jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

how we can take responsibility of self safety?

1. profile image45
    jyoti001posted 7 years ago

how we can take responsibility of self safety?

2. Jeff Berndt profile image85
    Jeff Berndtposted 7 years ago

1) Always be aware of your surroundings. Do not walk with your eyes on a newspaper or in a book; do not drive while distracted.

2) Walk with confidence and purpose. If you look like an easy target, you're more likely to become a target.

3) Walk with friends. Criminals are less likely to target groups than individuals.

4) Train in a martial art, or just generally stay in shape. You're less likely to be accosted if you look like you can defend yourself.

5) You could carry a weapon, but I don't recommend it; a weapon can be taken from you and used against you, plus it adds a whole new level of responsibility to your life. Not a step to be taken lightly.

3. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

I have a couple of Hubs and several blog pages you can take a look at:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Learn-to-Observ … Techniques

4. pentecost777 profile image70
    pentecost777posted 7 years ago

I have seen many really good hubs on this subject that has gave some phenomial advise.  The only thing I can add to these would be to always be aware of your surroundings and above all, trust your gut.  I'm sure everyone has had that gut feeling telling them not to walk down a particular street or alley way.  This is what I'm talking about.  Trust your gut!  If it feels wrong, it usually is.