jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Health Benefits of Eucalyptus Essential Oil

1. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Health Benefits of Eucalyptus Essential Oil

2. Lady_E profile image79
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

I like Aromatherapy oil and have found Eucalyptus Oil useful in getting rid of colds. (You can pour a few drops in warm water and inhale or a few drops on a hanky and inhale)

Also, if you have a toothache, put a few drops in warm water and gurgle - it will numb the pain and its better than pain relief tablets. Works immediately.

Ps. Congrats Ngureco on your Hubscore reaching 100 a few days ago.

3. Plants and Oils profile image79
    Plants and Oilsposted 8 years ago

I recently wrote a hub about the health benefits of eucalyptus oil, which you might find informative.

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Unique-Powe … ential-Oil

4. stricktlydating profile image80
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

Eucalyptus Oil is very hand to keep at home, not just to use for health benefits, such as assisting with the common cold, but it's also a handy antibacterial cleaning agent, just dab a few drops on a damp cloth and wipe over your kitchen/bathroom etc to keep the germs at bay - it also leaves a wonderful fresh scent.

5. H P Roychoudhury profile image49
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 7 years ago

Eucalyptus Essential Oil contains low boiling or volatile ingredients. These volatile oils evaporate easily either with treatment of water or preferably warm water. The evaporation brings a sense of pleasure and relief.

6. profile image0
    Germaine Reillyposted 7 years ago

I love eucalyptus oil for its decongestant action. In winter it's a v handy oil to have for treating colds. I use in the bath for vapour therapy or steam inhalation over a bowel of hot water.

It also makes for an effective insect repellent, or if you've already been bitten, as a treatment for insect bites.

working