jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

how do you function when your boss is a doctor and is verbally abusive. My body

1. profile image45
    rosadisiervoposted 8 years ago

how do you function when your boss is a doctor and is verbally abusive. My body feels like a...

ice, sometimes it feels like i don't know were i'm, it is very hard to concentrate and even difficult to breathe.

2. pisean282311 profile image61
    pisean282311posted 8 years ago

why do u take that?..no body has right to be verbally abusive with you..you should not take that and talk one to one with your boss...

3. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 8 years ago

I think if I aired my two sense you probably would be fired.  There is absolutely no reason why you should be putting up with his bullshit.  He will continuously do it because you are allowing it and he knows the job he has provided you with is very important to you.  Start looking for another job and I hope you find one and when you do.......I'll let your imagination figure out what to do once you've found another job....ciao

4. profile image52
    SpaceAgeposted 8 years ago

i'd find me a new job. i simply wouldn't put up w/ this 4 even a day

5. Tom Rubenoff profile image93
    Tom Rubenoffposted 8 years ago

I sympathize with your situation.  Your boss has power over you, there is no question.  Yet it is you who decides how much power s/he has. 

Before you can make your external situation better, you must make your internal situation better.  I will write a full article on it after Passover, but I would just tell you that absolutely no one can make you suffer without your cooperation.  In my article, I talk about the professional persona - basically acting out a role, just like an actor in a situation comedy at work.  How are you reacting to your abuser?  Are you becoming silent and sad, getting red in the face?  How would it be if you smiled?  Force yourself to smile in his or her face and say, "You're right, doctor.  I am [whatever name s/he just called you."  My bet is it would take all the air right out of that windbag. 

Feeling good under these conditions is another story.  I will write an article on it in the next couple of weeks. 

I hope you find this helpful.  I feel for you in your situation.

working