kallini2010 profile image 87

What would you write in a letter to yourself "How to alleviate my own depression?"

If you had to write a letter from your normal self to yourself in a state of depression, what would be in that letter? I was my assignment three years ago, and I still have not written this letter. It seems as hard to write it when I am busy enjoying non-depressed state as it is following some "optimistic" suggestions when I am depressed. And this cycle does not seem to end. What would you write?

austinhealy profile image82

Bernard J. Toulgoat (austinhealy) says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

Thank you, Austinhealy! My first line (in my head as usual went like this today - "My ex husband is dead. Or disappeared. My closest circle of support disappeared. There is no one to depend upon any more. I am alone.) Not too much of a letter....

Gary Holdaway profile image82

*Cough cough, tumbleweed* (Gary Holdaway) says

• downhome profile image

downhome 4 years ago

Hi there. As I sit here reading your posts, I never considered the thought of actually, writing a letter to myself whenever I find myself being depressed. I guess, I'll have to give that thought a try some day.

Twilight Lawns profile image83

Twilight Lawns says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

Ian, you are funny as usual!

c-m-hall profile image82

CMarie (c-m-hall) says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

Thank you, it is a very good answer. I probably should start every day with this page with the letters that I could not write, but my readers could. At least it is a beginning...

agatzby profile image60

Alex Gatzmer (agatzby) says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

It's a great letter, very poetic. Sorry, I cannot appreciate it fully being brain-damaged, but it brightened my day. Thank you, sad Gatzby... there is a reason for you to be here!

Jesse Mugnier profile image83

Jesse Mugnier says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

Thank you, Jesse. The problem is - I still cannot believe in myself- it is internal flaw - and right at this moment - it feels like the beginning of the end. I know it shall pass, but handling the moment is always a challenge, the UNSURMOUNTABLE NOW.

haikutwinkle profile image73

haikutwinkle says