jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does sharing your weight loss journey in writing help you stay positive?

1. Mighty Mom profile image84
    Mighty Momposted 7 years ago

Does sharing your weight loss journey in writing help you stay positive?

2. Chaotic Chica profile image69
    Chaotic Chicaposted 7 years ago

Only momentarily.  It does but then I get discouraged all over again! LOL

3. stardust_361 profile image59
    stardust_361posted 7 years ago

It does! I have a bit of weight to lose and this really helps me to stay focused. I'm not obsessed with food and I hope that I can inspire others to do the same.

Back in 1995, I wanted to lose the baby fat I was still carrying (although my baby was 3 years old by then). I managed to lose 60 pounds but re-gained it all by 2000 because I did it the wrong way. I've learned from my mistakes and I want to help others (and help myself) with going about weight loss the right way.

If I can help just one person get through his or her day of dieting because they feel discouraged, then I have been successful!

4. Boomer60 profile image58
    Boomer60posted 7 years ago

Sharing my weight loss in writing on the web keeps me more focused on what I need to do. Plus I get to meet people who are struggling the same way that I am. Also I get to learn so many things about myself and my body by writing what is going on with my weight loss.

5. lanealanea profile image59
    lanealaneaposted 7 years ago

100% it sure does. Great question, anything that you can do to move yourself forward to your goal is a great idea and as you may know that writing is one great way to do that. Lanea

Closed to reply