Family member being possible crazy.

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)
  1. profile image49
    politzerposted 15 years ago

Okay, so here is the story.....

My brother met this woman during highschool. During their first few weeks of going out, she was caught by me, giving a blowjob to another student during school hours. I approached my brother with my findings and he just pushed it off his shoulder like it was nothing. I soon did as well. A few months later, this same girl (Who was still dating my brother) brough a well built football player to "Beat" my brother up. My brother pushed this aside and just walked away like a smart person should.

After their relationship getting sketchy, over time of course, they were still toghether, she had gotten put into a foster home. She randomly freaks out at my brother (her husband) about anything. If he gets home late she is mad at him. If he asks her to get the baby a new bottle, she freaks out at him... anything between this girl and anyone else will make her freak out.

This opens a new chapter of the issues that happen.... She is a foster child being shoved around DHS custody most of her childhood.

Her and my brother soon wed after that and she got pregnant. When they got married, my brother and her moved in with my parents. That is when most of the issues began. She would randomly explode with anger at my parents and then try to run away. When this happened my mom having a degree in psychology, would try to make excuses for her as to why this just happened. My mother seemed to put up a wall as to what was really happening.

She had her child 7 months ago. Ever since she had her kid, her mental health as i see it has gone down hill. My mother has cats in her house. Any time that she is eating food, if a cat even so much as glances in her direction she freaks out and chases the cat across the house. She plays no role in supporting the child. She does not work, and sits around, doesnt even clean house.

She never finished high school. She is constantly disrespecting my parents. I can NOT have this going on to my parents.... I know my parents could simply kick them out of the house... but my mother putting up the wall, will not do that. Her child was having fun in his johnny jump up when one of the cats walked up to him, and smelled him. She then freaked out and nearly started to pull her hair out because of the situation. What she did instead was kicked the cat four times across the kitched.....

Does anyone else see what i see going on here?

Please i need some information on this......

1. Nickny79 profile image67
      Nickny79posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like a perfectly ordinary female to me.  Did you learn this story from Style, Mystery or DeAngelo?

1. the eye profile image60
        the eyeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I know this situation it is hard. Sometimes it is difficult to undertand why the people act like that. But we don´t get anything desperating. Just imagine how many people are in your same situation, or even worse. It would be great if nothing of this will happen. The Buddhists say that when we desire to release of the suffering to all the people that are in our situation our suffering disappear.
        To do this it is not a selfish act. We see much clear all the situations when we´re in peace.
        This woman is so impulsive. In one second she turns from laughs to tears. She is so Impatient. So when she has a problem, she needs to do something fast. To decide too fast, and in a mental state of anger or fear bring us in wrong ways.
        You are the one that look for help, not her. So, don't wait to change her, not straight. What you can do is to change yourself. You have the chance of to bring some patient to your home, to put some water on the fire.
        Your sister-in-law have something inside her, that she has not been able to release. So she get angry to any interruption. Be patient with her. Her live has change in a way that maybe she didn't expect. So she just need some time to accept her new situation.
        Don't worry not even one sigle moment of our life define us. When we are troubled with something we think that it will be forever, but it is not. The life change. Be patient.
        Everybody that hurt us is sick and cannot act in any other way.
        I wish to help you more, but that's all i can.
        Take care

2. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 15 years ago

Sounds like she's off her meds and needs to get looked at by a shrink. Anger management classes would do her a world of good, too.
    Good luck. MM

3. LegendaryN8 profile image61
    LegendaryN8posted 15 years ago

She seems to be affected by some form of psychosis caused by years of stressful conditions associated with her lifestyle as a child and teenager.

At the very least, I would recommend psychiatric counseling.

4. Leah Wingert profile image67
    Leah Wingertposted 15 years ago

Making excuses in this situation will not help, neither will condemnation.  Get her into a MHMR (mental health and mental retardation) program stat.  This sounds like a severe mental health issue, such as Bi-polar disorder, PTSD (from which quite a few children and adults who have gone through the trauma of foster care suffer from), or some sort of Pshychosis which could be helped with pschycotropic medications.  Good luck and God bless.

5. dana825 profile image60
    dana825posted 14 years ago

Well, as I have never met the girl I cannot make a definitive diagnosis. However, calling anyone crazy is not a good thing to do. She sounds like she is around the right age to develop schizophrenia and her paranoia and anger would certainly match up with that. The thing is, because her mental health has gone down after her pregnancy I would think it has to do with the pregnancy. Ever heard of post-partum depression? There's a thing called post-partum psychosis. More severe but controllable with antipsychotics, don't leave her alone with the child.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)