Losing Weight with Ease
Eat a lot of veggies and fruit
Eat a lot of low calorie produce
Eliminate the Word Diet
You can lose weight comfortably with a healthy lifestyle plan. The word diet often brings to mind a feeling of immediate deprivation of favorite foods. No one wants to give up favorite foods, and it is a pretty grim forecast for those wishing to lose weight but don't want to give up favorite foods.
Think of your weight loss program as a non-diet program. Think about making some changes in your current diet that are healthy, filling and lower in calories than your previous eating plan. Strict one-sided diets are okay when you want to lose a few pounds for a particular event. If you want to be slender and trim for a long time start planning your new permanent eating venue. Diets can be boring and after a while you can be tempted to stray from the plan. Your goal is to develop healthy and satisfying eating habits. You need not despair as you can allow yourself at least one or two special treats per week. Make an eating plan that works for you. Are you a muncher and have the fridge close by all the time? Are you forced to eat meals out or at least away from home? There are solutions for all kinds of eating habits.
Types of One Sided Diets
- Protein only
- Very low carbohydrates
- No protein--diets
- Eggs amd grapefruit
- Juice diets
- Complete fasts
- Alternating day diets--one day protein and the next day carbs
- And any other combination of food you can dream up
Lose Weight and Keep it Off
- Eliminate the word diet from your vocabulary.
- Eat only when you are hungry.
- Eat slowly and enjoy the food.
- Use lots of spices and herbs.
- Eat only what you love.
- Plan what you are going to eat before going to a restaurant or someone's house.
- Allow for treats of favorite foods.
- Buffets are okay--pick your favorite foods and have small portions.
- Eat often during the day and avoid hunger.
- Never eat standing up.
- Eat large portions of produce.
- Keep a diary before or after each day. Diaries don't lie.
Enjoy What You Eat
Start Eating Healthy Today
When and What To Eat
Start the morning out with a small bowl of fruit to include: peaches, berries or melon.
Have protein for breakfast.
- Egg white omelets with one yoke. Add spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- One-half cup of cottage cheese with peppers and celery
- one-ounce string cheese with 1/2 slice of whole grain toast
- One slice of whole grain toast with peanut butter
- One-half chicken breast
- Turkey, tuna or lean beef sandwich. You can eat these sandwiches when dining out.
- Any type of salad will work- use oil and vinegar dressing; and stay away from the cheese and bacon.
- Stay away from food prepared in sauce or fried. (You can always ask how the food is prepared).
- Mexican restaurants--Have soft shell tacos with chicken or beef. Add lots of salsa as it has few calories.
- Chinese restaurants can be tricky. You can try their low calorie specials or go for the vegetarian entrée. Hot and sour soup will fill you up before a meal and it is delicious. Do not add soy sauce to your food.
- Never taste food while you are cooking. It is possible to eat almost an entire meal doing this---maybe a tiny taste to be sure of the taste.
- Make dinner a festive occasion by serving the food on nice dishes. If it is your choice, a glass of wine is enjoyable with your meal.
- Be aware of size and portion of foods. You don't have to measure your food, Very often 1/2 cup of food is considered a serving.
- A large green salad takes a while to eat and is low in calories.
- Vegetables that are seasoned with spices and bit of olive oil are tasty and low calorie.
- Save your dessert for later ---and try some fresh fruit.
These are not just rules for dieting but rules to stay lean, feel good and enjoy your food without guilt.
Eat Healthy to Lose Weight
Read this hub about losing and keep weight by Victoria Lynn.
- Best Weight Loss Plan - New Year's Resolution Ideas
Want to lose weight in the new year? Then don't make New Year's resolutions! Commit to make gradual, healthy lifestyle changes that will help you to achieve your goals.
Eat Healthfully on your Diet
- Easy Recipe for Cold Marinated Vegetable Salad
Salads are generally inexpensive and low calorie. Make this easy recipe for marinated vegetables and enjoy it for several days.
- Vegetarian Recipes: Use Left Over Vegetables
Here is a way to use up all those left over vegetables before throwing them away. You may create a masterpiece of a dinner..
- Tomato Vegetable Soup Recipes-From Scratch
Make this healthy tomato soup recipe and get your minimum daily requirement of vegetables.
- Eat a Healthy Diet Every Day
Try to eat a healthful diet daily. You will feel better, control your weight and be healthier in general.
- Losing Weight Easily
Staying reasonably full and comfortable helps dieters stay in their plan. Eating often with small snacks also helps stave off the hunger.