jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

SWINE FLU VS. YOU...

1. jerryjackson profile image60
    jerryjacksonposted 8 years ago

swine flu vs.you.... what do you think about swine flu becoming a global pandemic. How long do you think this world or medical mystery will last.

1. Lgali profile image40
      Lgaliposted 8 years agoin reply to this

this is media driven chekout my hub about this

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

Yet...more and more cases are reported every day...

But, we have lived through swine flu before and probably will so again.

3. Bob Cedar profile image49
    Bob Cedarposted 8 years ago

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise and will have pharmaceutical companies devoting their resources to something more important than erection pills and the like. Doubt it, but just throwing it out there. Just in case *cough cough* Pfizer or any of them guys might be reading this.

4. MauKat profile image61
    MauKatposted 8 years ago

I think this swine flu is a lot over over-hype by the media.
    Every year people get the flu and every year people die from the flu. It is sad, but true.  The only reason this particular strain of flu is getting more attention is because it is a new strain. But honestly, it doesn't seem to be any worse than regular flu.

As a side note, my sister actually got swine flu. She was sick in bed for a few days, but now she is getting better.

5. jerryjackson profile image60

Maukat,to me what kills those infected with the flu is fear and lack of faith. if you are strong and believe in GOD, you will definitely live. My regards to your sister and i will like to say "Welcome back" to her.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image82

For one thing, this discussion does not belong in this forum topic. For another, what a load of crap. Religious people get sick and die every day. Are you saying that everyone who has died of swine flu so far is an evil person?

7. jerryjackson profile image60

Please pardon me if i posted this topic in the wrong corner,just that Extreme hub makeover is the only group i belong to here in hubpages and i love every participant in this group.
    As for being religious, evil or not is not what i am talking about but that fear of death and how this flu is being talked about by everyone especially the media can kill its victims before the virus itself decides to do the damage.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image82

This topic is for getting help on your hubs. You can post on any other topic.

Well, I guess the media in Canada are not as sensational as in other places. They are talking about swine flu and telling people to take precautions, but they are also talking to experts who say not to panic. It is better to know about something and be able to take steps to prevent it.  The WHO are declaring it a pandemic...not the media.

working