West about 100 years ago. Chakras are a way to tap into our pure life energy, for healing, balance, and rejuvenation. Chakra can be a very powerful experience, and wonderful transformative work can be accomplished with a knowledgeable and qualified teacher. Chakra can renew your energy and inspire great things within yourself. You can learn to connect to an undiscovered energy that can radiate outward to light a new path for yourself.
- Panchakarma (cleansing) helps the body re-balance for better mental clarity.
- Herbs to improve digestion and eliminate toxins.
Traditional Chinese Medicine
- accupunture which helps Qi flow freely
- accupressure - rebalances the flow of energy in the body
- qigong (gaining energy from simple movement and breathing techniques)
- use of herbs formulated to support and strengthen organs
- healing through certain foods based on its energy substance, not necessarily the nutritional value.
- consideration of emotions and their connection to the organs within the body and how it influences our health
Ignite the Source Inside You
Most Eastern techniques and philosophies look to treat the body as a whole and believe that some toxins and other causes of the body being out of balance have been there for many years. Their philosophy is to cleanse and rebalance so the system can recharge and rejuvenate itself.
There are many choices that exist to renew your spirit, re-awaken a passion, and recharge yourself. You don’t have to just exist. You can live and thrive and flourish. Ignite the source of your energy and fire up your soul. New and exciting things await you from both Eastern and Western sources of renewal and relaxation techniques.
relax and meditate for a few minutes
Take this Poll
Have you ever tried using Chakra, Ayurveda, or Traditional Chinese Medicine?
More Articles by ToKnowInfo
Read More Articles Below the Comments
Other Articles by ToKnowInfo
- Life Coaching Courses: Knowing and Trusting Yourse...
Life is full of twists and turns, and sometimes you get knocked around. You never know what changes your life may take that force you to go in a direction you never expected. When this happens, what do you do? This is a brief summary of tips, a...
- Life Coaching Course Part 4: Tips for Making It Thro...
When we are faced with challenging times in our lives, it usually causes us to make transitions and transformations. Changes are difficult. We resist the comfort of what we knew, and fears of what we don’t know. Change happens. Life coaching...
- Life Coaching Courses: Knowing and Trusting Yourse...
How many of us really know ourselves. It is easier to doubt ourselves, to tell ourselves negative messages. It is easier to chastise ourselves for our mistakes. It is easier to judge ourselves harshly, rather than forgive ourselves simply because...
- Milestones and Meanings - Seeking Inspiration fro...
When I started many hubs ago, and I read about other people writing their 100th hub, I thought I won’t create something about my 100th hub. Even 2 hubs ago, I thought about the topics I will write about next, and writing about my 100th hub wasn't...
- Life Coaching Courses Part 3: Redirecting Ourselves ...
Sometimes in our lives, we have many setbacks. Things just don’t seem to be going our way. We program ourselves to continue plodding along. It is very important that we give ourselves permission to change course, to re evaluate and redirect...