jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you know if you have swine flu?

1. Helen Cater profile image77
    Helen Caterposted 8 years ago

How do you know if you have swine flu?

This time of year we all get colds and flu. How can we tell the difference between cold, flu, and swine flu?

2. cocopreme profile image95
    cocopremeposted 8 years ago

WebMD has a good information about the difference between cold and flu.  Here is the link: http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/cold- … SS_PUBLIC.

3. profile image46
    LeukemiaSurvivorposted 8 years ago

There is many mysterious symptoms going around the world right now. One thing is for sure and that is The Swine Flu doesn't really have FLU symptoms at all. It;s more of a respiratory symptom infection. Just the current condition in the UK and Norway right now. Very suspicious! A good website for news the american media won't report is http://www.rense.com

4. dinkan53 profile image77
    dinkan53posted 8 years ago

Symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, chills, and fatigue. In some cases vomiting, diarrhoea, dyspnea and myalgia(muscle pain). Swine flu is diagnosed by virus isolation or by detection of viral antigen, viral RNA or specific antibody. To diagnose H1N1, a respiratiry specimen would generally need to be collected within the first 4 to 5 days of illness. common cold and flu can also associated with all these symptoms, so only a lab analysis can identify whether it is swine flu or not.

5. RNMSN profile image90
    RNMSNposted 7 years ago

in aug 2009 the cdc had recorded 292 confirmed cases of death by H1N1...H1N1 nd H1N5 are mutated forms of an inflenza strain...every year there are new flu strains every year the cdc and mean ole nurses like myself try to keep the general public healthy...the question is not if the flu is real but when it will strike you...your immune system is very strong for you never to have had a case of it
    I have had one case of real influenza in my life...both kids were under 6 yrs of age and I went to bed on fri and woke up on monday totally oblivious of what had happened all weekend thank goodness hubby didnt catch that mess or one of our kids...just me
    imagine 1918-1921 when things like that happened to entire families...
    get vaccinated!!! every time you do you are helping to thwart the buggers!

Closed to reply