- Mental Health»
How to Get Through Life’s Toughest Moments
Life Coaching Courses for Challenging Times
Listen to this Song: Who I Am
Change Your Thinking Change Your Life
- Look at your talents, your skills, your knowledge and use this to help you build up your confidence.
- Look at what you can be doing to make the most of your attributes.
- Ask yourself who you are
- What do you feel when you are at your best.
- Use the words 'I feel' - accept your emotions - own the feeling
- Empower yourself with thoughts that motivate and inspire you. Let these thoughts overflow and make you feel stronger, bigger, better.
- Focus on your strengths.
- Capitalize on the good within you and pursue your dreams.
- A positive attitude is everything - Change your thinking, change your life
You may be surprised at how opportunities start to open for you.
Our Beliefs Affect our Thoughts. Our Thoughts Affect our Actions
All along the way, it is helpful to understand your self defeating behavior. You can work on this yourself, or with a mental health counselor. A therapist will give you key signals to look for within yourself, and teach you about tools to help you deal with your behavior and thinking. Whether you use a counselor or do it yourself through these life coaching courses, read self help books, talk to someone, and motivate yourself to move forward, your aim is to become more self assured.
It is important to understand our actions, our thoughts, our self beliefs. We continue behaviors because we feel some reward. The rewards may be good or bad. We may relinquish our true desires to please others. Say no when you mean no. Take care of your own needs. Surround yourself with positive people and ask for help. You don’t have to figure everything out for yourself. Restore your inner confidence and let yourself blossom with the changes that will come.
Tough Times Never Last, Tough People Do
- setbacks are temporary, they won’t last forever.
- setbacks don’t define you as a success or a failure - not in your career, not in your love life, not in any aspect of your life. Events don’t define you.
- everyone has setbacks
- value your self worth - you are not inadequate - look at your best attributes
- allow yourself time to get used to the idea that things have changed
- think of some new opportunities this situation can brings
- ask yourself what freedoms you now have, that you did not before
- seek support - don’t feel like you have to deal with these things yourself
- humor is really good for the soul and laughter really is the best medicine
- exercise, eat right, get enough but not too much sleep
- look to take on a new project - keep yourself busy and help develop some enthusiasm for somethings.
- be realisitc - look at worst case scenarios and set up contingencies
- learn to let go of the things you can not control
- take action and make things the best they can for the time being
We Are Resistent to Change
When you are in the thick of all this, and your feelings rule the day, it is hard to apply the things you do you can do. Life is mainly how we look at things. Help yourself look at things from many perspectives. Life coaching courses bring the promise that you can make things better. You can, you will, you just have to want to.
We humans are resistent to change. Change sometimes is voluntary, but often it happens without our okay, leaving us to switch gears, usually at a time that is extremely inconvenient. It comes out of the blue, coercing us to re evaluate who we are, and where we are. As we pick up the pieces, and create a new picture for ourselves, we can learn new more about ourselves than we ever knew before. Anticipate the change and get used to the idea of new. Realize that there are things in life we can not control. Look at the things you can do. Add balance to your life with a mixture of acknowledging your feelings, letting go of the past and letting go of things that won’t work for you anymore, and look ahead withthe promise that things will be different, but better.
What do you think?
How Do You Handle Change?
Change is Worthwhile - Change Takes Time
Real effective change takes time. Getting to know and trust yourself takes time. Most things worthwhile take time. Therapists, mental health professionals, pastoral counselors, self help books and life coaching courses can give you many tips and ideas, but it is up to you to help yourself. Take your first steps. It is okay to have setbacks, to fall down, and to fail. Going forwards means this is a time of change and transformation. Don’t hold onto the past, look towards what a fresh start can mean.
Just as the seasons change, and spring brings renewal, change can help you blossom. No matter what age you are, change is the springtime of your life. In all this difficulty, is the promise of better opportunities and the possibilities of fulfilling your hopes and dreams. New and exciting changes await you. Change can be a wonderful and exciting time to celebrate. Embrace the possibilities that you know you can make happen.
Read More Articles from ToKnowInfo
More Articles from ToKnowInfo below the comments