jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Are you most likely to not go for a walk unless you have someone to walk with?

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image81
    schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago

Are you most likely to not go for a walk unless you have someone to walk with?

2. Hui (蕙) profile image81
    Hui (蕙)posted 6 years ago

Actually, I always go for a walk myself. Then, I can think something of my own, do what I want, appreciate what I like, and choose pathes that I am fond of. I do not have to ask anybody else at moments, just go on my own. Feel good.

3. dashingclaire profile image71
    dashingclaireposted 6 years ago

If I don't have a person to walk, I take the dog

4. Blond Logic profile image99
    Blond Logicposted 6 years ago

Yes, I find it difficult to motivate myself into exercise. If I know someone else is depending on me to be there, I will make the effort. I think it also makes the walk more enjoyable and less like exercise.

5. CZCZCZ profile image83
    CZCZCZposted 6 years ago

yeah, it is usually more enjoyable to go walking with someone especially if you are person that enjoys talking with someone.  I understand it is good to clear your head sometimes and going for a walk by yourself can accomplish this but day in and day out it is more enjoyable for me to walk with someone than without.

6. profile image57
    TajSinghposted 6 years ago

I really don't mind taking a walk alone. Still, it is better to walk with someone.

7. AwakenedTruth profile image59
    AwakenedTruthposted 6 years ago

I am a speed-walker, so when I do go for a walk, no one can keep up with me so that leaves me alone with my music and or my thoughts. If I had to walk with anyone it would be my dogs (I have 3), but they get tired after a while as well.

8. profile image0
    u01dtj6posted 6 years ago

I don’t mind going for a walk on my own, if no-one else wants to go out for a walk. I like to put my music on if I’m walking on my own though. Although, it is nice to have some company, so you can chat while walking. Whichever way, I feel better after going out for a walk.

9. sanathara profile image61
    sanatharaposted 6 years ago

I go for a walk myself.Actually it's good in a way that you can walk at your own pace.Everybody enjoys in a company but while walking it's not that favorable because while talking to someone we can't maintain the speed and if the speed is not maintain then it's not called walking in the terms of exercise.

10. acewebdesign profile image60
    acewebdesignposted 6 years ago

Its better to walk alone itself. Gives you time for your own self in this busy life!

11. CyclingFitness profile image94
    CyclingFitnessposted 6 years ago

I don't mind walking by myself and quite enjoy the tranquility

I'm due to climb Jebel Toubkal in the Atlas Mountains in the next couple of months so I've started going out walking to ensure I have the specific fitness for it.

I'll go out staright from work for a couple of hours tomorrow in the hills for my trek although I have some company next weekend so i'm looking forward to that too!

12. Made profile image61
    Madeposted 6 years ago

Sometimes I walk alone and sometimes with my sister. It's a nice way to spend time together. In winters I prefer some company when it's cold and dark.

13. randomcreative profile image93
    randomcreativeposted 6 years ago

I am more likely to go for a walk with someone else, but I will go by myself if I'm feeling especially motivated. smile

working